Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WhatABore

VIP Member
I already took a curtesy car as mine need repair. The picture of the damage to my car looks obvious that it was the other drivers fault on the round about. Just at the scene no one took full liability and I really need a car for work. It’s not really the pay out of my injury I’m bothered about I’m more bothered over getting my car fixed to be honest and the fact I have to pay money for this hire car.
I’ve never had this happen or be involved in this before but it’s all giving me anxiety over getting it sorted.

She gave me all the details my insurance is sorting it all out I just didn’t realise they would be so pushy over getting claims over me getting whiplash and that anxious at the moment over all this
Does your insurer not include courtesy car?
I know most do but I guess there's some that don't

Snowjoke

VIP Member
Yes that’s correct, I’ve just had a financial losses form sent to me and I’m filling out but regarding my daughters car seat I got a new one as I was told I shouldn’t use a car seat that’s been in a crash but don’t have the receipt for the car seat, does anyone know what to do?
Yes thats correct. Not all insurance companies would cover car seats and if they do there is likely to be a limit on what amount they would cover for. I would definitely tell them about the car seat and say that you don’t have a receipt but provide evidence from online store or local retailer at what they are currently being sold for and they will review it. If you purchased the car seat online you might have an email receipt or invoice either?

Your insurance company have went down the MIBI route as the driver has not been identifiable. MIBI claims are solely for that purpose
Yes that’s correct, I’ve just had a financial losses form sent to me and I’m filling out but regarding my daughters car seat I got a new one as I was told I shouldn’t use a car seat that’s been in a crash but don’t have the receipt for the car seat, does anyone know what to do?

What's your point

VIP Member
It sounds to me like they're getting confused?
With them saying it won't change until renewal.

It sounds like they're thinking that you'll take a policy out with the Dad on it and her with her provisional. And then she'll pass her test mid way through policy and that'll be the only difference.
Because in that case, Dad would still be the main driver as on the original policy, as she wouldn't have a full licence.
That's the only way I can think of.
And then they're maybe thinking that when it renews you'll want her as the main driver. As I'm not sure you can change that mid policy anyway.

I don't know if that makes any sense. But that's the only way I can see that happening 🤔
That is what would be happening so maybe it's right and I am worrying over nothing.

Blondeangel2515

VIP Member
Me again! Sorry but I haven’t got a clue and I want some reassurance please.
Got in touch with the garage my insurance sorted to fix my car after not hearing anything for two weeks. The garage have said the insurance are saying it costs more to fix the car than the value of it so have not touched the car at all.
family reckon this means it’s gonna go 50/50 when it wasn’t my fault please say what the garaged said doesn't indicate that and there’s still a chance I will get my car back 😢

What's your point

VIP Member
I know I thought the same but twice I queried it with them by email and they confirmed the policy amount wouldn't change until renewal. And when I do two separate quotes on their website (one of her on provisional licence and one of her on full licence - both with dad on) the prices are exactly the same.

HoGi

VIP Member
Me again! Sorry but I haven’t got a clue and I want some reassurance please.
Got in touch with the garage my insurance sorted to fix my car after not hearing anything for two weeks. The garage have said the insurance are saying it costs more to fix the car than the value of it so have not touched the car at all.
family reckon this means it’s gonna go 50/50 when it wasn’t my fault please say what the garaged said doesn't indicate that and there’s still a chance I will get my car back 😢
50/50 would be that the liability for the accident was both you and the other driver or that fault couldn't be determined.

Knock for knock is an agreement that some insurance companies have in place as they are owned by the same parent company etc. And is totally different to 50/50

But 50/50 has nothing to do with the garage saying your car isn't economical to repair. Thay means your car is a low level write off. So you should be paid the value of the car from the other parties insurers rather than it being repaired.

What's your point

VIP Member
Hi looking at car insurance for my 17 year old daughter who is having lessons at the moment and I am so confused.

If I go on comparison websites and get quotes for her as a provisional driver with her dad also insured on the policy I get one price then when I do another comparison with her as a newly qualified driver still with her dad on the policy I get a much higher price (which is exactly what I expected).

However i have found a company (Flow) and when I do the two quotes again (one with daughter as a provisional licence and one as full licence - both with dad on also) both quotes are exactly the same. Which I thought was really odd.

I emailed the company and they said this is correct the proce would not increase until renewal and they would not up the premium mid policy when she passed her test.

This is of course great news however I am doubtful I have been given correct advice, I even emailed back and asked again and they confirmed again that price would not change until renewal.

Does anybody work in insurance that can maybe offer advice on this as I am worried we will get her a car (we are viewing one tommorow) and then get a nasty surprise when she passes her test.

Any advice would be great.

On all the quotes we have done I have put her as main driver and dad on as additional as don't want to get into trouble for front loading.

I can't ring flow they don't have a contact center and is an online only company (part of LV group).

Blondeangel2515

VIP Member
Does your insurer not include courtesy car?
I know most do but I guess there's some that don't
Yeah they do. They said I can have one while my car gets repaired however I had to pay £60 as part of insurance for it but they will try and give me it back through my claim as money lost due to the crash