Candice Brathwaite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair to her I don't think she meant getting wet made her go rock bottom. She has been saying the move and everything that entails has affected her. To be fair if I had a kid in private school and just took on a mortgage on an Insta wage I'd be feeling very fragile too!

Reactions: 6
To be fair to her I don't think she meant getting wet made her go rock bottom. She has been saying the move and everything that entails has affected her. To be fair if I had a kid in private school and just took on a mortgage on an Insta wage I'd be feeling very fragile too!
Does her husband have a job?

Reactions: 1
All I heard there was her crappy choices and need to be overly extravagant because she believes money = happiness made her fragile.

Woe is her with her kids in private school and a new build house. If my eyes rolled any further I’d probably have a stroke.

Reactions: 5
it's not just a insta wage it's possibly an advance for a book too. I don't think they are overstretched, I think its dawning that she is going to have to really work for it and the work that she is doing is not what she imagined it would be. She doesn't always get the exciting stuff to promote and I guess writing a book must be a lonely and draining ezperience. And I bet she expected. her growth to be much more than it stands at the moment

Reactions: 5
All groundwork for the ‘I’m Not Your Baby Mother’ chapter on mental health.

Reactions: 3
Wasn’t her husband her manager?
I remember she did a gratitude post as he had given up his job so that she could fulfill her dream and he was going to be her manager, but very soon afterwards she was looking for a childminder as he was working so I assume it didn't last long.

Reactions: 2
I guess they did the maths and it didn't work out. I would be cautious in that position because you never know how long it is going to last and that can be stressful. I would have been stacking as much cash as I could and not making any long term financial commitments until I felt secure. When you have to start tightening your belt the luxuries like extra help are going to take a hit. And the holidays

Couldn’t happen to a nicer an individual.

Maybe candice’ house of cards is finally beginning to tumble.

Reactions: 4
I think she has read this whole thread and has realised she needs to modify her behaviour and language on Instagram. I realise all the posts about feeling low during her move was probably due to reading a few home truths
o why not address
I used to follow Candice and Nilly Dahlia. Nilly posted on Instagram
nillydahlia
I have to get something off my chest. I saw on a site yesterday that a couple of women don't see colour. (I'm not going to name the site because it's not worth the clicks and page impressions.) But, I was outraged. How can you NOT see colour? I get that you were trying to be humble and imply that colour isn't a factor when you interact with people.
But let me tell you;
THAT.
IS.
OFFENSIVE.
The post carries on.

The post on this thread was completely misquoted/taken out of context. I know Nilly Dahlia posted on here as herself, so why not respond on here? Oh, because then we can’t have the long emotive post to boost engagement. I am surprised there wasn’t an AD at the end of it. Nilly and Candice regularly declare how they love each other, so I am pretty sure Candice is told/has read what is said on here.
Unfollowed both Candice and Nilly. Women of colour, who choose to remain silent when they should speak out but post emotive posts about race when it suits their narrative or latest product to flog! Shameless.

Reactions: 8
o why not address
I used to follow Candice and Nilly Dahlia. Nilly posted on Instagram
nillydahlia
I have to get something off my chest. I saw on a site yesterday that a couple of women don't see colour. (I'm not going to name the site because it's not worth the clicks and page impressions.) But, I was outraged. How can you NOT see colour? I get that you were trying to be humble and imply that colour isn't a factor when you interact with people.
But let me tell you;
THAT.
IS.
OFFENSIVE.
The post carries on.

The post on this thread was completely misquoted/taken out of context. I know Nilly Dahlia posted on here as herself, so why not respond on here? Oh, because then we can’t have the long emotive post to boost engagement. I am surprised there wasn’t an AD at the end of it. Nilly and Candice regularly declare how they love each other, so I am pretty sure Candice is told/has read what is said on here.
Unfollowed both Candice and Nilly. Women of colour, who choose to remain silent when they should speak out but post emotive posts about race when it suits their narrative or latest product to flog! Shameless.
It’s boring now.

They paint themselves as mouth pieces that are on some moral crusade and yet only use their platform when it suits their own personal agenda. New build houses, private schools, holidays to Barbados and Dior bags don’t pay for themselves, eh?

I don't think Nilly is like CB at all. I have never seen her being nasty, threatening or abusive. She has clear boundaries about what she will/won't do with her kids on social media. She was declaring stuff waaaay before the guidelines came out.

I don't think Nilly is like CB at all. I have never seen her being nasty, threatening or abusive. She has clear boundaries about what she will/won't do with her kids on social media. She was declaring stuff waaaay before the guidelines came out.
I always admired Nilly for not showing her children and always being transparent with ads, I became disillusioned with Nilly and Candice for using the ‘race’ posts when it suits their narrative/they need to flog something/boost engagement.

I always admired Nilly for not showing her children and always being transparent with ads, I became disillusioned with Nilly and Candice for using the ‘race’ posts when it suits their narrative/they need to flog something/boost engagement.
I think the difference between both is that it is for ND it isn't a job, she said she doesn't rely on it unlike CB. I have only seen ND talking about race wrt Instagram 'deals' and tokenism and I thought that was great that she called it out. She's not afraid to speak out (and risk losing out on #ads) but I don't think she's looking for a platform either in the way that CB is.

it's ok, all is well. She was exhausted. She missed an event, a good night's sleep and she is back on track today🙄

like any job we chose to take on, if it doesn't suit, perhaps it's time for a change.

it's ok, all is well. She was exhausted. She missed an event, a good night's sleep and she is back on track today🙄

like any job we chose to take on, if it doesn't suit, perhaps it's time for a change.
it Is attention seeking behaviour. Vapid woman

Massively dramatic way to send apologies for an event. Insulting to mental health sufferers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.