Caroline Foran #3 stop using your child for content

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will never in a million years understand how she justifies allowing strangers to read about her son's private medical appointments. Having a substack does not mean your protecting your child, you're still publishing his personal information to strangers! It's abuse, and I'll never see it any other way.

Reactions: 17
If she was just putting it on IG I would somewhat understand....I don't agree with it, but she could push the narrative as others do of "by sharing if it helps just one person" (insert eye roll!) & in years to come she could somehow justify to caelan it was what everyone was doing at the time. I don't agree with it but you could draw a comparison between Caroline & other influencers selling their privacy online on IG. But selling your son's privacy for a subscription serviced article is going to be a difficult one to justify.

Reactions: 10
I said it on here months ago. What will she do if the assessment comes back and says eh no your kid is fine 🤣
Funny how all of a sudden in last week he’s turned all these “ corners ”🥴
She’s so full of tit this one.

Reactions: 18
She has more time in a week doing her hair and make up than I get in a year with my kids around!

Reactions: 18
She was off getting herself dolled up again. This lass has so much me time. I hate to say it, but her hair looks nice

Reactions: 5
She was off getting herself dolled up again. This lass has so much me time. I hate to say it, but her hair looks nice
Show yourself out ! 🤣🤣🤣. Only messing . It does look nice and she is a very pretty girl. Can’t say the same about her personality based on what she shows online .

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think Caroline is the epitome of ‘a little knowledge is a dangerous thing’. She has styled herself as an anxiety expert and consumes tonnes of anxiety-related content, but doesn’t have the education or professional training to actually apply this knowledge. So when it comes time to parent her little boy, she just sees possible ‘anxiety’ and ‘triggers’ everywhere and is so afraid of ‘traumatising’ him that she indulges his every whim. She doesn’t seem to see the harm she’s doing by being so permissive, or understand that not every negative emotion a toddler has is something to be avoided at all costs.

The way she speaks about C ‘just needing to control what he can’ (like insisting she can’t change out of her pyjamas), the logical response there is to teach him he cannot control those things. It’s hard (I have a toddler too), but just requires some consistency and riding out the meltdowns to teach them how the world works. She has applied her very loose understanding of anxiety to all of these (very normal) toddler behaviours and has ended up in a mess of her own making. I do feel for her in some ways because she means well, but this is why you can’t become an accredited psychologist via Instagram 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I get a toddler wanting to control things and I allow mine to do so to a certain extent, like if they want a different colour plate at dinner they can choose one, but I wouldn’t go making another dinner because they don’t like what was on offer. But his need for control seems really really extreme, like if my toddler said I couldn’t get out of my pjs I’d laugh and get on with it and they wouldn’t have a tantrum about it. Is it because he is allowed control everything he feels like he actually has no control so then looking for other tiny little things to control?

Reactions: 7
Caroline, no one, not even Caelan, gives a duck about your crappy drawings. She's like a toddler herself looking for praise. Well done Caroline you drew a recognisable character, now we don't need to see it over and over and over.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Anxiety and sensory processing difficulties is a really intriguing outcome of the assessment. Especially for a 3 year old.

As someone who works in the field these children typically come back around again and get the autism diagnosis. I imagine it hasn't been ruled out fully but he hasn't had alot of exposure to social situations like preschool to get a full picture. I also wonder if some courses have been recommended for parents too. As the recommendation for supporting kids with anxiety is parent intervention.

As a previous poster mentioned I think Caroline thinks she is a defacto psychologist with all her knowledge. But sometimes knowing too much it's hard to see the wood from the trees.

Reactions: 12
Anxiety and sensory processing difficulties is a really intriguing outcome of the assessment. Especially for a 3 year old.

As someone who works in the field these children typically come back around again and get the autism diagnosis. I imagine it hasn't been ruled out fully but he hasn't had alot of exposure to social situations like preschool to get a full picture. I also wonder if some courses have been recommended for parents too. As the recommendation for supporting kids with anxiety is parent intervention.

As a previous poster mentioned I think Caroline thinks she is a defacto psychologist with all her knowledge. But sometimes knowing too much it's hard to see the wood from the trees.
I wondered about this too. There's no way (IMO) after 1 or 2 meetings ASD is ruled out. From what she described...my socks would be on the floor if he didn't fall on the spectrum in some way.

Reactions: 4
Sensory processing disorder is pretty much on the spectrum- they say it’s seperate but hmmmmmm. Pretty much all people with ASD have this sensory issues and pretty much all people with Sensory processing issues have adhd, asd global development delay, fetal alcohol syndrome or a developmental or social issue . Caroline just doesn’t like the autistic label…. She held that boy back so he’s probably a good year behind socially , if he was in nursery he would mimic the other kids even to some extent & they would be making progress . Also alot of these issues reemerge in junior infants. My friends kid was told by the nursery teacher he’s ok and just a bit quirky, and went to school and after 6 weeks was flagged as potentially autistic and got an assessment is mildly on the spectrum. Either she’s a liar and exaggerating his problems otherwise it won’t be the last she hears of ASD. Either way she’s a tit dangerous parent . She has one thing going for her and that’s her looks ( i do think she’s very very pretty and well put together ) but it’s such a turn off that she stares at her self and pouts non stop. At home drawing pictures when he should be running around with his peers learning how to live in society. she really is doing him such a disservice

Reactions: 13

Yes I thought the outcome was surprising and that the assessment didn’t seem throughout. Totally agree with the possibility of a diagnosis down the line

Reactions: 4
Yes I thought the outcome was surprising and that the assessment didn’t seem throughout. Totally agree with the possibility of a diagnosis down the line
Yeah the assessment should capture a child in different contexts so typically a school /preschool observation is done but couldn't be in this case as C not in preschool.

Some children would meet the criteria easily and an observation wouldn't be necessary but for the likes of C where it is a more subtle presentation (in way) an observation is helpful. Just to capture them in their natural environment with similar aged peers, it can tell you alot more than the play assessment in a strange environment with strange adults.

Reactions: 5
But all the assumptions that the assessment wasn’t thorough and that perhaps the boy still has some difficulties are based solely on the profile Caroline portrays of the kid?? watch this space the story is already changing

Reactions: 6
But what will she actually post about when she can't post crying selfies because he has stayed up until 9pm eating her Chinese and drinking her cocktails and when he ruins Christmas because he has tried to decide the order In which all adults open their presents. Or what will she do all day when he is at preschool and she is sitting at home drawing Bluey and Disney characters and he's not there. What will be the narrative then. She must be shitting it, thinking about him coming out into society and leaving her, especially as I feel she literally has no friends and so uses him as her little adult partner and also because God forbid she may have to go and GET A REAL JOB!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Someone already called it here she's lining up her narrative for "child with anxiety" podcast or book. I cannot ethically comprehend monetising on your child!

Reactions: 16
Would love to see the likes of Ellen Coyne write a piece about influencers and their capitalisation on their child's medical conditions or assessments and how their basic privacy is being ignored because of shelfish parenting! We need to start seeing more vocal positive influence and stand up for the rights of children because it's only going to end badly! Parents need to be held accountable! It really upsets me tbh.

Caroline Foran is the epitomy of a shelfish parent. She only cares about what she can get out of every situation/how it will impact her. When you become a parent you need to be happy with the fact that you are no longer the priority. For so long her family and drip of a husband have facilitated her needs. Now that she has a child she can't bare the thought that the light is off her!

Reactions: 9
1000040377.jpg
didn't she once say that C doesn't watch tv/movies like other kids, only wants to watch aeroplanes land and other YouTube nonsense and yet now all of a sudden he knows who pocahontas is! Seriously my kids bloody love Disney movies and I haven'teven shown them this. For a highly sensitive child one would think the muskets and fighting amd fire scenes at the start would terrify him. #makeitmakesenseCaroline

Reactions: 7