Caroline Hirons #14 Hall of Mediocre but buy it anyway?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whoooaa. Tragic but really really not needed. Sorry to be harsh.
Was just about to post this 😧 I wouldn't even want to look at FB if that had happened to me, let alone try to reach out to strangers for sympathy!

Reactions: 11
Was just about to post this 😧 I wouldn't even want to look at FB if that had happened to me, let alone try to reach out to strangers for sympathy!
I think some of them aren't actually even on the beg - they see others do this when something awful happens and (possibly subconciously) repeat the behaviour in a crisis; post in the group so that the "lovely, friendly, kind" freaks can respond - the support and feeling 'part of something' is probably a big factor. But whilst I do obviously sympathise with these people (the genuine ones, at least), my problem is the fact that I didn't join this group to read about other peoples' woes, I joined it to read about skincare. And every other bleeping post at the moment is either someone pouring their heart out (and asking for advice on crying eyes - why are they all asking this?! cold flannel and sleep is the only thing that is going to bring down puffiness from crying. even princess may lindstrom doesn't have a product for that) or some smutty stupid attention seeking bollocks.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I think some of them aren't actually even on the beg - they see others do this when something awful happens and (possibly subconciously) repeat the behaviour in a crisis; post in the group so that the "lovely, friendly, kind" freaks can respond - the support and feeling 'part of something' is probably a big factor. But whilst I do obviously sympathise with these people (the genuine ones, at least), my problem is the fact that I didn't join this group to read about other peoples' woes, I joined it to read about skincare. And every other bleeping post at the moment is either someone pouring their heart out (and asking for advice on crying eyes - why are they all asking this?! cold flannel and sleep is the only thing that is going to bring down puffiness from crying. even princess may lindstrom doesn't have a product for that) or some smutty stupid attention seeking bollocks.
Yeah, it seems like the only way they know how to get support which is really strange/sad 😬

Reactions: 4
I saw that post and the comments are now turned off automatically. No doubt that group has vulnerable people in it, but it’s not the place to pour your heart out to 100,000 group members.

her post could have literally been ‘my eyes are puffy due to a sad circumstance in my life, Is there anything that can help with my eyes’.

Reactions: 13
I saw that post and the comments are now turned off automatically. No doubt that group has vulnerable people in it, but it’s not the place to pour your heart out to 100,000 group members.

her post could have literally been ‘my eyes are puffy due to a sad circumstance in my life, Is there anything that can help with my eyes’.
Or all these people could literally search “puffy eyes” in the group and get the recommendations from the million other sad fishing posts.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just to be clear I’m not thinking of doing that lol but just wondering if there’s any risk mitigation beyond ‘don’t be a dick, remember’
The whole group is Dick Central. The Secret Santa is going to be a car crash.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The whole group is Dick Central. The Secret Santa is going to be a car crash.
I can't wait. I sorted our work one this week and I would be surprised if that is drama free with 6 people in the team, let alone all those nutjobs.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.