Carly Burd and her salty allotment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I‘m still wondering where all that cash is. She said she needed her driving licence to set up a business bank account. But I guess as she waited so long to trigger the CIC process, she’s told herself and others there’s no point setting one up until she’s got the CIC established.

Some instant access savings accounts are paying 4% at the moment. That‘s £10k on £250k. If the cash from kind donors is ‘resting’ in her account, is it stealing if she keeps the interest? I’m guessing she thinks not.
Which ones?!

Reactions: 1
Which ones?!
You need to have current account with the banks but HSBC and first direct do as do Chase. Chase is super easy because you can set the current account up on you phone in minutes. There’s also no ceiling to the saving pot so if you happen to have a spare £250,000 lying around, you can earn a big whack of interest

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You need to have current account with the banks but HSBC and first direct do as do Chase. Chase is super easy because you can set the current account up on you phone in minutes. There’s also no ceiling to the saving pot so if you happen to have a spare £250,000 lying around, you can earn a big whack of interest
Yeah of course! And by of course I mean no, probably never in my life lol. Thank you!

Reactions: 4
I think the second, and I think the initial tiktok was her responding to it in a panic and upset. I don’t think she was at that point deliberately overstating it, I just don’t think she knows much about growing and she really thought it was all ruined forever etc along with everything seeming worse in the initial emotional response.

Then I think when it went viral she had a choice, she could either have owned up to her initial response and I’m absolutely sure most people would have understood, everyone has been there when something bad happens or she could do what she did and carry it all on because she’d seen £££ and that’s when it all becomes a lot more murky.
I also think the second, there are a lot of gardening and allotment influencers that are narcissistic, shady and some quite vulnerable themselves. I can think of at least two Gardening YouTubers who likely lie in order to garner sympathy and/or gifts from their subscribers, but I guess this is a tale old as the birth of social media. There are also several allotment influencers that let real life dramas or incidents on the plot get sensationalised for views and clicks. Sabotage happens, theft happens, people clash all the time. This is what is commonplace in allotments. Usually a site rep will deal with this. Calling police and all this other stuff is way way over the top. Usually this stuff never gets beyond local newspaper level.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
26 April, Carly’s fundraiser has made 1/4 million. Mid May, Wayne shows up and in mid June, he’s pretty much moved in. In mid July she remembers that he isn’t just some random bloke who had decided to help out but was instead her childhood boyfriend. In October they get engaged, 5 months after meeting.

I bet her 3 kids are THRILLED

2E673818-409F-4319-B531-A8E1F5FDFF10.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
<so Debbie, what first attracted you to the Millionaire Paul Daniels?> Mrs Merton gif

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Is seven months too long to set up a business bank account? Or has she used her personal bank account?

View attachment 2557693
She started the GoFundMe in September 2022. I’ve said before that I think the money has been ‘resting‘ in her personal account for a long time. She‘s used it to pay for things.

I absolutely believe she has been really keen to set up the business bank account but the CIC is still not in place and it’s been 9 months now.

Her need to control every single thing is going to be her downfall. She needs a professional to help her run the thing.

This is a tit system and it’s really unclear.
9CD0B04C-2205-43FC-AF84-112C789F17A8.jpeg

You have to live in Harlow and … ? Be getting UC or PIP or pension or just having a bit of a hard time? How does she prioritise?

If you’re providing a charity service, you can’t just take a week off when you’re not feeling great. Help needs to be steady and reliable.

Urgh. It’s such a mess.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
She started the GoFundMe in September 2022. I’ve said before that I think the money has been ‘resting‘ in her personal account for a long time. She‘s used it to pay for things.

I absolutely believe she has been really keen to set up the business bank account but the CIC is still not in place and it’s been 9 months now.

Her need to control every single thing is going to be her downfall. She needs a professional to help her run the thing.

This is a tit system and it’s really unclear.
View attachment 2557733
You have to live in Harlow and … ? Be getting UC or PIP or pension or just having a bit of a hard time? How does she prioritise?

If you’re providing a charity service, you can’t just take a week off when you’re not feeling great. Help needs to be steady and reliable.

Urgh. It’s such a mess.
That bit about not sending too many Facebook messages makes me so grateful that I don't rely on someone like this for food. Set up a proper system for fucks sake.

Reactions: 15
If you are really desperate I suppose you can grab some rain-soaked stale bread FOR FREE from her driveway.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.