Carrie Hope Fletcher #6 Over 800 books and she's reading tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The video of the baker singing about his "hot buns" is back on the Cinderella Instagram account, and I already hate him. Not the actor, he seems to have a good voice, but his character (and his lyrics) seem super cringey, just like the rest of this show...

Reactions: 7
People are calling the double standards of sexualizing the baker and the use of the tongue emoji on the comments.
Like, this show is terrible and is not even out, they need to fire the whole social media team and hire better people

Reactions: 13
Talking of the snarkyness with Oliver, that seems to have been a thing with Pete as well. I wonder if it’s a habit of hers that if she falls even slightly out of love with them she starts talking down to them...? 🤨

Reactions: 2
Talking of the snarkyness with Oliver, that seems to have been a thing with Pete as well. I wonder if it’s a habit of hers that if she falls even slightly out of love with them she starts talking down to them...? 🤨
She did it constantly with Pete, even when they were in the early in-love phase. I don't think it has anything to do with being less into them, she just wants to be right all the time and thus belittles and makes fun or her partners. She also often talks to them as if they're little children. Not as much with Oliver, but all the time with Pete

People are calling the double standards of sexualizing the baker and the use of the tongue emoji on the comments.
Like, this show is terrible and is not even out, they need to fire the whole social media team and hire better people
No one should be sexualised, but women are sexualised every second of every day, and men only care the single time out 1000 it happens to a man, so if they're doing it as satire about how women are constantly treated in society, why not? Not that they'll do it well, by the looks of it. Emerald said Belleville is full of "beautiful" people, so it fits into that ridiculous narrative if every inhabitant is hyper sexualised and horny for each other constantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I had some free time today so thought I’d give Carrie’s booktube tags video a go. What a bad idea.

Not even gonna comment on how she just took the Hamilton idea and changed it to Heathers.... Not like other booktubers, of course. 🙄

First book, bought because she loved the cover. Didn’t even read 1/10 of it. Right. 🙄

Second book, Les Mis, read because she had to. Read the abridged version and just the passage that someone else specifically told her to, to study the character she played. Okay. 🙄

Third book, steamiest book ever read. Again, read because she had to do audio book. Made her blush though. 🙄

Fourth book, one that makes you feel less alone. It’s so memorable because she had to read it in the dark, on the torch. We spent this whole section hearing about the friggin torch. But don’t worry. Carrie made sure to tell us that the film adaptation is SO GREAT! 🙄

I clicked out of YouTube at this point. I got time but I’d much rather play solitaire than watch this.

Reactions: 18
Someone needs to tell Carrie that it's okay not to read, but it's a bit weird to make reading and how bookish you are a large portion of your personality when you continually make it clear that you don't actually read that much.

Reactions: 22
I watch booktubers who can talk about one book for between 10 and 20 mins- they might mention other books or film/tv adaptations if they are making a comparison. You can tell they’ve read the books. Talking about a book you haven’t read is just stupid really!

Reactions: 16
Someone needs to tell Carrie that it's okay not to read, but it's a bit weird to make reading and how bookish you are a large portion of your personality when you continually make it clear that you don't actually read that much.
I have a friend that's the same, she reminds me of Carrie in a lot of ways but especially this.

She's made being a bookworm part of her personality despite hardly reading and I think it's mostly because she was a big reader as a kid so is clinging onto it because she hasn't really got any other hobbies or interests anymore.

I get the feeling that Carrie is the same, didn't she used to read a lot more? I remember her doing a short lived book box at some point and some book recommendation videos. It's like she stopped doing anything really but needs to seem interesting again.

Reactions: 11
I have a friend that's the same, she reminds me of Carrie in a lot of ways but especially this.

She's made being a bookworm part of her personality despite hardly reading and I think it's mostly because she was a big reader as a kid so is clinging onto it because she hasn't really got any other hobbies or interests anymore.

I get the feeling that Carrie is the same, didn't she used to read a lot more? I remember her doing a short lived book box at some point and some book recommendation videos. It's like she stopped doing anything really but needs to seem interesting again.
Absolutely agree with you!

I remember Carrie being a big reader and that seemed to stop around 2015, I think?

I used to read all the time as a child and now I don't because I have other interests and everything I wanted to know is on the internet and readily available! And that's okay, I know I've changed and I accept it!

I think Carrie has also changed but like you say, she doesn't really have any interests. We can't see her sub count but I'm certain it's probably dropped considerably. Sadly, she isn't very interesting anymore. I know she can't really film anything due to the pandemic but for me at least, part of the appeal was how likeable she was. I loved the theatre vlogs and also chit chat ones too.

Nowadays, she just comes across as very preachy and rude. Not at all likeable. I don't really have interest in watching her because I find her boring. The Good Morning World videos were dull as well.

There is no much she could talk about though. Audition processes being one. However, she has been stunt casted since Les miserables (even though she denies it) so I guess eponine would be the only one we would be hear.

I do wonder how her career will fair once Cinderella flops.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Absolutely agree with you!

I remember Carrie being a big reader and that seemed to stop around 2015, I think?

I used to read all the time as a child and now I don't because I have other interests and everything I wanted to know is on the internet and readily available! And that's okay, I know I've changed and I accept it!

I think Carrie has also changed but like you say, she doesn't really have any interests. We can't see her sub count but I'm certain it's probably dropped considerably. Sadly, she isn't very interesting anymore. I know she can't really film anything due to the pandemic but for me at least, part of the appeal was how likeable she was. I loved the theatre vlogs and also chit chat ones too.

Nowadays, she just comes across as very preachy and rude. Not at all likeable. I don't really have interest in watching her because I find her boring. The Good Morning World videos were dull as well.

There is no much she could talk about though. Audition processes being one. However, she has been stunt casted since Les miserables (even though she denies it) so I guess eponine would be the only one we would be hear.

I do wonder how her career will fair once Cinderella flops.
I found her chanel when I was looking for book reviews. I can't say I ever really fully liked her. There was always something that irked me about her. I think it was how she always acted mature. And how quirky she was. But I was older than her

Reactions: 3
I was watching The Circle last night and spotted that Scott has a framed photo of him and Carrie by his bed. Bet Carrie loves that!!!

Reactions: 1
I found her chanel when I was looking for book reviews. I can't say I ever really fully liked her. There was always something that irked me about her. I think it was how she always acted mature. And how quirky she was. But I was older than her
See, I found her okay. A little self righteous at times but I found her quite endearing. I still like her old videos but it's like she's a completely different person now.

Reactions: 8
I kind of liked Carrie’s older videos, more so her vlogs in the theatres and not so much her sit down videos. Like someone else said there was just something I didn’t like about her even back then and then those traits I didn’t like just became more and more pronounced over the years to the point where there’s nothing likeable about her. But I’ve never been a fan I have to say.

Reactions: 2
It all just seems so panto cheese. I just don’t get what direction they’re going for

Reactions: 8
I thought her Green Finch and Linnet Bird IG story was good considering she said she couldn’t sing the song 🤔

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.