Candice Brathwaite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unfollowed again. Liked her openness, her honesty she was there to make money and support her family. But bubblebabysitting app. Oh do duck off.

Reactions: 8
CB has £25 k in taxes for just six months of working . She must be turning over a MASSIVE amount! Jealous - yep.

Reactions: 3
Fair play to her, it wasn't that long ago that she said she couldn't afford nappies for her first child. I think she will go far, she's ruthless and has goals that she's meditating on (or whatever that term was she used to use). I actually don't feel jealous of her lifestyle in the way that I do about the OD's, I think CB is much more into a flashy lifestyle and hideously expensive shoes than going on family holidays. Although she goes on about living her best life she never actually seems that happy.

Reactions: 7
I thought that too 😱

Fair play to her.
That what she says. Don’t be too quick to believe everything that you hear on Instagram! In one breath she says she’s paying £25K in tax for 6 months work but then in another she saying she’s still got £1K to pay off on personal debt..... hmmmmmmm something isn’t adding up there!!!!!!!!

I actually find her constant chat about money a bit vulgar. You can be ambitious and business oriented without always talking about money (“the hustle”) 🤷🏼‍♀️

Does anyone know what her husband is called?! I hate that he is just “Papa B” and what does he do for a living? (I’m just being nosey!!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
That what she says. Don’t be too quick to believe everything that you hear on Instagram!

I actually find her constant chat about money a bit vulgar. You can be ambitious and business oriented without always talking about money (“the hustle”) 🤷🏼‍♀️

Does anyone know what her husband is called?! I hate that he is just “Papa B” and what does he do for a living? (I’m just being nosey!!)
I thought the way she announced 'sexy time' or her intention to do some 'horizontal dancing with Papa B' much worse 😷

his name is on his IG page.

Reactions: 5
That what she says. Don’t be too quick to believe everything that you hear on Instagram!

He is called Bode and works in construction I believe.

Reactions: 2
He did work in construction but then I distinctly remember CB posting about how he was giving up his job so that she could fulfil her career and he was going to be her manager of something?

He did work in construction but then I distinctly remember CB posting about how he was giving up his job so that she could fulfil her career and he was going to be her manager of something?
🙄

“Manager” = stay at home Dad

Last edited:
  • Haha
I used to really like her but I do see her very similar to CC. There is something very venomous about her if she is confronted and then she starts gaslighting in a very nasty way. I don't have any sympathy for her financial woes; she wants to have her cake and eat it (don't we all?!) I think when she started out she was great but now it's more about an aspirational lifestyle. Her original message seems to be lost.
Absolutely this!

I started following Candice because I thought she offered something refreshingly different from the typical Instamum brigade. I also appreciated, and continue to appreciate, the content offered by Make Motherhood Diverse. I now find that Candice is a woman with a very complex personality - she is defensive, boastful, and quick to accuse people of racism for simply disagreeing with her. I think the issues run deeper than what she posts on the squares. Did anyone else see the post she put up of her father’s house? Apparently a house at which she is no longer permitted, but somewhere she feels she is entitled to own. This is one side of a story (I’m sure her stepmother has a different portrayal) and deeply personal family politics played out to her huge audience.

Candice also seems to do lots of mutual insta-fawning of The Doctor Mummy. An NHS doctor and mother. I stopped following her because of the derogatory posts she would make about ‘white people’ (who she seemed to tarnish with a racist brush despite a white husband and her beautiful mixed race son) and the fact I found her hugely unprofessional, for someone who does use her doctor status as part of her Instapersona.

517D57F2-FCCC-424B-BA49-E3518B29FCB8.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I initially liked her, but as a mixed race woman I rapidly began to feel uneasy with her constant complaints about racism while she herself was perpetuating racism against white people. Saying “the caucacity is exhausting today” and so forth paints her as just as much a racist as those she complains about. And then her rant to camera after the racist incident at E’s school, talking about how she just wanted to rip someone’s throat out through their vagina (!!) and swearing up a storm...she let the camera drop down and E was hand in hand with her! I get she was upset but I thought that was totally wrong.

Reactions: 19
I started following Candice because I thought she offered something refreshingly different from the typical Instamum brigade. I also appreciated, and continue to appreciate, the content offered by Make Motherhood Diverse. I now find that Candice is a woman with a very complex personality - she is defensive, boastful, and quick to accuse people of racism for simply disagreeing with her. I think the issues run deeper than what she posts on the squares. Did anyone else see the post she put up of her father’s house? Apparently a house at which she is no longer permitted, but somewhere she feels she is entitled to own. This is one side of a story (I’m sure her stepmother has a different portrayal) and deeply personal family politics played out to her huge audience.

Candice also seems to do lots of mutual insta-fawning of The Doctor Mummy. An NHS doctor and mother. I stopped following her because of the derogatory posts she would make about ‘white people’ (who she seemed to tarnish with a racist brush despite a white husband and her beautiful mixed race son) and the fact I found her hugely unprofessional, for someone who does use her doctor status as part of her Instapersona.

View attachment 22843

This comment makes zero sense. Shes not got a step daughter has she.

• Wow
Yes she has her husband has a daughter with a different women before candice but doesn't show her on ig.

View attachment 22843
I remember that post and being shocked at her entitled attitude; she didn't think she had a right to a part of the house, she felt she was entitled to all of it. Her dad obviously didn't though!
she definitely has very deep rooted complex issues and seems to have very contrasting opinions at different times. She has written stuff about her mum that made her sound like a horrible, toxic person and at other times spoke as if they were very close. Likewise about her stepmum.

I like the doctor mummy but I do think she crosses a line at times. Constantly going on about issues of colour, but then gets annoyed if someone asks her for a book recommendation on issues of race,as 'do your own work, it's not my job'. She did tend to lament about being so tired of trying to educate people about race, as if she was being forced to. Just put down the phone then!

Yes she has her husband has a daughter with a different women before candice but doesn't show her on ig.
Actually I brought up something about his first daughter on another thread and he pm'd me and said it was not his choice to omit her from social media, but there were legal issues that he was fighting to overturn this.

Sorry only just seen this was at work. Didn’t realise she’d posted my message on her stories. I was very reasonable and polite!
Out of interest, Ally, after Candice blocked you and posted your message on her stories did you receive any DMs from her fans? When Instafolk take this approach, I always think they are trying to rile their crowd.

She has written stuff about her mum that made her sound like a horrible, toxic person and at other times spoke as if they were very close. Likewise about her stepmum.
I’ve noticed this too. It made me feel deeply uncomfortable when Candice disclosed her mother’s HIV status. HIV should absolutely not be something to be ashamed about, but it felt (to me) like Candice was using this not to raise awareness or reduce stigma, but for Instagram content. Raising awareness could have meant signposting to sources of information, or talking about the wonders of modern medicine in HIV prevention and control, but Candice seemed to be using her mother’s condition to spout anger at the NHS.

Constantly going on about issues of colour, but then gets annoyed if someone asks her for a book recommendation on issues of race,as 'do your own work, it's not my job'. She did tend to lament about being so tired of trying to educate people about race, as if she was being forced to. Just put down the phone then!
For this reason alone I (despite being a person of mixed heritage) would feel uncomfortable receiving treatment from The Doctor Mummy. I vaguely remember her posting about her intense frustration when patients ask where she is from. This saddened me. Someone close to me, who was married to one of the original Windrush migrants, loves talking to people (black or white) about their history - where they were born, where their parents were born, where they travel to. She likes travel and people, and learning about their backgrounds, different cultures etc. For someone in her mid 80s I see this as truly refreshing - she is so much the opposite of racist but would be dismissed as such by people like The Doctor Mummy for asking the question.

Last edited:
She has some right idiotic followers. What is this eejit even talking about?

Quick look at her page and if this is an example of her work I'll give it a swerve.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.