Candice Brathwaite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, black, white, pink or blue she's a twit. Colour doesn't come into it. It's the person, it's their personality, it's their morals, it's how they treat their fellow human's. She's just in it to milk whatever she can from it. I never see the colour of someone's skin, I see the person.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Honestly, black, white, pink or blue she's a twit. Colour doesn't come into it. It's the person, it's their personality, it's their morals, it's how they treat their fellow human's. She's just in it to milk whatever she can from it. I never see the colour of someone's skin, I see the person.
Agreed! Doesn’t matter the colour of your skin... if you’re a manipulative person that exploits others then that’s what you are!

Reactions: 2
What the hell is she on about in her latest stories. Her words mean no sense. “Liberty” ??Seriously if she’s writing a book it will do terribly. Without the instamums fawning over her & who will get the book for free anyway I don’t think anyone else will read her book as she tries too hard to use grandiose words in a way that is too contrived and fake it doesn’t flow naturally she really is not a good writer.

Yes! Exactly this! She’s a twit! As a human being race aside she is such a massive twit

Reactions: 9
If she’s brought a house, great, good for her - it’s bloody hard thing to do in this day and age.

... However if she is in such bad debt, possibly in an IVA as people have suggested - maybe it’s possible that ‘Papa B’ brought the house?

I don’t want to assume, but I know a girl, who my husband knows quite well, a few years ago, who was allll over social media bragging about a house ‘she’ had brought.

It was her husbands. His name on the mortgage, his on the deeds. This woman hasn’t worked for over ten years so she contributes nothing to it... didn’t stop her bragging alllllll over SM for the likes though 🙄

Reactions: 8
If she’s brought a house, great, good for her - it’s bloody hard thing to do in this day and age.

... However if she is in such bad debt, possibly in an IVA as people have suggested - maybe it’s possible that ‘Papa B’ brought the house?

I don’t want to assume, but I know a girl, who my husband knows quite well, a few years ago, who was allll over social media bragging about a house ‘she’ had brought.

It was her husbands. His name on the mortgage, his on the deeds. This woman hasn’t worked for over ten years so she contributes nothing to it... didn’t stop her bragging alllllll over SM for the likes though 🙄
Excellent point! Could be his house!
Although I’m super curious (nosey!) to know what he does that means he can borrow nearly half a mil for a house on his own! If so... I want in on that kind of job too! 😂

Reactions: 4
Excellent point! Could be his house!
Although I’m super curious (nosey!) to know what he does that means he can borrow nearly half a mil for a house on his own! If so... I want in on that kind of job too! 😂
I highly doubt he has a job that is good enough to warrant a £500k mortgage. AFAIR he works in sales for a construction company. They couldn't afford childcare until recently so I'm guessing CB is the breadwinner.

Reactions: 3
I’m beginning to wonder wether ‘influencers’ are given some kind of special grace when it comes to mortgages. Mrs Meldrum got ‘murder mansion’ which is apparently over half a mil, a few years ago.

It baffles me cuz most lenders are a bit funny about self-employed anyway, let alone such a volatile profession. How can you forecast the longevity of a mummy blogger income?

I’m beginning to wonder wether ‘influencers’ are given some kind of special grace when it comes to mortgages. Mrs Meldrum got ‘murder mansion’ which is apparently over half a mil, a few years ago.

It baffles me cuz most lenders are a bit funny about self-employed anyway, let alone such a volatile profession. How can you forecast the longevity of a mummy blogger income?
Precisely! We’re moving house soon and we’ve just had to jump through so many hoops to get approved for a mortgage... I’m a teacher and my husband is an assistant manager... we’ve been in our current jobs for over 5 years... you’d have thought we’d have been a safe bet! But apparently not! It’s taken 6 weeks and counting and submitting a ridiculous amount of evidence like bank statements, wage slips, job contracts etc to the bank before they’d even consider giving us a full mortgage offer! I just don’t get it!! Oh and the house we’re buying isn’t a half a mil 4 bed detached either!!

Reactions: 3
One of the Geordie shore girls was given a house maybe she has had that.

I really do doubt that she has bought a house. In total agreement that this photo means nothing except ‘couple stand outside new build house with a sold sign’. She apparently recently bought a mini too, but we don’t seem to have seen that since.

I was pleased when I first came across her account, and I really appreciate her MMD work. More voices need to be heard here without a doubt. I’ve learned a lot from that account and still follow.

But I found her aggression and hostility towards white women shocking, mainly for the fact that many white women follow her and engage with her posts, wanting to do better.

I bet there are many, many white people who want to learn more about white privilege and how it negatively impacts on POC, so we look to someone like CB to share experiences so we can do the work we need to in dismantling systemic racism.

It’s not her job (or any POC) to educate us on what we need to do, but she has taken that mantle of her own accord. She’s placed herself out there, ready to discuss it and happily does until someone calls her out on something she says. Then the dissenting person is labelled racist.

She might be prejudiced against white people, and fair due if she is. She’s also right to call out white people if/when they highjack a post. But I think it’s more about securing her place at the table because no-one will challenge her for fear of the repercussions. And isn’t she sitting comfortably at the instamum table now 😉

I also have no problem with her ‘levelling up’ and making all the money she wants. I appreciate that she’s not tried to hide that. But it is a little vulgar how often she goes on about it. She also isn’t discerning when it comes to brand work. She’ll catch any coins thrown her way, regardless of whether they align with her personal values.

I know I’m not qualified to discuss the experiences of POC, and I don’t know CB personally. But something doesn’t sit well with me about her and it has nothing to do with the colour of her skin.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
I was pleased when I first came across her account, and I really appreciate her MMD work. More voices need to be heard here without a doubt. I’ve learned a lot from that account and still follow.

But I found her aggression and hostility towards white women shocking, mainly for the fact that many white women follow her and engage with her posts, wanting to do better.

I bet there are many, many white people who want to learn more about white privilege and how it negatively impacts on POC, so we look to someone like CB to share experiences so we can do the work we need to in dismantling systemic racism.

It’s not her job (or any POC) to educate us on what we need to do, but she has taken that mantle of her own accord. She’s placed herself out there, ready to discuss it and happily does until someone calls her out on something she says. Then the dissenting person is labelled racist.

She might be prejudiced against white people, and fair due if she is. She’s also right to call out white people if/when they highjack a post. But I think it’s more about securing her place at the table because no-one will challenge her for fear of the repercussions. And isn’t she sitting comfortably at the instamum table now 😉

I also have no problem with her ‘levelling up’ and making all the money she wants. I appreciate that she’s not tried to hide that. But it is a little vulgar how often she goes on about it. She also isn’t discerning when it comes to brand work. She’ll catch any coins thrown her way, regardless of whether they align with her personal values.

I know I’m not qualified to discuss the experiences of POC, and I don’t know CB personally. But something doesn’t sit well with me about her and it has nothing to do with the colour of her skin.
I was just thinking about the old CB, the one who was very humble and donated stuff on to women's refuges because 'it felt too special/expensive to have'. I hate to say this, but in hindsight I wonder was this all part of her strategy. From her own recent admissions she's always had a penchant for very expensive things (and they're usually hideous things too!) so I do wonder if the donations were a mere ploy.

I was just thinking about the old CB, the one who was very humble and donated stuff on to women's refuges because 'it felt too special/expensive to have'. I hate to say this, but in hindsight I wonder was this all part of her strategy. From her own recent admissions she's always had a penchant for very expensive things (and they're usually hideous things too!) so I do wonder if the donations were a mere ploy.
I don’t think anyone will ever truly know. Except CB 😉 but she doesn’t hide the fact she’s very materialistic. I can’t relate to that and find it very distasteful to flaunt it so brashly.

Reactions: 7

Everything I wanted to say, just 10x more eloquent! I agree with every last word.

Everything I wanted to say, just 10x more eloquent! I agree with every last word.
Felt good to get it all out! 🤣

Nah it’s shared ownership

She’s tit with money
Ah, so she’s missed a great opportunity here to help others who wish to buy a house but don’t have enough for a deposit ☹

Anything to big herself up and make her look like she’s finally made it. So bloody pretentious, it’s nauseating 🙄

Reactions: 5
She deserves whatever crap comes her way with her obnoxious attitude to anyone who disagrees with her🙄

Cannot stand her. Anyone dare to stand up to her, disagree or even agree (especially if your white) gets knocked down with her sarcastic vile responses. I saw a white man say that he wouldn't have stepped forward in that video she shared and instead of putting her point across in a calm way, she flew off the handle. Rude, obnoxious and actually vile. Shes always going off on one. All her followers started to gang up too. Awful woman.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.