Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seriously crappy response from her there. “I don’t do dodge”. Shut up. Move on. Pipe down.
I know, right?!

I asked her about just this earlier this year.

It annoyed me because she was recommending how wonderful it was with no mention of it being an ad, and days later she was speaking at some kind of promotional event for Altrient. It just made me feel like her recommendation was totally untrustworthy. Glad I realised before I bought the bloody stuff!
I unfollowed anyway!

Wow, she knew exactly what you meant. I mean, how many tv shows has she appeared on where she shilled Altrient? Capitalising on the fact you couldn’t quite recall which show is shifty behaviour... no wonder suspicion is growing around everything these people do. All their own making as far as I’m concerned :cautious:

Presumably she gets paid for the This Morning appearances too. So collecting two pay checks for one job.. nice work if you can get it. Feels like it should be in breach of the law to receive money to endorse a product undeclared on national tv in the guise of being an expert but maybe it’s not?

It’s this segment btw - the last product. No wonder she is gutted when holly and Phil react badly to the taste

Ok so hang on, she’s recommending Altrient on national TV as an ‘independent’ expert, with no mention at all that she is paid by them to promote it? That is totally out of order! How hilarious that they thought it was disgusting, you can hear the desperation in her voice at the end 😂

Oh yes the clean beauty box, after she spent years rolling her eyes about clean beauty claims. I guess the £££ makes it possible to perform the necessary gymnastics.

Btw does anyone know if the Garnier body repair lotion (in the red bottle) as good as she claims? I hate feeling dusty but I also hate feeling sticky.
I don’t like it, it doesn’t keep your skin feeling moisturised all day and it is a bit sticky. I don’t think Palmers cocoa butter can be beaten. Fragrance free as the other is a bit strong x

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Don’t @ me = please @ me.

Imagine if everyone actually stopped @ing these people. Their egos and not to mention their livelihoods would fall apart from the lack of attention.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She's seen them all? OK, no hyperbole there, simply facts. Let's try this logic.
Your lashes are the worst ever. There is no competition. I've seen them all. Don't @ me. They look like they're about to walk off, no, slither off your eyes, and throw themselves into a fire for everyone's benefit.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Her ego and self importance knows no bounds.

If Hirons says he was the best front man ever , there’s no further discussion .
Oh OK then Caroline, so Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart, Jon Bon Jovi and David Bowie don't cut the mustard?! Oh OK, if you say so ...... Daft old bat, and as for "don't @me", why is she always so reluctant to enter into a good spirited discussion? It seems she can't handle anyone holding an opinion that is different to hers, she is so aggressive.

Reactions: 4
Waiting for the follow up story where she says:

“I told you all not to @ me (but please @ me). Hutchence is the GOAT, this is the hill I will die on”

And cliches ad nauseam.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just had a look back to check the dates. On 31st December she includes Altrient Vit C in 2018 favourites. On 11th January she is in Ireland at an Altrient event ‘doing press’ for them. That’s an impressively quick turnaround after they contacted her to help them ‘at the beginning of the year’????!!!

Attachments

I'm ashamed to say I fell for the Altrient C thing. I saw an article from Alice Hart Davis recommending 3 sachets a day as it's apparently better than any creams (she had done a lengthy trial). All it did was make me nauseous.
I'm afraid to say I also fell for the Altrient C thing as a result of Alice's article. Not only did it do nothing for my skin - and I tried it over six months - but during the time I was using it I had the worst cold of my life. And this was supposed to be a super-effective form of vitamin C.

I like Alice - among other things she engages well with comments and questions on her IG - and I am interested in the sort of cosmetic procedures she writes about but I wish she'd be a bit more critical about some of them. She tries out a lot herself and I don't think she's ever said that something was ineffective or disappointing. Also, not sure I can ever forgive her for popularising the term 'tweakments'.

Reactions: 2
After lurking on this site for a couple of weeks, I have decided to make an account (so I can open and look at the pictures/ attachments 🤭). Also please forgive me if my english is a bit off at times, Iḿ from Norway and don't have a lot of chances to use english on a daily basis.

I have to say, I did watch Carolines videos some years ago- when all the British you tubers kept talking about her, but I guess I got bored or something because I just stopped watching her.

Anyway, whilst reading this thread I suddenly remember:
Did not Anna (the Anna edit) have to change her skincare last year or the year before because she has a lot of skin the damage- I remember her talking about that on a video, where she casually said that she was at a dermatologist and had to simplify her skincare because of skin damage. I remember thinking, thats weird she usually uses SPF, has a ton off really good skincare items in her bathroom and she has also gotten skincare recommendations from Caroline...... 🤔

To be fair to Caroline, Anna could have also slacked off its the SPF so can't really put the all blame on her, its not like she has been recommending products without really understanding what they are made out of or how they work.

Reactions: 6
My face would self-destruct if used that many products, especially since a lot of them are scented or filled with essential oils, and if you introduce acids to top all of that, I'd be just a pair of eyes. Most dermatologists recommend a simpler routine with a few actives you can actually tolerate and see a difference.

After lurking on this site for a couple of weeks, I have decided to make an account (so I can open and look at the pictures/ attachments 🤭). Also please forgive me if my english is a bit off at times, Iḿ from Norway and don't have a lot of chances to use english on a daily basis.

I have to say, I did watch Carolines videos some years ago- when all the British you tubers kept talking about her, but I guess I got bored or something because I just stopped watching her.

Anyway, whilst reading this thread I suddenly remember:
Did not Anna (the Anna edit) have to change her skincare last year or the year before because she has a lot of skin the damage- I remember her talking about that on a video, where she casually said that she was at a dermatologist and had to simplify her skincare because of skin damage. I remember thinking, thats weird she usually uses SPF, has a ton off really good skincare items in her bathroom and she has also gotten skincare recommendations from Caroline...... 🤔

To be fair to Caroline, Anna could have also slacked off its the SPF so can't really put the all blame on her, its not like she has been recommending products without really understanding what they are made out of or how they work.
Welcome!

You are correct. I recall (possibly incorrectly) a few more details to give it a bit more flavour:

CH went to meet a new high end, niche brand about to be stocked at selfridges. They gave her a bundle of their products to try. As CH was then on her way to meet Anna, Lily and Ruth for lunch, CH kindly pressed the brand into making up three more bundles, telling them it would be worth it for them. I remember thinking it was about £250 worth of product in each bundle.

Anna, Lily and Ruth then dutifully showed off the products, as CH would have asked them to do, in their next ‘new in’, my skincare routine videos etc. Like they got a lot of mentions. How luxurious, how pure, yes it’s high end but how wonderful, I’m so lucky CH got this for me etc.

Next thing Anna’s skin goes horribly bad and fair play to her, she admits it’s the high end brand. Not a peep from the others. She then takes a paid gig for one of the French pharmacy brands (LRP or Bioderma?) to analyse her skin and suggest a routine. CH then went on a classic rant on her website where she was not writing about the thing that was annoying her but made it about something niche. Perhaps that derms employed by brands can’t be trusted to be impartial. Funny that.

To be fair, anything can make anyone’s skin break out, but I do remember watching that episode from the sidelines with interest.

To be fair, anything can make anyone’s skin break out, but I do remember watching that episode from the sidelines with interest.
Absolutely true! I wouldn't blame her for a product not suiting me, it's my fault I tried following this over-complicated routine when I first discovered her and her colleagues, and my skin hated me. It is trial and error, but at the same time, so many products and steps are just so that the companies make money, I mean 2 cleansers, acid toner, hydrating toner, mist, serum, oil, moisturiser, SPF (and then the make up) often in one morning, completely unnecessary and contra-effective in many cases. And at the end, the most effective thing she's used on her skin was probably prescription retinols which are pretty cheap (especially in comparison to anything containing blue tansy).

Reactions: 5
Absolutely true! I wouldn't blame her for a product not suiting me, it's my fault I tried following this over-complicated routine when I first discovered her and her colleagues, and my skin hated me. It is trial and error, but at the same time, so many products and steps are just so that the companies make money, I mean 2 cleansers, acid toner, hydrating toner, mist, serum, oil, moisturiser, SPF (and then the make up) often in one morning, completely unnecessary and contra-effective in many cases. And at the end, the most effective thing she's used on her skin was probably prescription retinols which are pretty cheap (especially in comparison to anything containing blue tansy).
I used to work for several cinsultant dermatologists in a large NHS hospital and they would be shocked at the number of ingredients these self-appointed "experts" are encouraging people to smear all over their skin. It's nuts!! Skin just needs to be cleansed, moisturised and protected from the sun. The fewer the ingredients the better - every additional ingredient adds another possible allergen.

I used to work for several cinsultant dermatologists in a large NHS hospital and they would be shocked at the number of ingredients these self-appointed "experts" are encouraging people to smear all over their skin. It's nuts!! Skin just needs to be cleansed, moisturised and protected from the sun. The fewer the ingredients the better - every additional ingredient adds another possible allergen.
I'm not a bit surprised. A while ago I started to wonder why the face in particular had to be attacked and targeted so vigorously with expensive potions. Acids! Exfoliants! Machines purchased to do god knows what! It's just a bit of skin. All the while new must-have products to be purchased and slotted into your existing routine. Barmy that self appointed experts have actually made a career out it when you think about it.
I fell down the rabbit hole and did get into that buying frenzy until my skin protested by coming out in large cystic spots along my jaw. In desperation I just left it completely alone for weeks and the sky did not come crashing down but my skin healed and looked the same if not better (but without spots). I now just cleanse, use an oil and a moisturiser. Cheap stuff too - Superdrug. My skin had just got so congested and overloaded and I think I was constantly trying to cure problems that frankly didn't exist but I was being told by experts that something perfectly normal was a 'problem'. I definitely was over washing my face. The way CH attacks her face with a flannel gives me the absolute heaves.

Reactions: 7
I'm not a bit surprised. A while ago I started to wonder why the face in particular had to be attacked and targeted so vigorously with expensive potions. Acids! Exfoliants! Machines purchased to do god knows what! It's just a bit of skin. All the while new must-have products to be purchased and slotted into your existing routine. Barmy that self appointed experts have actually made a career out it when you think about it.
I fell down the rabbit hole and did get into that buying frenzy until my skin protested by coming out in large cystic spots along my jaw. In desperation I just left it completely alone for weeks and the sky did not come crashing down but my skin healed and looked the same if not better (but without spots). I now just cleanse, use an oil and a moisturiser. Cheap stuff too - Superdrug. My skin had just got so congested and overloaded and I think I was constantly trying to cure problems that frankly didn't exist but I was being told by experts that something perfectly normal was a 'problem'. I definitely was over washing my face. The way CH attacks her face with a flannel gives me the absolute heaves.
Caroline is a supreme Saleswoman and appears to be very well respected within the beauty industry, hence the ‘Achiever’ award last night.

I’d say she’s much more influential and has more reach than Sali Hughes despite her abrasive and aggressive manner.

Maybe it's because of that. Some people tend to mix an aggressive stance with confidence and she is like a drill sergeant with her approach to skin care.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.