Candice Brathwaite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Candice is watching Top Boy and brings attention to the “racism references”. Well, yes, the racism is subtle towards the black community. For the Arabic community it results in a man dying - that isn’t a ‘reference’. That said, I’m surprised racism was what Candice picked out. I’m on episode 4 and have lost count of the murders, stabbings and life-changing injuries. Candice should take issue at the fact there are (with the exception of one black undercover police officer) no positive depictions of young black men at all. The very best is that the characters are multi-faceted; committing murders and selling drugs, while looking after younger siblings/parents/relatives with disabilities. If the producer had been white, Candice would have had a major issue with the hideous stereotyping we see here.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Good to see Candice is still not declaring gifts - so both Sofas and the footstool are gifted.

It is much easier to move house when you are given everything to put in it.

I did laugh as she got the colours wrong, prob so quick to grab it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Candice is watching Top Boy and brings attention to the “racism references”. Well, yes, the racism is subtle towards the black community. For the Arabic community it results in a man dying - that isn’t a ‘reference’. That said, I’m surprised racism was what Candice picked out. I’m on episode 4 and have lost count of the murders, stabbings and life-changing injuries. Candice should take issue at the fact there are (with the exception of one black undercover police officer) no positive depictions of young black men at all. The very best is that the characters are multi-faceted; committing murders and selling drugs, while looking after younger siblings/parents/relatives with disabilities. If the producer had been white, Candice would have had a major issue with the hideous stereotyping we see here.
I’m surprised Candice didn’t blame Lizzie the drug dealer for all that was wrong in Top Boy. After all, the only middle class White females favoured by Candice come with their own podcast!

Reactions: 4
I'm new to this but I had to unfollow CB as she is really starting to get on my nerves. I saw a post of hers today about the reason why she had to leave London. Black boys are threatened in London so she had no choice but to move out. I hate that she pushes that narrative and makes no attempt to comment on all the black boys that are thriving in London everyday. Boys like my son, my friends sons, my nephew's.. I could go on. Her posts are always so dramatic. Rant over

Reactions: 25
Candice moaning that papa B was out all day and she has to deal with the kids etc. What about all the single mums that actually have a hard job like nurses, teachers etc and get on with it. Poor Candice even in Barbados she was still shooting content 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She's whingeing on again about how desperate she is for a holiday. She says she is going to Kenya in January for work. Love to see what 'work' constitutes in this case... Ranty ig stories? Being lady bountiful at an orphanage for a day?

Reactions: 9
I think she has read this whole thread and has realised she needs to modify her behaviour and language on Instagram. I realise all the posts about feeling low during her move was probably due to reading a few home truths

Reactions: 5
I think she has read this whole thread and has realised she needs to modify her behaviour and language on Instagram. I realise all the posts about feeling low during her move was probably due to reading a few home truths
Hopefully.

Laughing at her saying she is being influenced by Clemmie Telford! I assume she means reading threads about herself, but come on girl, you wouldn't even look at CT in real life, let alone admit publicly that she speaks words of wisdom :LOL:

I love to see pics of her kids though.

Laughing at her saying she is being influenced by Clemmie Telford! I assume she means reading threads about herself, but come on girl, you wouldn't even look at CT in real life, let alone admit publicly that she speaks words of wisdom :LOL:

I love to see pics of her kids though.
Her kids are the cutest!

I’m sorry is she saying her mental health is a rock bottom be she got wet on the school run?!

duck off Candice.

• Angry
😂😂 I think she is. Jeez if every mum who got wet on todsys school run ‘shut down’ for a few days the whole flippin country would grind to a halt.

What about the A&E nurse who got wet today? What about the police officer who got wet today? What about the social worker who had a tough day and then got soaked on the school run?

Also. She not got a coat or an umbrella?!

• Wow
I’m sorry is she saying her mental health is a rock bottom be she got wet on the school run?!

duck off Candice.
That’s what I came here to ask too!
I thought that was very strange. One minute you are revealing your book cover, the next you are at rock bottom because you got soaked on the school run? I feel like I’ve missed a step.

We all got soaked on the school run babe.

Reactions: 12
It is a bleeping insult to those of us who actually did once hit rock bottom and tried to take our lives.

She has no idea what rock bottom is. How to cope with zero help and support, to have zero money and to not have food to feed your children.

she lived in another world, which is what I have always said. I don’t trust her, never have. It is all an instasham. To get her what she wants.
This is a step too far in my opinion. But she will be get all the validation that she is right and needs a “holiday babe” from her sycophantic followers who dare not say anything for fear of being racist.

Reactions: 13
I don't think it was the rain. that was probably the icing on the cake. Something else has upset her, she wants to kick off but she knows she can't do that on Instagram. And she cant manage doing regular 'mum' stuff whilst she is having a diva fit. Papa B will sort it all out like he normally does

I don't think it was the rain. that was probably the icing on the cake. Something else has upset her, she wants to kick off but she knows she can't do that on Instagram. And she cant manage doing regular 'mum' stuff whilst she is having a diva fit. Papa B will sort it all out like he normally does
The icing on the cake for a bad day, but not being rock bottom. These influencers make a mockery of metal health. They minimise other people’s issues.

Candice is one of those people. No excuse

Reactions: 6
Just watched that story. Ultra bizarre. Or should I say so extra... The old saying is no bad weather, only bad clothes. Did her kids get soaked too, or just her. Why not change into dry clothes once you are inside? Thankfully I do not subscribe to her account.

The icing on the cake for a bad day, but not being rock bottom. These influencers make a mockery of metal health. They minimise other people’s issues.

Candice is one of those people. No excuse
I wasn't defending her. She is way too dramatic for her own good. I guess this is what happens when you 'manifest' too much and the blessing start to come through!!! All that chat about being thankful for the small stuff. What a joke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.