Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The youtube vid she has done with Emilia Clarke she looks like a giant or Emilia is tiny.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Sorry if this sounds unkind but the trainers in that video made me cringe. Would it hurt to make a bit of an effort?

Caroline is on a podcast of a woman I really like - Madeline Spencer. It’s called Beauty Full Lives. Has anyone listened? I cannot even watch her videos or listen to her speak anymore. But I’m curious how Caroline comes across in a conversation with a more-grounded beauty journalist.

Reactions: 1
This old bulldog would never endorse the St Ives scrub, but shes endorsinf Huda Beauty's new face scrub, money does talk

Reactions: 5
She’s limited comments. Interesting.

Odd to say “it’s not a scrub per se” when it has a physical exfoliant in the ingredients. VERY suspicious to wax lyrical about the chemical exfoliating ingredients but not the cellulose. Shady as tit Caroline. Especially when you know the average person wouldn’t recognise cellulose as a physical exfoliating ingredient. Isn’t it your job to shed light on that sort of thing?

And then tying herself in knots in kjbennetts’ comments.. dear me.

Attachments

She used to be v. Indignant about their uses of mineral oil, I don't know if they changed the recipe against her (better) judgement.

As for the pixi cleanser, I found it to be utter shite, cream was done in a fortnight and the oil was just oil, literally wouldve been disappointed if I'd got it in a pound shop! I expected more but in hindsight, Counter-Staff-Hirons has been flogging us snake oil for years... More fool me eh? 😂
I got her Pixi double cleanse too and can also say it was tit. Not worth the money. Much prefer The Body Shop chamomile butter cleanser.

I am truly shite at starting new threads but we need a new one for CH.

I’m also a dope at creating catchy titles
but I did think of that song ‘Dirty cash’

Money talks , dirty cash I want you, dirty cash I need you, and Caroline has just the thing if she’s paid enough to schill.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Pretty sure she used to complain about companies who don't post full ingredient lists...but hey, Huda gave her this under a huge veil of secrecy..(ffs, it's not like it's a cure for cancer!)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
A “huge veil of secrecy”, was it? Uh huh. Sure. As opposed to Huda going “Caroline who? Nope. Never heard of her.”

• Haha
Huda gave her this under a huge veil of secrecy..(ffs, it's not like it's a cure for cancer!)
i know, this annoys the crap out of me. The overinflated sense of self importance. It’s a friggin face scrub, you weren’t alone, no doubt all instagrammers got it. You aren’t special, she knows you will schill it for her. It isn’t important.

Sali Hughes does it too. She recently had the first bottle in the entire UK of.....hold the front page......a Kiehls face lotion. What is wrong with these people.

Reactions: 8
i know, this annoys the crap out of me. The overinflated sense of self importance. It’s a friggin face scrub, you weren’t alone, no doubt all instagrammers got it. You aren’t special, she knows you will schill it for her. It isn’t important.

Sali Hughes does it too. She recently had the first bottle in the entire UK of.....hold the front page......a Kiehls face lotion. What is wrong with these people.
How Hirons and Hughes have made themselves wealthy and well known on the back of this snake oil schilling tit beggars belief.

Of course she knows.

She is the all knowing, all seeing, all trying, all experiencing, every continent living, mother of more kids than you, writer of books, website crashing, washbag flogging, pay-me-up-front-mother-fucker, queen of everything and don't ever doubt it.

😁
Brillant comment. She also has a face like the back of a shovel which would put me off from using anything she recommends lest I should end up with a similar visage.

Insinuating she knows Estee Laundry’s identity. Whatever Caroline! :rolleyes:
There's someone else in that post who irritates the hell out of me - Sam Farmer. If ever there was a sanctimonious self important prat, it's that character. He does hair and skin products for teenagers after he supposedly got annoyed at the packaging of his teenagers' products - pink and flowery if for girls. He thinks he is a major industry authority after having been in it a relatively short time. i bought one of his shampoos out of interest (ok, I haven't been a teenager for quite a few decades). It was mediocre and I said so on the site I bought it from. I promptly got an indignant reply from Daddy Sam himself informing me that the product is not for my age group😮 There was me thinking that shampoo could be used by anyone without having to present their birth certificate. I just took a look at his tweets and came to the conclusion that he sent to a remote desert island with Hirons and Hughes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
She’s limited comments. Interesting.

Odd to say “it’s not a scrub per se” when it has a physical exfoliant in the ingredients. VERY suspicious to wax lyrical about the chemical exfoliating ingredients but not the cellulose. Shady as tit Caroline. Especially when you know the average person wouldn’t recognise cellulose as a physical exfoliating ingredient. Isn’t it your job to shed light on that sort of thing?

And then tying herself in knots in kjbennetts’ comments.. dear me.
I used to read kjbennett's Facebook group, but can't believe the extent to which he thinks Hirons is a skincare expert, and always creepy crawls to her. She seems to have a talent for fooling a lot of people.

Reactions: 2
I used to read kjbennett's Facebook group, but can't believe the extent to which he thinks Hirons is a skincare expert, and always creepy crawls to her. She seems to have a talent for fooling a lot of people.
Or is it a case of not wanting to get on her bad side? I imagine there’s a lot of people in the industry who, while not afraid of her, would really not want the hassle of somehow making an enemy out of her. Sucking up is an easy way of doing groundwork to create a safety net of goodwill. Her influence in the industry is undeniably powerful.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.