Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doesn't anyone think it's weird that they haven't mentioned how she ended her life? Is anyone getting weird sex vibes that went wrong and this is a cover up saying suicide without saying how she took her life stalling for time to think of how best to come up with a story?
No, not at all.

The method is only generally revealed at the inquest.

I actually applaud her family for confirming immediately that she took her own life to stop that speculation.

Reactions: 35
Doesn't anyone think it's weird that they haven't mentioned how she ended her life? Is anyone getting weird sex vibes that went wrong and this is a cover up saying suicide without saying how she took her life stalling for time to think of how best to come up with a story?

Normally by now like with Anna Nicole and Michael Jackson the way someone passed would be mentioned like the other Love Island people who took their lives.
Wow this is utterly ridiculous and the perfect example of needless sensationalism, like your watching a Netflix show not the public aftermath of a very recent tragedy.

You clearly haven’t paid close attention to how suicides are reported, - at least in the UK, so MJ and Anna Nicole Smith are irrelevant comparisons. It’s always like this - sometimes you won’t even get official confirmation of suicide, just “no suspicious circumstances” , until after the inquest. It would have been the same with the other love island suicides, you are either remembering it wrong or the suicide method got out unofficially.

Reactions: 45
Is it sad that she died .. Yes 100%. Any lose of life is something no one should take lightly. But what I’m seeing now are people using her death as a standing ground to promote further privilege for the most wealthy in this country.

Caroline’s problems where her own, no one person or media outlet is responsible for her death - personal accountability needs to be factored into this. She made the choice to take her own life and that needs to be accepted. But celebrities are staring change.org petitions to inforce laws that will seek better protection for them. If you decide to live your life in the public eye the. You honestly need to deal with widespread criticism that comes with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t know, I wasn’t there.

There are a lot of ‘why’ questions about the whole thing that none of us know the answers to. That’s my point.
It’s my understanding that she flipped the table in her flat. It’s on the footage that she didn’t want released.

Reactions: 1
Now Katona's getting in on the act when it would appear that the extent of their friendship was the exchange of a few messages on Instagram 🙄

I'm not going to click on that link but if she broke down when talking about a similar aged woman committing suicide after being vilified in the media, I think that's understandable.
A lot of people who've never had anything to do with her have been affected by this. Sometimes things just strike a nerve.
Perhaps Katona has come close to rock bottom herself and is shaken because of that.

Reactions: 9
Police can’t 136 in a private dwelling sadly.
Ahhh of course yes, forgot that with it being private. I guess it’d be a 135 then. Again even more reason for it not to happen if she said/did all the right things.

How do you know she hanged herself?
I can’t stop thinking about how her friend and family must feel. If she tried to commit suicide the night before (was that the reason the emergency services were called out?) i don’t think I would feel she was ok to be left at all. I am in no way blaming her poor friend, i just think she must have been bloody convincing.

is the most likely situation that she did self harm in Dec after finding something on his phone?
just all so tragic!
It’s easy for us to make those statements as people that didn’t know her though. This may well have been her character or personality, extreme lows and then highs? She’s obviously been very troubled for a while and working in the industry that she did I expect she got quite used to feeling rock bottom and then putting on that front to get her through the day at work, who’s to say she didn’t do that with her her? Especially if her friend trusted her and she’s saying all the right things. There is also a lot of evidence that people are in what seems a much “better” state of mind before taking their own life because of that sense of weight being lifted on the decision they have made and often people will look back at those bad times and think “I can’t go back to that” almost as though it’s a rational decision. Thinking about that picture we’ve seen of her in the red pyjamas, you wouldn’t think she’d attempted to harm herself that day would you? Casually putting the TV on with the candles lit? The mind works in very strange ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

Normally by now like with Anna Nicole and Michael Jackson the way someone passed would be mentioned like the other Love Island people who took their lives.
Wow. Her family has confirmed it was suicide, why is this not enough? To come out and say that must have been incredibly hard for them to do, which they did to stop nasty rumours like this evolving in the press.
In regards to Mike and Sophie, Mike’s cause of death was leaked early due to the nature of where he took his life, and Sophie’s, despite intense rumours and speculation was not determined until her inquest was complete.
It is a sad time when anyone feels like the only way to stop their suffering is to end their life and it is bought to our attention more when it is a celebrity or someone in the public eye. Caroline was clearly fighting her demons for some time and the media and general public did nothing to help during recent months. It’s a tragic loss in which someone took their life, please can we just leave it as that and if you don’t feel like respecting her death, then please avoid this thread.

Reactions: 12
The prosecutor is quoted as saying it in court (although she does only appear to say ‘in custody’ and people think that means a custody suite which is fair assumption tbh). She also said this:
“But Katie Weiss, prosecuting, replied: 'Mr Burton is a victim, he received significant injury to his head.'”
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nd-Lewis-Burton-arrives-court-appearance.html

Whereas the police statement contradicts her:
“A police spokesperson confirmed the news, sharing a statement with Metro.co.uk: ‘Caroline Flack of Islington was charged on Friday, 13 December with assault by beating.

‘She will appear on bail at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Monday, 23 December. This follows an incident at approximately 05:25hrs on Thursday, 12 December after reports of a man assaulted. He was not seriously injured.’”

So who knows what actually happened with the table or how serious the head injury was? This is why we’ll never get the true story by reading the papers.
A significant injury doesn't have to be "serious". A very large, superficial wound would be significant but may not be classed as serious if it doesn't impact on wellbeing.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 2

What on earth made you come up with that conclusion 😳 (sex vibes)
Maybe the family what to try get their heads round what’s happened before feeding the public as they said in their statement to respect their privacy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
They drug tested her that night and it was negative
Where did it say that? I read she needed 12
Hours before they could interview her.

Steve Allen on LBC saying the media thing is 2 way. There are loads of famous people who live low key lives “put on a cap, dark glasses and a big coat and get on with your life” and the ones who are constantly in the papers are the ones who are courting exposure - doing pap walks etc. He cited Rita Ora as an example of one who is photographed very often because she wants the publicity. He was saying that CF used the same tactics - that the press attention wasn’t to do with her presenting gigs, it was all about the man she was seeing, holidays, nights out, shopping etc. If she had wanted a quiet life alongside her media jobs she could’ve had it, but she obviously didn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

What bleeping planet are you on at all?
Get a life and get off a thread trying to stir things up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
ITV news also had a quick sound bite from that ‘friend’ who started the petition - Steph whatever it is .... ? I know she isn’t popular around here, I have no idea who she but something that stood out to me was she said (paraphrased) “she was going through hell, I know because...” at which point I thought sne was going to say “because she confided in me”, what with them being such close friends and all, but what she said was “because I’ve been through the same” which just sounded like the same shallow drivel as anyone on Instagram and like she hadn’t been in contact with her at at alla. Seriously, who is she?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
A significant injury doesn't have to be "serious". A very large, superficial wound would be significant but may not be classed as serious if it doesn't impact on wellbeing.
Maybe you’re right but as far as what her boyfriend would be prepared to tell a Court, he didn’t consider himself seriously injured.

“Mr Morris continued: 'He would not suggest that the injuries are significant in the way the prosecution submit.'”

• Angry
Reactions: 1
I'm not going to click on that link but if she broke down when talking about a similar aged woman committing suicide after being vilified in the media, I think that's understandable.
A lot of people who've never had anything to do with her have been affected by this. Sometimes things just strike a nerve.
Perhaps Katona has come close to rock bottom herself and is shaken because of that.
I agree. I was watching the Kerry interview live yesterday and I thought she handled it really well. Her upset was obviously down to both Caroline dying and likening it to her own experiences (which I personally don’t think there’s anything wrong with). I’m not a lover or loather of celebs in general but I think Kerry has had a troubled life herself, and the messages she sent to CF were supportive.
When she talked about her own feelings of suicide and how she’s been treat by certain people my heart went out to her.

Maybe you’re right but as far as what her boyfriend would be prepared to tell a Court, he didn’t consider himself seriously injured.

“Mr Morris continued: 'He would not suggest that the injuries are significant in the way the prosecution submit.'”
The victim was obviously hopeful to downplay the injury, as he wasn't seeking the prosecution and so would've been more interested in helping the defence team.
I think the camera footage from the police, and statements from attending medics would've been used to back up the prosecutor's comments, but obviously it was their job to present her as guilty.

• Heart
The victim was obviously hopeful to downplay the injury, as he wasn't seeking the prosecution and so would've been more interested in helping the defence team.
I think the camera footage from the police, and statements from attending medics would've been used to back up the prosecutor's comments, but obviously it was their job to present her as guilty.
That’s one way to look at it for sure. The problem is you’re saying ‘I think’ again; you don’t know (I’m assuming). Yes, he might be trying to downplay it for the Court case, or maybe he’s just telling the truth and the prosecution are over-stating it?

• Angry
That’s one way to look at it for sure. The problem is you’re saying ‘I think’ again; you don’t know (I’m assuming). Yes, he might be trying to downplay it for the Court case, or maybe he’s just telling the truth and the prosecution are over-stating it?
I say "I think" because the court case will never be heard so it is not something we can ever know. It is almost guaranteed that the footage and witness statements would have been used by the prosecution, and sounds like it would have been quite effective.
What we do know for sure is that the victim did not want her prosecuted, he has stated this publicly.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes, the pink door house in the one in Islington when the 'incident' with Lewis happened.

It seems the house was put on the market in September. But then there is conflicting information. Someone on here said it was sold (there is definitely a sold sign on one of the photos I've seen) but Mail Online are saying she took it off the market to rent out when she lost the LI gig which would indicate it hadn't sold and she was still living there.

So I don't know. But what does seem clear now is that she was living in a rental in Stoke Newington when she died.

View attachment 85503
I believe the other flat was sold. There were 2 flats in the same building.

I agree. I was watching the Kerry interview live yesterday and I thought she handled it really well. Her upset was obviously down to both Caroline dying and likening it to her own experiences (which I personally don’t think there’s anything wrong with). I’m not a lover or loather of celebs in general but I think Kerry has had a troubled life herself, and the messages she sent to CF were supportive.
When she talked about her own feelings of suicide and how she’s been treat by certain people my heart went out to her.
I think the main thing for Kerry is the similarity in what the fathers for justice had done to them both and that CF had messaged KK asking advice on how to handle it. KK knew it had bothered CF and in the past KK must’ve had the same feeling about it.
He had basically said she gave those drugs to her ex and stopped him seeing that child which wasn’t true as she had a duty of care to protect her daughter from someone who had some serious issues going on.
Im not portraying to be KK number one fan (I don’t dislike her), I can just understand why she feels so strongly about something that has directly affected her and now someone else who was affected in a similar way is dead!

The Stephanie thing I can’t get on board with. I don’t know why I can’t and I know she has had her struggles too but there’s just something about it niggling at me. The release of the single. Maybe she thinks she’s helping by donating money in her memory? I don’t know. It just doesn’t sit right.
maybe my people with there own motives radar is high 😂 who knows. Difficult these days to truly know who’s genuine and who isn’t.
I hope she is and if something positive comes from it then that can only be a good thing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.