Candice Brathwaite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has some right idiotic followers. What is this eejit even talking about?

View attachment 22888

Quick look at her page and if this is an example of her work I'll give it a swerve.

View attachment 22889
Oh this is about Youtubers Bianca and Damien Prince, they had a baby and Bianca made a comment on how the baby had brown eyes, not “pretty eyes” like her grey eyes. Bianca then made further comments about how dark the baby would be. They have over a million subscribers, so the story was picked up by the media and Twitter.
They followed with a non apology/apology video justifying the comment.
Bianca has been criticised for the colourist comments. Personally, I think rightly so...as a mixed race mother,with mixed race children, I can not imagine making comments about my newborn like that!

Oh and yes,agree on swerving that work :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Black people calling out white privilege and racism they experience is not racism, we as white people are not oppressed! They (Black people) can be rude, offensive etc but racism is a social construct. The Doctor Mummy, like many people of colour, aren’t responsible for educating us on racism and white privilege - I don’t blame her for not wanting to just tell someone what work they need to do. They don’t owe you that! And her having a white husband doesn’t mean she can’t also call out racism or white privilege in others, I’m baffled why loving and making a family with a white person means she can’t? That’s like saying if a white person dates a black person they can’t possibly be racist - they absolutely can!!!!

Reactions: 26
Black people calling out white privilege and racism they experience is not racism, we as white people are not oppressed! They (Black people) can be rude, offensive etc but racism is a social construct. The Doctor Mummy, like many people of colour, aren’t responsible for educating us on racism and white privilege - I don’t blame her for not wanting to just tell someone what work they need to do. They don’t owe you that! And her having a white husband doesn’t mean she can’t also call out racism or white privilege in others, I’m baffled why loving and making a family with a white person means she can’t? That’s like saying if a white person dates a black person they can’t possibly be racist - they absolutely can!!!!
I actually think TDM is nice in real life and she is very passionate about women (particularly WOC) in pregnancy/childbirth and I imagine she'd be a really good doctor attending your labour if there were issues. I don't like the way she talks about particular issues around race and people haven't heard of this, are interested and off the back of her story ask her a relevant question and she starts saying 'this is not my job. There is such a thing as an internet search'. I personally think that's a bit of a dick-ish thing to say. You could ignore it, you could at the very least signpost on (she does a lot of stories so would one more helpfull, educational story be that bad?) I follow quite a few people who raise awareness of discrimination whether it be about colour, disability, gender etc and I never once heard anyone talk about something and then respond by saying 'do your own homework'. It's a shame as with her medical background she could add a lot to the knowledge base, her stories about black women being more likely to die in childbirth were really shockingly interesting. It's totally up to her obviously, but for me it's not really an attitude that I warm to.

Reactions: 3
I’m another who thought CB was a force for good but now i’m not so sure. Really feels like she’s a bit of a bully at times. That “troll” shaming (I didn’t think it was trolling) earlier this week was horrible. Just declare your free holiday FFS.

And that recent post about only posting if she’s paid for it or if it feels good... As a follower of her’s that didn’t land well with me. So she begins by sharing content that people like, she gains lots of followers who like that content, and now she thinks she can just duck them off unless she’s selling tit to them? What kind of business model is that?

Reactions: 14
I actually think TDM is nice in real life and she is very passionate about women (particularly WOC) in pregnancy/childbirth and I imagine she'd be a really good doctor attending your labour if there were issues. I don't like the way she talks about particular issues around race and people haven't heard of this, are interested and off the back of her story ask her a relevant question and she starts saying 'this is not my job. There is such a thing as an internet search'. I personally think that's a bit of a dick-ish thing to say. You could ignore it, you could at the very least signpost on (she does a lot of stories so would one more helpfull, educational story be that bad?) I follow quite a few people who raise awareness of discrimination whether it be about colour, disability, gender etc and I never once heard anyone talk about something and then respond by saying 'do your own homework'. It's a shame as with her medical background she could add a lot to the knowledge base, her stories about black women being more likely to die in childbirth were really shockingly interesting. It's totally up to her obviously, but for me it's not really an attitude that I warm to.
I follow her as well and I really like her and think what she discusses is hugely important and relevant. I haven’t seen those types of conversations and I definitely agree rudeness isn’t necessary, however I imagine it’s frustrating if people ask you do to the work for them of how they can be better. Or, as I imagine happens often, she gets DM’s saying ‘Not all white people’ or dismissing her experiences. But as I said, rudeness isn’t needed, but neither is asking a POC to do the work for you!

Reactions: 2
I follow her as well and I really like her and think what she discusses is hugely important and relevant. I haven’t seen those types of conversations and I definitely agree rudeness isn’t necessary, however I imagine it’s frustrating if people ask you do to the work for them of how they can be better. Or, as I imagine happens often, she gets DM’s saying ‘Not all white people’ or dismissing her experiences. But as I said, rudeness isn’t needed, but neither is asking a POC to do the work for you!
From what I have seen people are not asking her to write an essay, someone once asked her what the best book was for expanding on issues she surfaced. She put an arsey story up about that saying people need to do their own research, she's not being paid to do this, it's not a black person's job to educate. The issue with that then is that the White, MC Instamums then jump on that bandwagon and start advertising books pertaining to colour and racism. Of course she doesn't ^have^ tO, but IMO it is much better being given the title of a book by someone who is actually living the experience. I could google stuff, but all sorts of crap could come up.

Reactions: 6
It’s the not declaring gifts, thinking they’re somehow above any kind of regulation, creating an echo chamber where no-one is allowed to be critical of them - that’s what I don’t like.

Reactions: 9
I’m another who thought CB was a force for good but now i’m not so sure. Really feels like she’s a bit of a bully at times. That “troll” shaming (I didn’t think it was trolling) earlier this week was horrible. Just declare your free holiday FFS.

And that recent post about only posting if she’s paid for it or if it feels good... As a follower of her’s that didn’t land well with me. So she begins by sharing content that people like, she gains lots of followers who like that content, and now she thinks she can just duck them off unless she’s selling tit to them? What kind of business model is that?
I think in hindsight the good stuff was all part of the business model. It was her way in, picking up the followers, getting her foot in the door. She's had a business plan for ages, knows exactly what she's doing and she's been very open about that. OTOH I think fair play to her and OTOH I miss the old her. She was very relatable to me, remember how she used to donate gifts as she felt they were too expensive for her? She felt good back then. I don't mean it isn't good to see her in a good place, because that is actually great, she's had hard, hard times, but I feel either she has lost herself along the way and it's purely about £££ or else that was just a smoke and mirrors act in the first place.

Reactions: 7
She’s trying to make out her “business” is far bigger/more successful than it is.

Anyone can set up as a LTD company.
Any LTD company can be VAT registered-irrespective of how much money the business is making (there used to be a threshold but not anymore)
Most people who run a LTD company or who are self employed use the services of an accountant.

She’s talking about all of the above as if she’s running a multi million pound empire. She’s not.
I’m also not buying any of this nonsense about having a £25K tax bill for 6 months work. I dont even know what she’s talking about. You don’t pay corporation tax until the end of the tax year and it’s for the full year, not 6 months of it. You only pay CT on the profits the business has made - her accountant should be working hard to square away a large % of the money so that she only pays minimum CT.

I think she’s full of tit. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 16
I think in hindsight the good stuff was all part of the business model. It was her way in, picking up the followers, getting her foot in the door. She's had a business plan for ages, knows exactly what she's doing and she's been very open about that. OTOH I think fair play to her and OTOH I miss the old her. She was very relatable to me, remember how she used to donate gifts as she felt they were too expensive for her? She felt good back then. I don't mean it isn't good to see her in a good place, because that is actually great, she's had hard, hard times, but I feel either she has lost herself along the way and it's purely about £££ or else that was just a smoke and mirrors act in the first place.
I don’t know who she is anymore.

She’s trying to make out her “business” is far bigger/more successful than it is.

Anyone can set up as a LTD company.
Any LTD company can be VAT registered-irrespective of how much money the business is making (there used to be a threshold but not anymore)
Most people who run a LTD company or who are self employed use the services of an accountant.

She’s talking about all of the above as if she’s running a multi million pound empire. She’s not.
I’m also not buying any of this nonsense about having a £25K tax bill for 6 months work. I dont even know what she’s talking about. You don’t pay corporation tax until the end of the tax year and it’s for the full year, not 6 months of it. You only pay CT on the profits the business has made - her accountant should be working hard to square away a large % of the money so that she only pays minimum CT.

I think she’s full of tit. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I did actually wonder about her 6 month tax bill. I wondered why she felt the need to say how much she is paying too.

I don’t know who she is anymore.
A very racist lady, extreme views but only that benefit her and her race, looks down on white people and spews hatred and anger in all she says, she thinks the world owes her a living. She Thinks she’s owed the world because she was brought up in sout east London/Brixton and had a hard life. Haven’t we all lady. She’s got some deep rooted anger issues and needs to address her problems instead of spouting off at everyone else.

She thinks she’s made it because she has had 1 good year with money, very distasteful and laughable. Money can go just as quickly as it comes.

And here’s the thing Candice ... money doesn’t make you rich. She’s got some twisted morals.
You try be Oprah or the next Michelle Obama but you are so materialistic and full of yourself I don’t think you can make it out the door CHILE.

But hey you think your doing so well in life because your 1k of clearing your debt, I think you need money management classes why the hell buying all the gucci and the labels and splashing cash if your still in debt 😂 honestly!!! She’s so tacky.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I did actually wonder about her 6 month tax bill. I wondered why she felt the need to say how much she is paying too.
I wonder if she means her PAYE and a payment that she needs to make on account? Otherwise perhaps she set up her co part way through last year but has aligned the financial year end to the tax year for simplicity so needs to pay her taxes now but they relate to only 6 months of last financial year?

There is a threshold for VAT whereby if your turnover reaches a certain level (think it’s £80k) then you need to register for (and charge) VAT on your services.

She wrote about getting a five bedroom house so she can have her mother move in and be an au pair? How weird. Where did they move to? She seems really aggressive and belligerent to me, even the look in her eyes is disturbing. She says her husband *mad’s* her head? Does she have a job?

She wrote about getting a five bedroom house so she can have her mother move in and be an au pair? How weird. Where did they move to? She seems really aggressive and belligerent to me, even the look in her eyes is disturbing. She says her husband *mad’s* her head? Does she have a job?
The “mad her head” and various other phrases are Bajan Creole/patois. I had to ask my mum what a few things meant. It’s all very interesting how some people keep up the patois when emigrating and some don’t. My mum practiced along with the BBC World Service on the radio before she left Barbados and developed a RP accent. She was fairly bamboozled when I started asking about patois 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Euhrh. I think there may have been a time when I'd have been a little bothered because of her most recent post.

But to be honest, as she would forcefully say CHILE BYE!
Take your bullshit tax made up figures, your boastful 5 bed house with your poor mum as an au pair (who the hell do you even think you are), your wannabe oprah/Michelle O misled dreams, your white people racism, your boring stories about your floaty pieces of fabric and the many many times you've told your followers about your hair, and do one.

I've never wanted someone to come from nothing, make something of themselves, then fail, but for you, I'd make an exception.

Good people get good things. You're not a good person, and its becoming plainly obvious to more and more people now.

Reactions: 13
The “mad her head” and various other phrases are Bajan Creole/patois. I had to ask my mum what a few things meant. It’s all very interesting how some people keep up the patois when emigrating and some don’t. My mum practiced along with the BBC World Service on the radio before she left Barbados and developed a RP accent. She was fairly bamboozled when I started asking about patois 😂
I like learning about patois. She could have at least removed the apostrophe as it shouldn’t be there. Doesn’t seem complementary to her husband though.

I'm 'shooketh' that she wants to move her mum in as she has many a times posted about how her mum let both her and her children down. There was one post about how she wasn't going to let her mum see the kids again.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
85716517-B63D-41EC-99C9-342D56D2BEB4.jpeg

Well, at least she’s not shy with her freebie requests, despite rolling in money allegedly.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.