Candice Brathwaite #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha sorry not the ex friend...I am very ordinary/boring.

I initially started following her on twitter many moons ago so have followed her through many different phases (semi autobiographical blog, podcast, youtube etc etc) and was surprised recently to see she had transitioned into mummy blogger when my sister in law recommended Candice's insta. At one point she started a book club, that I joined, and we all went for dinner. We only read one book before I guess she got bored and moved onto the next venture.
What did Candice read? Pimp: Story of my Life 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What did Candice read? Pimp: Story of my Life 🙄
We read a grand total of two books:
Kelly Cutrone If you have to cry go outside
Helen Gurley Brown Sex and the Single Girl

I do remember it fondly as it was actually a lovely group of women who supported each other via email, and was sad when it ended. This was all around 2012...I stopped following Candice shortly after as I remember finding her jumping from one project to the next tiresome.

I'm sure she even said she'd been approached by a literary agent at one point to pick up her book.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Hey Lorraine, what do you think of your fashion expert now?
Och, wee Lorraine will just absolutely love her 🙄 Most of us Scots canna stand her due to the fact that every Scottish catastrophe that happened in her news reporting days she turned up and patrionised the duck out of everyone. My father had the privilege of getting her in his taxi once after a particularly bad accident where he lived in Scotland. He ended up telling her to “shut up or get oot ma taxi”. God rest his soul ❤ It’s well known Lorraine can be nippy and isn’t as sweet as she makes on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Och, wee Lorraine will just absolutely love her 🙄 Most of us Scots canna stand her due to the fact that every Scottish catastrophe that happened in her news reporting days she turned up and patrionised the duck out of everyone. My father had the privilege of getting her in his taxi once after a particularly bad accident where he lived in Scotland. He ended up telling her to “shut up or get oot ma taxi”. God rest his soul ❤ It’s well known Lorraine can be nippy and isn’t as sweet as she makes on.
This needs to be ok the celeb gossip page. Hot tea

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This needs to be ok the celeb gossip page. Hot tea
The accident cast a shadow over the city for years and she rocks up all “have you heard what’s happened” 🙄 And I remember the time she insulted a fat man who was losing tit tons of weight on TV and that put me right off her.

Just had a browse of her feed. Does she ever respond to any of her followers? I thought it was good to engage?

I see she’s now trying to own her sex work past with the quote ‘I’m an ex sex worker who can’t cook’. Is this her way of controlling the narrative to drown out those who have called her out? Either way, it’s not owning it unless she accepts she was a pimp who exploited women.

Reactions: 10
I see she’s now trying to own her sex work past with the quote ‘I’m an ex sex worker who can’t cook’. Is this her way of controlling the narrative to drown out those who have called her out? Either way, it’s not owning it unless she accepts she was a pimp who exploited women.
I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think she may now be owning it because the information is out there. Better to acknowledge than pretend it's not real, I guess.

Reactions: 2
I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think she may now be owning it because the information is out there. Better to acknowledge than pretend it's not real, I guess.
I just don't even get how she can pretend it didn't happen. There is evidence on the internet. YouTube videos (including the vice one where she was cooking) and even her blog that she tried to scrub from the internet (before sex after love) is still available via archive. It's just all silly. She proclaimed she was a sex worker and proud for sooo many years, at the time I remember admiring her for being open about it. It's all so ridiculous

Reactions: 7
I wonder if it's a response to what's being discussed in this thread? Agree with pancakesandspice that it is silly and pointless. I do grudgingly admire how she's kept plugging away at her blogs, youtube and so forth until she finally hit on a formula for internet fame - although it's obvious that mama and baby stuff would go down better than the sex work stuff.

How many sites has she had? Before sex after love, Before sex after baby, The tortoise with no hair, Cakes by Candie, plus Candie's Corner and Cake by Candie on Youtube. This screengrab is fabulous though.

IMG_4148.JPG

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I just can’t believe that wee Lorraines programme has become a landing spot for every pedant and prossie that’s graced the earth and now thinks they are a presenter 🙄 She can dress her “sex work” up all she likes she’s still a devious, aggressive pimp!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.