Candice Brathwaite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really lives in her own world, on stories she just said “thousands if not millions are waiting for my book” . Next breath “if you haven’t already please pre order it”. Ffs
‘Thousands if not millions’? Deluded much? 🤔🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She really lives in her own world, on stories she just said “thousands if not millions are waiting for my book” . Next breath “if you haven’t already please pre order it”. Ffs
It's the dizzy heights of #67886 in the charts. At this time of year that's 3-5 copies sold/pre-ordered a day 😆

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 67,886 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#377 in Motherhood
#166 in Discrimination & Racism (Books)

About the Author
Candice Brathwaite is the hugely popular influencer and founder of Make Motherhood Diverse - an online initiative that aims to encourage a more accurately representative and diverse depiction of motherhood in the media. She has worked with brands such as Pampers, Ella's Kitchen and Specsavers, and has appeared on countless panels to discuss modern motherhood. Her writing has appeared in Stylist, the Metro and the Huffington Post. I Am Not Your Baby Mother is her first book.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why was she so derogatory about the midwives in yesterday’s stories?
I certainly wouldn’t want to watch someone bathing a newborn baby in a hospital sink! She thinks the midwives didn’t agree with it cause of the colour of her skin?
Wow. She’s quite deluded.

Reactions: 15
Why was she so derogatory about the midwives in yesterday’s stories?
I certainly wouldn’t want to watch someone bathing a newborn baby in a hospital sink! She thinks the midwives didn’t agree with it cause of the colour of her skin?
Wow. She’s quite deluded.
That is a massive health and safety breach in a hospital. Babies should be bathed in a baby bath in the nursery where there is a bench to set the baby on to dry it. That is probably why the midwives were horrified, I doubt it is anything to do with the baby being washed on the first day.

Reactions: 12
She is deluded. Comparing herself to a graceful swan !! I've emailed pampers and told them I won't be purchasing any of their products, products aimed at women when they are using someone who pimped out and sold vulnerable women.

Reactions: 18
I go on holiday for a week and come back and see nothing has changed!
Well apart from the fact that I didn’t miss any of the people on Instagram so I have deleted my account.

Reactions: 5
She is deluded. Comparing herself to a graceful swan !! I've emailed pampers and told them I won't be purchasing any of their products, products aimed at women when they are using someone who pimped out and sold vulnerable women.
I bet they won't drop her for fear of being called racist.

Reactions: 6
That is a massive health and safety breach in a hospital. Babies should be bathed in a baby bath in the nursery where there is a bench to set the baby on to dry it. That is probably why the midwives were horrified, I doubt it is anything to do with the baby being washed on the first day.
It’s got nothing to do with that. Babies don’t thermoregulate very well, bathing them too early can make it hard for them to get warm again, as well as dry out their skin removing the protection of the vernix they’re often born with.

Nothing to do with a ledge for drying or anything like that.

She’s done AD’s with pampers, google & ecover this week alone. Brands either don’t know or don’t care about her past 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
It’s got nothing to do with that. Babies don’t thermoregulate very well, bathing them too early can make it hard for them to get warm again, as well as dry out their skin removing the protection of the vernix they’re often born with.

Nothing to do with a ledge for drying or anything like that.

She’s done AD’s with pampers, google & ecover this week alone. Brands either don’t know or don’t care about her past 🤷‍♀️
Is this new policy? It's been quite a few years since I've had a baby and they were routinely washed on the day of birth. The midwife would ask if you wanted to use baby bath or not, I think it was becoming a new thing to only use water back then. They were very strict about bathing in the nursery too for reasons I stated before.

Reactions: 2
Is this new policy? It's been quite a few years since I've had a baby and they were routinely washed on the day of birth. The midwife would ask if you wanted to use baby bath or not, I think it was becoming a new thing to only use water back then. They were very strict about bathing in the nursery too for reasons I stated before.
I believe it’s a new policy, well with my nearly 4 year old seemed to be the time it changed for our trust. I was told not to bathe her and preserve the vernix,not to use any harsh/perfumed wash,even Johnson’s products that were in the Bounty pack I was given at the hospital. I had a baby a few months ago and seems each time there is new addition to policies with bathing/making formula/weaning...but it is obviously based on research and of benefit to the child so you adhere to it.

Reactions: 1
I think people just aren't contacting the brands, not like mrs meldrum and every brand she used turned into a complete tit show. Crazy as candice has done far worse than all the others but still gets to carry on business as usual.

Reactions: 5
I think it's fairly new, although I imagine the midwives having an issue with it was a combination of best for the baby and health and safety. I know almost everything varies from hospital to hospital but I wasn't allowed to take my baby out of the ward, even to go to the loo. I had to leave him in the cot to go to the bathroom or into the corridor to get food, so I can imagine they'd have a massive problem with using a hospital sink. They'd be liable if the baby was scalded or there was an accident.

Reactions: 2
She is lovely. No idea but it’s hard to imagine her pissing anyone off to the point that they would take her own project off her hands...

Let’s just say that Candice has some extremely interesting opinions of white (and mixed race) people (many would call some of the comments she has openly made in the past In conversations as racist themselves), and there is a side that she doesn’t show on social that is nothing less than manipulative, spiteful, bitter, jealous, selfish, steam-train-to-the-top-spot-IDGAFwhosinmyway-toxic attitude. perfect attributes for a pimp though - has anyone ever stopped to think what it takes within you to actually BE a pimp/madam? To watch women sell their bodies to vile old men? To encourage them To go in and suck old man dick with a smile on your face while you take the money they’ve ‘earnt’? AND THEN to much later make a tv show about it ? Still proudly smiling ?
mmmm. The person we’re seeing on social right now is NOT the full ticket.
ALSO I really love Michelle from Peanut and also Peanut ! I feel like she’s been ill informed. She thinks she’s collabbing with MMD but she’s not she’s collabbing with CB.
MMD will not ever be what it once was with only CB running it.
She has a HUGE chip on her shoulder, and should anyone criticise her or even display a difference of an opinion she argues and fights back guns blazing, it’s never open for normal adult dialogue.
She has ruffled a lot of feathers in her rise to 50k followers but so far no one wants to get involved in outing her for what she is because of the turn that social has taken rn and no one wants the hassle / are letting karma take care of it. Which let’s face it, it always does.
Why is she now running it alone? Wasn't toomuchmotheringinfo running it with her?

Reactions: 4
I was very surprised to read that, but her accounts of her background are often very conflicting so who knows. She used to do stories about how bad and unreliable her mum was so she wasn't letting her see the grandchildren. In the next breath she would say that after having her first child she had to move back in with her mum as she had no money and her mum was a great support. She grew up in her grandparents home without either parent and her dad left everything in his will to his wife, so I very much had the impression that neither parent was that involved in her upbringing from what she said early on. Recent posts about her dad make him sound very hands on though, so who knows.
In other words, she’s full of SH*T
I listened to her podcast with CH and the amount of times she trips herself up with blatant lies and guff, from one tale to the next is laughable. You could hear CH CRINGING at every word that came out of her mouth.

I wonder is she romanticizing her past with her father after his death, I used to read her blog and she always gave the impression that she grew up quite deprived from a financial perspective. She lived with her grandparents from birth - 8 and said things were tough. It doesn't really fit in with having a barrister father, unless he became one much later on.

Yes she doesn't even know where her father is buried. She never really got on with her step mum apparently, but she did a post saying she would one day fight for what is rightfully hers. I remember someone posting saying that maybe she should accept that he didn't want to leave anything to her, or words to that effect and she replied saying that he should have put on a condom then. I don't think in England there is automatic inheritance law anyway? I know in Scotland there is.
This will sound terrible and I recognise that it does, but the anniversary of her Father’s death fell at exactly the right time in the wake of the MOD drama. She played it expertly for all her new followers.

Reactions: 7
In other words, she’s full of SH*T
I listened to her podcast with CH and the amount of times she trips herself up with blatant lies and guff, from one tale to the next is laughable. You could hear CH CRINGING at every word that came out of her mouth.

This will sound terrible and I recognise that it does, but the anniversary of her Father’s death fell at exactly the right time in the wake of the MOD drama. She played it expertly for all her new followers.
Yes! I do so admire anyone that can see straight through her bullshit 🙌🏻

Reactions: 4
CB lives in a complete fantasy world. Anyone remember when she would talk about her career in publishing?! It must have been before her pumping debut at the age of 25.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.