Carrie Hope Fletcher #28 Boyfriend is creepy, will do anything for a freebie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a new ballet that’s about to premiere in my country about Cinderella where Prince Charming is gay and falls for Prince Dashing and Cinderella falls for a royal messenger, and it’s so great that Carrie and ALW’s Cinderella is changing the way we see these classic stories

Reactions: 3
long time lurker, first time poster. I think Carrie’s evolution away from theatre is becoming more and more obvious through her appearance. Dying her hair is one thing, but getting tattoos in obvious places such as her arm, and a massive one on her leg is incredibly unprofessional in theatre. Yes, you can cover them up, but unless you are absolutely outstanding, they do drastically effect your employability in theatre. Tattoos that can be easily covered using costume and tape like on upper arms and the torso are one thing, but the massive one on her leg? Imagine covering that up every performance of Heather’s where she had to wear a short school skirt.

The industry is becoming a lot more lenient with tattoos don’t get me wrong, and Carrie possibly has more leeway as someone already established as a leading lady than someone just joining the industry fresh out of drama school, but it is still such a touchy subject within the industry, especially big ones that may be harder to hide.

I've just seen the speedos and my lord I have never been more disturbed in my life
Why can't he just...not

On the professional account too, why is this allowed 😭😭😭😭😭😭
This is what I mean. How can the PR team at Hamilton be okay with this kind of content being produced of the cast? Carrie may currently not have a job, but Joel is in one of the leading productions of West End theatre right now. There is no way, an industry so strung up in its ways of looking clean cut and professional, are okay with their actors looking and posting this way.

It’s like they have total disregard with how their employers, directors, producers, cast mates etc see them! Maybe the people they’re employed by are okay with this kind of content (although…) but they are greatly risking finding other jobs once these contracts end. Being an actor, especially in the West End, is all about being clean cut, professional and without scandal. Right now, we’re going 0 for 3.

Do they not realise that social media is how the majority of jobs in the performing arts industry are found? Even if you do audition, if you get to call backs, one of the first things a casting director or producer will look at, is how you conduct yourself online. You like an actor on stage or TV or film? You look them up. That actor represents that production and if the higher ups don’t like what they see, they won’t hire you. It’s not like an office job where you’re tucked away at a cubicle from 9-5.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Do they really need to make constant posts about their feelings for one another? They can just do one and be done with it. Feels like they're shoving this down our throats
This is why, or at least one of many reasons why, I think it's fake. You are literally sitting next to each other, you can say I love you to each other 24/7. The fact that they keep posting ' I love you" "no I love YOU" nonsense is all just performative IMO, they are trilling us.
They are the also the "You hang up" " No YOU hang up" people. Time for us to be Rachel and do the hanging up for them.

Reactions: 11
Sorry I’m late to the game on this, but with regards to sun_and_stars, Carrie direct-messaging critical fans is nothing new. I don’t think I’ve talked about this here before, probably because I didn’t want her to recognise my profile as a tattler and block me. But she’s blocked me from stories anyway, so whatever.

When she did the whole heteroflexible thing, I had been a huge fan. I went to all of her meet and greets, saw her shows, bought all of her books. So naturally, I was really disappointed. So I’m commented on the post expressing that, although I was a big fan, I was also queer, and this had really upset me. Carrie *immediately* slid into my DMs. She said she’d recognised my profile from meet and greets, and wanted to chat directly about my comment. She went full defensive mode, saying that I had no way of knowing her sexuality, that sexuality was a spectrum, that she’s sometimes felt queer, etc etc. I reiterated my issues about the word ‘heteroflexible’ and the way her sudden queerness had come up, and she just deflected and then said she didn’t know that heteroflexible was offensive. Then she thanked me for my constructive criticism, before promptly blocking me from viewing her stories.

I was a bit gutted. All I wanted to do was pass feedback onto my favourite creator, only to be barraged with this slew of defensive crap. I had been an occasional tattle/guru gossip lurker before (although I liked Carrie a lot, I did understand some of the critiques)…but this made me a fully-fledged poster. She treats her fans like crap. If they’re spewing tonnes of adoration and spending cash on gifts, she barely acknowledges them. If they make one comment that could be perceived as a slight, she’ll spend all her emotional labour, time and resources on making sure they never critique her again. It’s utterly pathetic.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
I know that Cindermehla is but a distant memory now, but just by way of a footnote a touring version of The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe starring Samantha Womack opened at the Gillian Lynne theatre this week, I think it was originated at Leeds Playhouse. On till January. Then the NT production of Lehman Trilogy comes in.

So if Carrie didn't get all her mini fridge, tuck shop and book library shite out of the dressing room, it will be too late now.

It will be funny if Lloyd Webber is making more money out of the theatre hire to TLTWTW than he did out of Cindermehla.

1658442030479.png

Reactions: 3
Sorry I’m late to the game on this, but with regards to sun_and_stars, Carrie direct-messaging critical fans is nothing new. I don’t think I’ve talked about this here before, probably because I didn’t want her to recognise my profile as a tattler and block me. But she’s blocked me from stories anyway, so whatever.

When she did the whole heteroflexible thing, I had been a huge fan. I went to all of her meet and greets, saw her shows, bought all of her books. So naturally, I was really disappointed. So I’m commented on the post expressing that, although I was a big fan, I was also queer, and this had really upset me. Carrie *immediately* slid into my DMs. She said she’d recognised my profile from meet and greets, and wanted to chat directly about my comment. She went full defensive mode, saying that I had no way of knowing her sexuality, that sexuality was a spectrum, that she’s sometimes felt queer, etc etc. I reiterated my issues about the word ‘heteroflexible’ and the way her sudden queerness had come up, and she just deflected and then said she didn’t know that heteroflexible was offensive. Then she thanked me for my constructive criticism, before promptly blocking me from viewing her stories.

I was a bit gutted. All I wanted to do was pass feedback onto my favourite creator, only to be barraged with this slew of defensive crap. I had been an occasional tattle/guru gossip lurker before (although I liked Carrie a lot, I did understand some of the critiques)…but this made me a fully-fledged poster. She treats her fans like crap. If they’re spewing tonnes of adoration and spending cash on gifts, she barely acknowledges them. If they make one comment that could be perceived as a slight, she’ll spend all her emotional labour, time and resources on making sure they never critique her again. It’s utterly pathetic.
Hetroflexible is such an awful term. It makes it sound like sexuality is a choice and can be switched on and off when you like. Especially offensive to bi people who get enough flack from both sides as it is

She could have said she has experimented or has been curious before etc. So many better ways to say that. It's further proof that, like mental health, sexuality is just the latest thing for celebs and influencers to latch on to for attention, engagement and to seem relevant

Reactions: 31
I know that Cindermehla is but a distant memory now, but just by way of a footnote a touring version of The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe starring Samantha Womack opened at the Gillian Lynne theatre this week, I think it was originated at Leeds Playhouse. On till January. Then the NT production of Lehman Trilogy comes in.

So if Carrie didn't get all her mini fridge, tuck shop and book library shite out of the dressing room, it will be too late now.

It will be funny if Lloyd Webber is making more money out of the theatre hire to TLTWTW than he did out of Cindermehla.

View attachment 1435891
The Leeds Playhouse production was absolutely stunning and done in the round. The day I walked into the Quarry theatre space back when it was the West Yorkshire Playhouse, was pure magic! I hope the new production haven’t messed with it too much, it was pretty much perfect when I saw it!

Reactions: 6

Omg, I'm sorry that she treated you that way. It's petty of her to block you afterwards when it sounds like you had a civil, constructive discussion.

Maybe you informing her that heteroflexible is an offensive term did teach her something, though, because I don't think she's claimed to be heteroflexible since that one time? And she changed her blog post again:

"Now, I'm not gay. I’ve kissed/been attracted to few girls in my brief existence, so I’m not sure if or where I fall on the LGBT+ spectrum anywhere? So, i don’t have a coming out story and I can't imagine what that conversation is like." (http://www.carriehopefletcher.com/2018/03/when-i-am-parent-response-to-love-simon.html?m=1).

It doesn't mention the word heteroflexible anymore, but I remember the first version said "I am straight", so she changed it a third time. As a queer person, I am still so annoyed by this whole thing, though. Someone should teach her about the Kinsey scale. Like, many, many straight people are curious or kiss people of the same gender now and then, but it doesn't mean they're lgbt. And how could she get so enraged by people questioning her when she had literally said - recently, too - that she was straight. 🙄

I see Megan Jayne Crabbe is dating a woman atm. Wonder why she didn't call Carrie out on the heteroflexible thing at the time, but maybe she didn't see it. They seem to be only acquaintances, anyway. And it's not like it's her job to inform Carrie, but given how she seems to support Carrie a lot on SoMe, I'd be surprised if she accepted her saying she was heteroflexible.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Joel just doesn’t seem straight to me. Did he think this relationship would boost his social blade?

Reactions: 4
"Seeming straight" or "seeming gay" is not a thing. He is dating a woman and hasn't said he's bi or anything
Absolutely agree. Discussing this isn’t a thing either. I also remember the times when people on here (or on GG) asked themselves if Oliver could possibly be gay – why would anyone question that? There’s enough to talk about (pink speedos, thank you very much) already.

Reactions: 22

I'm sorry you had that experience with her at a time when she was important to you. The fact that she tried to explain how sexuality works to a queer person says everything you need to know about her, imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Omg, I'm sorry that she treated you that way. It's petty of her to block you afterwards when it sounds like you had a civil, constructive discussion.

Maybe you informing her that heteroflexible is an offensive term did teach her something, though, because I don't think she's claimed to be heteroflexible since that one time? And she changed her blog post again:

"Now, I'm not gay. I’ve kissed/been attracted to few girls in my brief existence, so I’m not sure if or where I fall on the LGBT+ spectrum anywhere? So, i don’t have a coming out story and I can't imagine what that conversation is like." (http://www.carriehopefletcher.com/2018/03/when-i-am-parent-response-to-love-simon.html?m=1).

It doesn't mention the word heteroflexible anymore, but I remember the first version said "I am straight", so she changed it a third time. As a queer person, I am still so annoyed by this whole thing, though. Someone should teach her about the Kinsey scale. Like, many, many straight people are curious or kiss people of the same gender now and then, but it doesn't mean they're lgbt. And how could she get so enraged by people questioning her when she had literally said - recently, too - that she was straight. 🙄

I see Megan Jayne Crabbe is dating a woman atm. Wonder why she didn't call Carrie out on the heteroflexible thing at the time, but maybe she didn't see it. They seem to be only acquaintances, anyway. And it's not like it's her job to inform Carrie, but given how she seems to support Carrie a lot on SoMe, I'd be surprised if she accepted her saying she was heteroflexible.
I can see why other celebrities do not call her out - look how she treats her own fans when they merely pull her up on a comment! I can imagine any celebrity calling her out whether publicly or privately would feel the full wrath of her and The Hopefuls 🤣

Joel just doesn’t seem straight to me. Did he think this relationship would boost his social blade?
People said this about Oliver, can we stop! Straight men can be feminine, flamboyant, cringe, affectionate and love loudly in the same way Gay men can be ultra-masculine, quiet, cold and non-sexual. None of these things are signs of a persons's sexuality, this way of thinking is terribly old-fashioned. Also, Bi people exist!

Reactions: 37
Carrie's friends seem to have all but disappeared, at least from her Instagram (apart from Scott). Her world just seems to be Joel.
If there is anyone left I hope that they are giving her a serious tough love speech.
What friends?

She’s a typical person who forgets and ignores their friends once she has a bf/gf.
Then gets dumped, suddenly she remembers old friends, oh she has missed them so much!!!

which she did after Ollie and right before Joel thing.

Such a fake behavior. I’ve had this experience in the past and I don’t have contact with people like this anymore.

i’m not surprised she doesn’t have many friends besides Scott.

Reactions: 19
Do you think Joel feels some sort of unjust pressure to post about Carrie? Considering before they started dating I think he had ~2k Instagram followers now he has over 25k? Must be very strange to have a personal profile where you know the majority of the followers aren’t actually following you for you

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.