Carrie Hope Fletcher #28 Boyfriend is creepy, will do anything for a freebie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time tattle observer, first time poster.. I can’t hold it in any longer. I just can’t bear this man and his SERIOUS red flag behaviour any longer. I dated someone very similar to him when I was relatively fresh out of a long term relationship. They’re great for a needed ego boost for a few weeks but the talks of forever, the L bomb, the quick glances at the camera to check it’s definitely filming you snogging, the list goes on and on.. after only a few WEEKS should have been the signs she needed to walk away. He’s FAR too intense way too soon. He’s inappropriate with his social media towards her and their relationship and because of him I actually DON’T want to see Hamilton now. He makes my skin crawl, he’s unbelievably creepy. Part of me worries she’s not broken up with him yet because he’s simply not allowed her to.. he comes across as manipulative and controlling. She needs to get out.

Reactions: 39
Wonder if Carrie realises that they quicker they burn through the relationship, the quicker it is most likely to burn out. And if/when it does, that is going to be really embarrassing. To be honest, the rate these two are going, throwing around 'man of my dreams' etc, if this doesn't end in marriage, they've both made themselves look a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: 14
Nobody else would want to be with you there either.

Came over here to say exactly this. The harder she tries, the less authentic it seems. It's so weird because – although still annoying – she actually seemed happy when she was traveling with her family. Now with Joel she just acts as if happy, but it doesn't seem believable or real at all. It's such a weird vibe. With Oliver, we've always known that she practically worshipped him – not that that's healthy – but her feelings seemed real while everything about this overly shared relationship with creepy J. seems manufactured, as if she's just playing a role to meet her own expectations (= a boyfriend that presents her to the world and puts her first, the chance of a ring, a marriage, a family, ...) and desires. Of course, this can't work out.

I don't believe for one second that she's actually happy with Joel. What I do believe though is that she's relieved that she doesn't have to be alone while Oli publicly shows that he is happier with Alessia after a few months than with her in five years.
Oliver's girlfriend mentioned going on holiday yesterday, wonder if it's as a couple and how much classy will it be compared to Carrie's Poundland couples holiday.

Reactions: 9
i don't think she realises that to an observer, this whole joel thing isn't giving plunged into happiness, it's giving cassie from euphoria, crying whilst screaming you guys can all judge me if you want but i have never, ever been happier

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Now I feel sick as well as overly hot and how is Joel the man of her dreams. She must be suffering from nightmares.
UK is currently hotter too.
Always find it weird when for example for Carrie Oliver was the man of her dreams....then goes for someone exactly the opposite (body, hair, "personality") then act like they are also a man of their dream's....I think she is mistaking dreams with nightmares. 😄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
The combination of her rubbing his shoulder, all that side boob and his hairy chest made me vomit in my mouth a little bit. View attachment 1428553
You’ll probably find the amount of side boob is due to the fact she was probably topless. Her bikini is undone at the back which I think is unusual when lying on your back as you normally only undo round the neck when lying like that. Probably got the camera out and she whipped it back on quickly hence the side boob.

Reactions: 1
My boss has given us the day off so I feel like I have been on here an awful lot already 🤣 but I wonder if Joel's outwardly creepy behaviour was what Oliver was avoiding while with Carrie? Maybe Oliver did not publicly post Carrie very much because he was aware how people saw them as a couple? Or he did not enjoy having every post picked apart?
People assumed he was with her for the free meal ticket and her links to real fame but it appears to me that this is precisely what Joel is after, but the difference here is that Joel seems happy to make these intentions known with his constant posting and tags. He seems to enjoy "stoking the fire" far too much with the creepy behaviour - as they say "its better to be talked about than not at all".

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Long time lurker, first time poster.

This might be a weird take, but this holiday is giving me a couple in their 50s vibes. Like it's reminding me of my older relatives who go on FB after they've found a new partner after a divorce and they're not quite 'reading the room' properly. Like they're trying to prove a point and show off they've discovered themselves and will 'no longer be settling for anything less', when in reality no one really cares. If they just posted pictures of themselves enjoying the holiday (like don't get me wrong it would still be annoying) but it would feel more like that's my issue, whereas this added layer of trying to prove or preach something just makes it feel very off. I think it has an air of entitlement to it, like they're assuming how I feel about their relationship and then they're trying to prove me wrong. When really They're just proving me right, because if you really we're in 'love' you'd be focusing on your relationship and not what the internet thinks of you.

It might just be because Joel gives me the major ick. Which is disappointing because at first I was really rooting for him. But he really creeps me out and unfortunately this is starting to rub off on Carrie for me. This holiday is just making me feel really uncomfortable. Like Carrie is my age! She should be having fun and there should be this energy between them but this holiday is very flat. It's just making me feel like they're a middle age couple who are getting a holiday at last as the kids have finally left home. This shouldn't be the vibe of an early relationship! I've been with my husband for 10 years and this isn't our vibe. Where's the sparks, that flirty energy?

It's really creeping me out and I actually feel really sad for Carrie. Like this could have been her phoenix year! But instead she's getting smothered by a gummy bear.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She can say she doesn’t care about pissing off her followers as much as she likes, but at the end of the day social media is the basis of her entire career. If people start unfollowing due to the rank bf photos, then her career walks away with them.

Also everything about Joel screams “first girlfriend” and Carrie is so deluded to think that his treatment is unique to her. This relationship is mutually beneficial. Joel gets female attention for the first time ever, Carrie gets male validation in a time of low self esteem. For each of them, it could’ve been anyone. They can give it “star crossed lovers” as much as they like, but they are both completely replaceable.

Reactions: 31

This might be a weird take, but this holiday is giving me a couple in their 50s vibes. Like it's reminding me of my older relatives who go on FB after they've found a new partner after a divorce and they're not quite 'reading the room' properly. Like they're trying to prove a point and show off they've discovered themselves and will 'no longer be settling for anything less', when in reality no one really cares. If they just posted pictures of themselves enjoying the holiday (like don't get me wrong it would still be annoying) but it would feel more like that's my issue, whereas this added layer of trying to prove or preach something just makes it feel very off. I think it has an air of entitlement to it, like they're assuming how I feel about their relationship and then they're trying to prove me wrong. When really They're just proving me right, because if you really we're in 'love' you'd be focusing on your relationship and not what the internet thinks of you.

It might just be because Joel gives me the major ick. Which is disappointing because at first I was really rooting for him. But he really creeps me out and unfortunately this is starting to rub off on Carrie for me. This holiday is just making me feel really uncomfortable. Like Carrie is my age! She should be having fun and there should be this energy between them but this holiday is very flat. It's just making me feel like they're a middle age couple who are getting a holiday at last as the kids have finally left home. This shouldn't be the vibe of an early relationship! I've been with my husband for 10 years and this isn't our vibe. Where's the sparks, that flirty energy?

It's really creeping me out and I actually feel really sad for Carrie. Like this could have been her phoenix year! But instead she's getting smothered by a gummy bear.
Oliver's long weekends away in contrast were so different, you really could believe it was a young couple in love having an amazing, romantic time away... instead of someone trying to convince their following that they are having the best time ever... please tell your face Carrie.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

They decided to skip the whole flirty-butterflies-in-your-belly part and they've been married for 20 years now. It's sad. I've been dating my partner for several years too, and this is not our energy either.

Reactions: 18
All these comments are so spot on. I've been reading along and nodding!

The more she pushes how in love she is, the less I believe it. I've seen people do this before, but never quite so desperately or obviously as Carrie and Joel. They are both insufferable as Carrie puts in, but also reek of desperation. I wonder if Carrie is trying to convince herself she is madly in love, hence ramping everything up to 100.

We would all be thrilled for her if she posted a la Oliver- subtle, after a suitable amount of time together, and fairly low key. She has absolutely grossed everyone out, including presumably all her family and friends. I know if my sibling or friend was doing this I would have had a word! But perhaps everyone is too scared of Carrie's reaction to do so.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
We would all be thrilled for her if she posted a la Oliver- subtle, after a suitable amount of time together, and fairly low key. She has absolutely grossed everyone out, including presumably all her family and friends. I know if my sibling or friend was doing this I would have had a word! But perhaps everyone is too scared of Carrie's reaction to do so.
This is what I’ve been thinking the whole time. I know for a fact if one of my mates started posting suddenly about how they met the love of their life, how they’re so in love, how they’ve found the man of their dreams after about three weeks of actually being official there’d be a lot of talk about it. I think maybe her friends/family have said something at this point but she’s probably just brushed it off or convinced herself that they’re just jealous. It’s funny because she pretends she’s ok with all the criticism she’s got about it, posting stuff like ‘we’re insufferable but we don’t care’ which shows she just doesn’t understand. Ok, some people post loads about their relationship on social media, it’s not for everyone but it’s not something that ppl would talk about if Carrie did bc it’s just boring. Ppl bring up her social media antics with Joel bc it’s obviously so forced. Is that all they think about? Can they not just have a fun holiday without every ten minutes taking a new photo just for social media? That one of them kissing is so gross and cringe. Like they’ve obviously went, ‘ok let’s take a photo where we close our eyes and kiss while one of us awkwardly holds our phone up and hopes for the best.’ Like can you imagine looking over on holiday and seeing a couple doing that?

Reactions: 14
At this point, for Carrie’s safety, the best I can hope for is that this was all a big con/joke. Otherwise Joel’s behaviour and attitude is pretty terrifying. And I know it’s been mentioned before but it can’t be discounted that Carrie was still broken hearted when they met. Did it not occur to him that taking advantage of her low self esteem and heartbreak at that point might be a tad manipulative? (I know the answer is no, he’s declared himself as a massive creep at this point).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Aside from anything else, didn’t she want a beach holiday? Not a ‘lying in the hotel’ holiday?

Reactions: 4
Also, does anyone else feel like its very inappropriate and unprofessional to have work/theatre related posts on their stories of fellow actors IN THE MIDDLE of all these lovey dovey over the top half-clothed holiday beach photos? Maybe its just me, but it weirded me out

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.