Candice Brathwaite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cannot stand her. Anyone dare to stand up to her, disagree or even agree (especially if your white) gets knocked down with her sarcastic vile responses. I saw a white man say that he wouldn't have stepped forward in that video she shared and instead of putting her point across in a calm way, she flew off the handle. Rude, obnoxious and actually vile. Shes always going off on one. All her followers started to gang up too. Awful woman.
I agree that white people should never make a post about white privilege about ourselves. There is never a time or place to do that. But you’re so right- she was bloody rude when she didn’t have to be.

Not everyone will understand the privilege of having white skin, no matter what your other circumstances might be. I would think for all her campaigning and apparent education about this she would get it.

You want to bring people along with you when fighting something like this, no alienate and show yourself in such a negative way.

But of course no-one can say this or we’ll be branded racist 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s bugging me where I’ve seen these houses, I live fairly locally to her, and feel like driving round all the local new estates 🤣

Reactions: 2
She’s released a book...

About being a black mother.
I’d be well up for reading more about black mothers experiences. Might pass on hers though.

Says this about it on Rightmove "the X is a thoughtfully designed 4 bed home available using HELP TO BUY. "
Fair play to them. Buying a house is hard for many people and impossible for many more. I guess being honest about that doesn’t fit her narrative of manifesting levels 🤭 I do wonder though if their previous house was also HTB? Would it have been better to stay put if not?

Reactions: 3
Fair play to them. Buying a house is hard for many people and impossible for many more. I guess being honest about that doesn’t fit her narrative of manifesting levels 🤭 I do wonder though if their previous house was also HTB? Would it have been better to stay put if not?
And this is the problem with these influencers in a nutshell. They’re not selling a lifestyle, they’re selling a version of what they think is an aspirational lifestyle. No one gives a duck if you hire nannies at festivals or buy a house using shared ownership or whatever. Be honest about your actual life and people will respect you. Lie through your teeth to try and preserve the illusion and people will be fucked off when they find out they’ve been sold a lie.

Reactions: 16
And this is the problem with these influencers in a nutshell. They’re not selling a lifestyle, they’re selling a version of what they think is an aspirational lifestyle. No one gives a duck if you hire nannies at festivals or buy a house using shared ownership or whatever. Be honest about your actual life and people will respect you. Lie through your teeth to try and preserve the illusion and people will be fucked off when they find out they’ve been sold a lie.
Couldn’t agree more. What’s the shame in admitting the truth? So attention seeking and betrays a host of insecurities 😒 She could link her current situation/opportunities to the difficulties many black people face when trying to get ahead. I’d respect her for that. Instead she’s bragging about her good fortune. I think maybe the person she’s trying to convince the most is herself 😉

Reactions: 4
The house they're currently in is privately rented - they said this on their recent 'live'. I believe it's the first time they've mentioned it as like many others I thought they gave the impression they'd bought it. I had wondered how they had managed to afford it.

• Wow
I thought help to buy was for first time buyers only, and even then it might be optional if you didn’t need it. If it’s their second time buying then they wouldn’t be eligible.

The house they're currently in is privately rented - they said this on their recent 'live'. I believe it's the first time they've mentioned it as like many others I thought they gave the impression they'd bought it. I had wondered how they had managed to afford it.
Thank you for sharing that. I thought so too! No shame in renting though- some rents are more than mortgages 😲 I’m genuinely happy for them they’re able to do this. They could really help others realise their dreams of owning homes too, if they’re honest about it 😒

Reactions: 3
I can't believe this..I'm sure when she first started out she said about it being her dream home and buying it? Even when the garden was getting landscaped she talked about it being closer to the dream and it nearly being there?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I can't believe this..I'm sure when she first started out she said about it being her dream home and buying it? Even when the garden was getting landscaped she talked about it being closer to the dream and it nearly being there?
I think they intended to buy it in the future but then looked at new builds and decided to go for it

Says this about it on Rightmove "the X is a thoughtfully designed 4 bed home available using HELP TO BUY. "
Help to buy isn’t necessarily shared ownership? If you’re a first time buyer or buying a new build it’s just a loan for 20% of the house price... very different to shared ownership.

Help to buy isn’t necessarily shared ownership? If you’re a first time buyer or buying a new build it’s just a loan for 20% of the house price... very different to shared ownership.
I wasn't passing judgement, just saying what Rightmove said. I've never heard of Help To Buy.

Reactions: 1
Why did I think that the current house was inherited when a family member died? 😂 I must have completely made that up in my head

Reactions: 1
Why did I think that the current house was inherited when a family member died? 😂 I must have completely made that up in my head
I remember her being aggressive about her Dad’s house and she felt it was her right to inherit it despite him remarrying or something along those lines .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.