Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
Was this because Sutton foster originated the role? Did Kimberly Walsh tap dance when she did it? I know when wizard of oz was on and Michael Crawford was the wizard he would dance in a song in act one but when it became Russel grant who couldn’t move that changed it to him wafting scarves around. But in so many ways I can’t see Carrie as Fiona.
Would you want to be the one wafting around scarves though after Sutton Foster is immortalised on screen dancing like that? You’re just inviting derision.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

onasidequest

VIP Member
Does anyone remember the years long era of Carrie being unhinged and fighting people on Twitter and searching her name specifically to start a sparring match? Feel like that's all been transitioned to Instagram. But just mentioning because I thought of that with the demise of Twitter
Creature of habit.

• Haha

Must42

She's always been like that, with every boyfriend. Seems like a recipe for a good, happy relationship. How's that working out for you, Carrie?
And hey, I have been saying, Carrie is the one running this show and that Joel wouldnt do anything he does if she was against it. He wouldnt dare.
Agreed. That stuff about how she got suspect about the engagement because he said he's scheduled a recording for an afternoon they were supposed to spend together and he'd never do that, he just WOULDN'T.

Livvy22!

Chatty Member
She can't act though, and Nancy needs to be able to act and have a fragility and warmth.

But the oliver revival has gone very quiet so I'm not sure if it's still planned anyway.

I thought she was awful as Fantine personally but I'm not sure if she would go back to les mis again. It would be an awful career move to keep going back to the same show
I don’t think she has the depth of emotion needed for Fantine. I wouldn’t want a quirky Fantine. Nancy I could see a little more but again … so many other hard working MT people with better acting abilities. Thought CCC seemed to get good reviews? Maybe she’ll look outside MT?

lablife54

Ouch Ms Fletcher didn’t make the shortlist for this, while other cast mates have ...
She was nominated for Cinderella in the 2021 awards. This year’s nominations are a mess - the eligibility criteria was any show that opened in the last year but because the 2021 awards were at the start of 2022 there are a lot of nominees this year that were included (and even won) in the 2021 awards. Surprised the Hopefuls didn’t get her a nomination for Caucasian Chalk Circle though.

Reactions: 1

LumosWand

Random question because I was just thinking about it. Why do people on here refer to Cinderella as Carrie's first leading lady role? Wouldn't that be Veronica in Heathers? Or is it because she was the title character in Cinderella?

I do work in the industry but not as an actor. I know both Agents who represent them and they will have definitely have had a word because this thread was out of control. It took me one second to google it and find it and more and more people are getting drawn to it because they are so strange together and this engagement is insanity. So you literally google the words Carrie and Joel and it comes up.

Everyone MT wise is feeling the same as we are, they are probably totally lurking here and reading the comments. When they get brought up in conversation people are just like, what is going on??? Like this is too fast, slow down. And then the 12 videos was just hilarious, everyone is laughing at them.

I do feel sorry for Scott though, he does not want to push his best friend away but he must be questioning her sanity right now!

my mum went to a west end musical on Thursday and was talking to the stewardesses about It and they coyly engaged in conversation. She got the vibe it wasn’t really talked about it, mind u the show was quite close to home 😉

geniefromdownunder

I am catching up as I chucked a sickie yesterday, and as I am reading these threads, "Easy on Me" by Adele is playing on the radio - which is about her marriage and subsequent divorce - cue Carrie singing this when (and hopefully when) she dumps the Ogre as the lyrics seem fitting (and she is a perpetual victim)

"Go easy on me, baby
I was still a child
Didn't get the chance to
Feel the world around me
Had no time to choose what I chose to do
So go easy on me

I had good intentions
And the highest hopes"

pineapplesandcheese

On the subject of Carrie's career, I wonder if she'd do Fantine in the full Les Mis show? As far as I'm aware she only ever played her in the concert version, which I saw twice, and she was pretty good

nancy is honestly right in her wheelhouse. suits her vocal range perfectly. i bet she did go for elphaba but there’s no way she’s getting that E6 at the end of defying gravity, even in her wildest dreams.

she used to find her lack of dancing so funny but i don’t get why she never learnt either. so many roles in her age range now are going to be revivals of classic shows, and you need to dance. she’ll never put the time in though.
A while back I was looking at the account of one of the superfans people mention on here and she posted a video of Carrie singing As Long as He Needs Me, and her voice suited it imo