Carly Burd Salty Allotment #3 a pinch of salt for free

Where do you think the money is being kept safe?

• resting in my account FOR FREE

Votes: 58 51.3%
  • Buried in the allotment

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • "Whiskers" are holding on to it

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • With Companies House

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How dare you ask about the money

Votes: 53 46.9%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title by @TheDragonWithAFlagon, nominated by @HotesTilaire, modified slightly by me. Congratulations, you both win a bag of out of date salad that's been left out on someone's drive in the rain.

Well, this has been A Ride.

The ninnies got gradually more and more horrified by Carly's genuinely shocking attitude to things like GDPR, food safety, being organised so people know what they're getting and when they're getting it, not cancelling food drops that people are relying on because you've got a hospital appointment, and charity regulations, just minor little niggly things, really, nothing major or potentially bordering on the criminal, honest.

Complaints were made to official bodies. Carly suddenly started adding captions to previously published photographs to disguise the fact that she'd been putting food intended for animals out for human consumption. Much play was made of her doing all this FOR FREE.

Then the local paper published an article which was basically asking A Series of Pointed Questions, to which Carly's response to the paper was "I can't comment, it's all in the hands of my lawyers." Err, "no comment" only really applies to criminal matters, love. All hell broke loose, in the comments of the article, in the paper's Facebook page, and in Carly's own Facebook page, where people disclosed that they had been told they'd be getting a parcel but nothing arrived, people were accused of gross ingratitude, told they should sell gig tickets they were given as presents before asking for a food parcel, comments were made that made the ninnies think that Saint Carly has been locked out of the allotments by the council who are refusing to work with her any more, suspicions were raised that Carly's friends got much better food parcels than the common plebs did, further suspicions were raised that the ensaltening was all a bit convenient really and how come nobody left any finger or footprints? and the wheels fell off big time. I am waiting with baited breath for the publication of the Freedom of Information Request that a squig put in.

Carly was Very Angry that people were saying mean things about her slapdash organisation, her son might see it and be upset, how dare anyone say mean things when she's doing all this FOR FREE.

She's still the sole director of a limited company, the CIC paperwork is nowhere in sight, she's blaming "red tape", and nobody knows where £250,000, a quarter of a million pounds, generously donated by members of the public, actually is.

oooh, a poll!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Bravo for summarising ALL THAT! That was a rollercoaster. We went from dry bread and mouldy leaves to realising she has been locked out of the allotments by the council for months. And we now have a good outline of the feud with Colin whose project she basically copied and then banished him from her -by now imaginary- allotment to his much more successful -and existing- allotment on 11 September. She never answers questions about where the money is. Hasn't been talked about since May when she said it was safe. Oh, and we have a wiki FOR FREE.

Reactions: 19
Excellent recap witchy-S, and a honourable mention to yourself, Lily-k and the other screenshotting aces who captured the Carly chaos

Reactions: 11
Great recap but shouldn't it be FOR FREE as we know she likes to shout it. I never expected it to move as quick as it has this week.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She posted asking whether people needed help keeping warm, imagine their disappointment when some FREE hot water bottles turn up with their brown lettuce, if they’re lucky enough to be graced with a meal on her with love strings attached.

As for the money, if she had it in one of the lowest interest rate savings accounts wouldn’t she be looking at £1k before tax a month? Enough to provide energy vouchers instead of bummed hot water bottles.

2DF71F53-B05B-4770-9758-FD65B1A4C484.jpeg

Reactions: 15
I'm not sure which option in the poll to pick 🤔
I have a hunch Wayne's convinced her his savings account has a higher interest rate

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She posted asking whether people needed help keeping warm, imagine their disappointment when some FREE hot water bottles turn up with their brown lettuce, if they’re lucky enough to be graced with a meal on her with love strings attached.

As for the money, if she had it in one of the lowest interest rate savings accounts wouldn’t she be looking at £1k before tax a month? Enough to provide energy vouchers instead of bummed hot water bottles.

View attachment 2630062
Certainly enough to employ a part-time admin assistant to get this cockamamie organisation running smoothly without vulnerable and desperate people having to chase and beg for parcels.

Reactions: 13
Thanks for the new thread and excellent summary poll Witchy S!

Cockamamie is a word which should definitely be used more frequently.

Reactions: 7
I think the money really is currently resting in her account but she's had it pointed out by someone that the DWP would count that as her own money and stop any means-tested benefits. Which if you really don't intend to use that quarter of a million yourself would be a genuine problem. Most people would have solved that by moving it into a charity/business bank account months ago but Carlz is not exactly Mensa material at the best of times. The longer it stays in her account the dodgier it looks to everyone so I think she's just refusing to answer because she knows she could get into various sorts of trouble over this.

Reactions: 9
She should have asked Colin if his charity would hold the money until she sorted herself out. Except...

1702583756202.png

(He was giving gardening advice)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I used to feel bad for our Colin, but I genuinely don’t think he gives a shagging tit about Carlz or any of her thicko mates.
He’s such a badass, doesn’t hold the punches, if you’ve fucked up planting your purple sprouting he’ll tell you 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Wait, doesn't A Meal on ME ME ME with love have its own bank account? If not where does that money go? She's mentioned taking a bit "from the pot" which seemed to be PayPal but where did it go between the pot and being spent? Surely she's not been keeping all the funds in her own account since this all started? 😦

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Wait, doesn't A Meal on ME ME ME with love have its own bank account? If not where does that money go? She's mentioned taking a bit "from the pot" which seemed to be PayPal but where did it go between the pot and being spent? Surely she's not been keeping all the funds in her own account since this all started? 😦
As far as we can tell, the organisation doesn't have its own bank account. Carly claimed her driving licence was under review and so she couldn't use it as ID to open one, and she doesn't have a passport. Nobody knows where the money is, apart from Carly.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
As far as we can tell, the organisation doesn't have its own bank account. Carly claimed her driving licence was under review and so she couldn't use it as ID to open one, and she doesn't have a passport. Nobody knows where the money is, apart from Carly.
But that’s how she likes it. Just her, deciding where all that lovely donated cash goes.

Reactions: 12
Great summary @Witchfinder Sargeant! The more I read about this the worse it sounds. It surely can’t be long before it all goes tits up.
I would almost go so far as to say it’s teetering on the brink of going a bit wrong.
---
I used to feel bad for our Colin, but I genuinely don’t think he gives a shagging tit about Carlz or any of her thicko mates.
He’s such a badass, doesn’t hold the punches, if you’ve fucked up planting your purple sprouting he’ll tell you 😂
It’s like the Vegetable Terminator, I like him very much. No cabbage root fly would dare to start yomping on his radishes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.