Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Came across her insta post from a year ago. The caption đŸ˜©

Yeah I read she’d struggled with depression since when her and Ollie presented X factor and they got such bad press. Doesn’t sound like she ever really got better

Reactions: 1
Domestic abuse is not just physical. It has a pattern and cycles. It starts off slowly and escalates, it usually starts with things like jealousy, paranoia, being controlling and verbal abuse. These things then escalate to physical abuse. The physical abuse can be an attack on the person
or it can be breaking furniture and throwing things. ‘I didn’t mean to throw that at his head’ would not be a defence. In law even the reasonable knowledge that you are causing that person fear by your violent behaviour is enough for an assault charge. The 999 call of him telling operator he is in fear of his life is the strong evidence there!
The continued violence at the police station and the insults heard on the 999 calls are evidence of a violent assault, both verbal and physical, from start to finish. It is also common for female abusers to attack men whilst sleeping so the element of surprise makes up for the size difference, if you think about it, that is very controlling and shows intent.

Personally I see a pattern of abuse in her life through the years. Explosive arguments with ex’s, arguments with the neighbour that went on record. Quickly getting engaged but suspecting various boyfriends of cheating and then dropping them, or fighting with them the next week. Accusing her ex of phoning an ambulance out of spite. She even got her ‘camp’ to say she did imply she would kill herself ‘but she didn’t mean it’. They said how he felt ashamed for ‘wasting police time’. Seems like smearing and gaslighting the other person and getting others to do the dirty work for you. All hallmarks of a very controlling person. She was also happy to use the press to smear her ex and in effect 'bully' him.
As others have said on this thread, they suspect Borderline p.d. to me it seems to fit with what we know, even her last instagram statement and suicide. BPD people generally have chaotic relationships, they self medicate and moods can flip throughout the day. She apparently convinced ambulance services she was fine when her ex called them then again in the week up to her death and then tragically again when her friend left her the morning of her death. So maybe the quick suicide was caused by a flip in her mood when being left alone.
She said she had been having a breakdown for years, it is more likely she had a mood disorder or personality disorder, as this would be through your adult life. I know I can’t diagnose but I suspect.

The need to absolve her by certain people has baffled me. She was a very troubled person and I can understand her family will be devastated but
she was responsible for getting herself help. There is so much focus on her being ‘bullied’ by the media but domestic abuse is an awful, long term form of bullying which causes the victims extreme mental stress too. There was not one apology to her victim in that statement.

Kerry Katona’s ex was charged with assaulting her, why is there this difference in attitude? He had mental health issues too, he had become mentally unwell after taking drugs but no-one has said he was ‘vulnerable’ or should have been let off anything. Maybe because people have a perception of Caroline Flack from seeing her on TV as nice, attractive or whatever. The Sun didn’t help by running headlines about the height difference between her and her boyfriend, I even wonder if her people had encouraged that story. I don’t doubt she had mental health problems but so do many people who kill wives, children and husbands. It is not an excuse for your choices unless someone is actually psychotic and has lost touch with all reality. It needs to be prosecuted because something needs to stop the cycle of abuse before it gets worse.

Sorry for the lengthy rant but as others have said here, I am strangely obsessed now with the topsy-turvy attitude to Flack where she is virtually given a sainthood and her actions and patterns of behaviour ignored. It is really worrying in terms of awareness of domestic abuse.
best post on this whole thread.

Reactions: 40
According to the Daily Record? Will we ever learn? She was taken to hospital from the flat and not questioned for 12 hours. The "table flip" was at the flat.

Where did this information come from? Assuming you have a source more reliable than the press reports.
My 6 year old could write a report that’s more reliable than the press reports. Would you like me to get her to rustle something up?

Reactions: 3
My 6 year old could write a report that’s more reliable than the press reports. Would you like me to get her to rustle something up?
So this is me in the quote tweet, but I'm not sure why I would want a report from a 6 year old. I was asking the poster where they got their facts that they were using to dispute someone else who had quoted the press.

• Haha
Domestic abuse is not just physical. It has a pattern and cycles. It starts off slowly and escalates, it usually starts with things like jealousy, paranoia, being controlling and verbal abuse. These things then escalate to physical abuse. The physical abuse can be an attack on the person
or it can be breaking furniture and throwing things. ‘I didn’t mean to throw that at his head’ would not be a defence. In law even the reasonable knowledge that you are causing that person fear by your violent behaviour is enough for an assault charge. The 999 call of him telling operator he is in fear of his life is the strong evidence there!
The continued violence at the police station and the insults heard on the 999 calls are evidence of a violent assault, both verbal and physical, from start to finish. It is also common for female abusers to attack men whilst sleeping so the element of surprise makes up for the size difference, if you think about it, that is very controlling and shows intent.

Personally I see a pattern of abuse in her life through the years. Explosive arguments with ex’s, arguments with the neighbour that went on record. Quickly getting engaged but suspecting various boyfriends of cheating and then dropping them, or fighting with them the next week. Accusing her ex of phoning an ambulance out of spite. She even got her ‘camp’ to say she did imply she would kill herself ‘but she didn’t mean it’. They said how he felt ashamed for ‘wasting police time’. Seems like smearing and gaslighting the other person and getting others to do the dirty work for you. All hallmarks of a very controlling person. She was also happy to use the press to smear her ex and in effect 'bully' him.
As others have said on this thread, they suspect Borderline p.d. to me it seems to fit with what we know, even her last instagram statement and suicide. BPD people generally have chaotic relationships, they self medicate and moods can flip throughout the day. She apparently convinced ambulance services she was fine when her ex called them then again in the week up to her death and then tragically again when her friend left her the morning of her death. So maybe the quick suicide was caused by a flip in her mood when being left alone.
She said she had been having a breakdown for years, it is more likely she had a mood disorder or personality disorder, as this would be through your adult life. I know I can’t diagnose but I suspect.

The need to absolve her by certain people has baffled me. She was a very troubled person and I can understand her family will be devastated but
she was responsible for getting herself help. There is so much focus on her being ‘bullied’ by the media but domestic abuse is an awful, long term form of bullying which causes the victims extreme mental stress too. There was not one apology to her victim in that statement.

Kerry Katona’s ex was charged with assaulting her, why is there this difference in attitude? He had mental health issues too, he had become mentally unwell after taking drugs but no-one has said he was ‘vulnerable’ or should have been let off anything. Maybe because people have a perception of Caroline Flack from seeing her on TV as nice, attractive or whatever. The Sun didn’t help by running headlines about the height difference between her and her boyfriend, I even wonder if her people had encouraged that story. I don’t doubt she had mental health problems but so do many people who kill wives, children and husbands. It is not an excuse for your choices unless someone is actually psychotic and has lost touch with all reality. It needs to be prosecuted because something needs to stop the cycle of abuse before it gets worse.

Sorry for the lengthy rant but as others have said here, I am strangely obsessed now with the topsy-turvy attitude to Flack where she is virtually given a sainthood and her actions and patterns of behaviour ignored. It is really worrying in terms of awareness of domestic abuse.
Perfectly said 👏👏

Reactions: 11
It happens so rarely, I was confused!
the press have reported so many different things, contradicting each other, and themselves at times. It’s all become so twisted and vicious.

truth is that noone except those that were there that night know what happened.

Reactions: 5
It had been said that Caroline was a peodophile. I think she was a BEARD to Harry. I think this was set up. For sure her mental health suffered. Being older. I think Caroline and Nick Grimshaw were close, she was allowing "their" relationship happen. Harry has since been out with famous beard Taylor Swift. I feel very sorry for her. She wanted to please. But wanted someone to love her so much.

Reactions: 2
Apparently those of us that don't believe what we read are the naive ones đŸ€Ł
You have a lot of anger for someone who isnt personally involved. Are you secretly one of her “friends “ that was so concerned about her
A quick google of “Ms Weiss, flack, prosecution” will bring a myriad of results which all quote Ms Weiss’ monologue from the December hearing. The BBC, The Telegraph, all have the same level of detail; not just the rags. Gabriella Swerling from The Telegraph was in court that day and has a long history of covering legal issues, she also documented the same level of detail.

Do you think these papers would publish blatant lies? If you think that then fair enough, there are none as blind as those who refuse to see.

some amount of naivety on here.
whistledown doesn’t want to know the truth. Just to tell us WE don’t know the truth. Also, if papers had printed lies, cf and the family could sue them. Which also hasn’t happened.

Yes. If you could. We would all like to read your version of the events.

4B2B38CC-9FB2-4E5C-B0E7-5685049EC08E.png
It’s sad because in this picture, yes it looks like she’s laughing, but if you zoom in on her face and her eyes, you can see she’s in pain and almost like she’s screaming help :cry:

• Haha
People say in hindsight that people with depression are hiding a sadness in their eyes but sometimes people who have been low come alive in front of the camera, and it’s like a drug that takes away that emptiness they feel when they’re alone. Maybe the happiness when she’s smiling in pictures is genuine but the sadness in the privacy of their own home, no one gets to see.

Reactions: 8
When someone has just self harmed in the way Caroline had, and had drunk as much as she had, it's probably a fair assumption she wasn't in her right mind.

The original statement was actually "while he was in bed". The fast asleep thing is a figment of the press / gossips imaginations.
According to the Daily Mirror the police recording call from him states he said he has just been woken up and someone has tried to kill him.

I’m wondering if the legislation around sectioning needs looking at. Caroline had tried to commit suicide the night before, the ambulance attended and couldn’t force her to seek help as she refused it.
No matter how much you play it off as you being okay, if you’ve attempted to OD and had to have an ambulance called for you, surely there should be some form of psychiatric intervention?? How was she not fitting the criteria for being a danger to herself and others??

Reactions: 9
View attachment 86239It’s sad because in this picture, yes it looks like she’s laughing, but if you zoom in on her face and her eyes, you can see she’s in pain and almost like she’s screaming help :cry:
oh stop she’s clearly laughing. Why are people dissecting old pictures and old tweets looking for “clues”. Baffling carry on.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
As has previously been stated, this is a complicated situation with no clear answer.
Proved or not, there appears to be evidence that she lashed out that evening in December, intentional or not we’ll never know (and it doesn’t matter).
the CPS believe they had enough evidence for a case, despite objections from LB. I’m glad CPS did this as I feel it sets an example for genuine abuse cases (not to say CF wasn’t genuine with the accident claim)

I feel awful that she felt this was the only option. However, she had just been made aware that the trial was going ahead, and hence all the bodycam footage etc would be made public. She had already been demonised by the media, I can’t imagine facing that with “added proof” for the scenario.

at the end of the day, we only have the police interview and 999 phone call as evidence. No one else was there. I am sorry that she felt this was a tunnel with no light at the end, and also for her family and friends who felt helpless In such a situation.
I just hope that her father is able to find peace after finding his poor girl in that state, and the same for her twin sister who had to identify her

Reactions: 7
You have a lot of anger for someone who isnt personally involved. Are you secretly one of her “friends “ that was so concerned about her

whistledown doesn’t want to know the truth. Just to tell us WE don’t know the truth. Also, if papers had printed lies, cf and the family could sue them. Which also hasn’t happened.

Yes. If you could. We would all like to read your version of the events.
I don’t have a version....... I wasn’t there. I’m not stupid enough to believe all the tit printed in the rags and throw my twisted, emotionally charged opinions around as facts tho

Newspapers lie. They twist the truth to suit which ever side they’re on that day and what’s going to sell more papers. It’s a very well known fact

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What did Lewis Burton mean by, ‘I will be your voice baby I promise I will ask all the questions you wanted and I will get all the answers.’
?

I’m amazed at some of the replies on here

you think sectioning needs looking at? You think you can section everyone who tries to kill themselves? I’m a nurse, we have people in Every night who have tried to harm or kill them selves.. some of these people try to attempt suicide on a regular bases. As long as someone has mental capacity, we stitch them back up and send them on their way again.

it’s impossible to section everyone who harms themselves or attempts suicide. There is NOT enough staff or bed spaces. Not only that but it’s illegal. You can’t just section someone. You can try and kill yourself whilst having full capacity. There is a reason why so many legislations are in place surrounding the MCA and sectioning. Where does it begin? Does my patient last night who self neglected need to be sectioned? Does the alcoholic who drinks 3 bottles of wine each night need to be sectioned because technically speaking he’s killing them self just in a very slow way.

you can’t just magic up thousands of extra staff, hospitals and bed spaces to look after all these newly sectioned patients. I mean this kindly but for those who have never worked in nursing etc you really do not understand the half of it.
The majority of patients who self harm/attempt suicide DO NOT need sectioning. You’ve got human rights to thank for that.

Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.