Cancer Influencers #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kate Lying-My-Arse-Off more like. Brain mets don't get cured by a trip to Mexico and some coffee up your bum!
Ah, right. I didn't know that she was not believed by so many people. That makes it even more curious. I mean - why lie on Instagram, where presumably all her friends and family can see her posts? Makes me think that there must be SOME truth in her NED status at the moment.

Lizzie England's stories have broke me :cry: Not only has she lost her beloved dog far too soon it looks like her progression is all over her abdomen. PET scan results not yet in so hoping there can be something positive for her. My heart breaks for her and her family 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I read them last night and am at a loss to describe how awful the whole situation is. I am heartbroken for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It's not kates time. I too found the whole results story very strange. If I were NED I would be shouting it from the rooftops. It was so underwhelming. She didn't seem to be happy at all and hasn't since. Can't put my finger on it. There's something not quite right.

Hi everyone, I am hoping you can help me with recommendations of some people who might be actually good to follow who have breast cancer??
I was diagnosed on the 12th September this year and I just feel like I cannot relate to people in my circle at the moment. I'm only 34 and I don't want to go to meet ups for cancer sufferers because a lot of people will be older and it's just not the same as having cancer young and being terrified of leaving your children behind.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Hi everyone, I am hoping you can help me with recommendations of some people who might be actually good to follow who have breast cancer??
I was diagnosed on the 12th September this year and I just feel like I cannot relate to people in my circle at the moment. I'm only 34 and I don't want to go to meet ups for cancer sufferers because a lot of people will be older and it's just not the same as having cancer young and being terrified of leaving your children behind.
Is your diagnosis for primary or secondary breast cancer?

Hoping it's primary but their are unfortunately signs it might be secondary at the moment.
My sister is on a closed private group on facebook thats very good its called the Secondary Breast Cancer Support Group, you have to request to join it but shes got loads of support from it (shes under 40 with young kids also)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. I don't follow many cancer IGers, only really Lizzi and Hannah but if you find you need to have a mastectomy there is a brilliant closed Facebook group called Flat Friends. It's (as the name suggests) mainly for women who are living flat either by choice or by failed reconstructive surgery. There are lots of younger women on there and even if you don't need a mastectomy or you choose to have reconstruction it's a lovely positive friendly place with loads of information.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you both 🩷 I will check them out
Don’t know where you are but there’s a charity in the North West called Sam’s Diamonds Cancer Support. My best friend has just finished her BC treatment and is getting support from them. I think the women who set it up was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was pretty young, not long after having a baby I think. If you’re not nearby they may have some online support or links to other groups more local to you.

I had a gynae cancer last year that normally affects women in their 60s and 70s. I’m in my mid 40s so totally get the frustration about not finding age appropriate support. My MacMillan team have been great at suggesting stuff so don’t be afraid to tap into them too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Don’t know where you are but there’s a charity in the North West called Sam’s Diamonds Cancer Support. My best friend has just finished her BC treatment and is getting support from them. I think the women who set it up was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was pretty young, not long after having a baby I think. If you’re not nearby they may have some online support or links to other groups more local to you.

I had a gynae cancer last year that normally affects women in their 60s and 70s. I’m in my mid 40s so totally get the frustration about not finding age appropriate support. My MacMillan team have been great at suggesting stuff so don’t be afraid to tap into them too.
Thank you, I hope you are doing well now 🩷

Reactions: 1
Just seen the news about Brogan, absolutely heartbreaking. My first thought when I saw it was actually Lizzie, she's had the most horrendous week and I am worried this will tip her over the edge 😥

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I didn't follow Brogan but I also saw Lizzi's post this morning and well, there are no words really are there. She's in my thoughts a lot.

Reactions: 4
Just seen the news about Brogan, absolutely heartbreaking. My first thought when I saw it was actually Lizzie, she's had the most horrendous week and I am worried this will tip her over the edge 😥
Same. I didnt follow Brogan, but gosh how awful and so sad 😔

i feel so bad for Lizzie, she’s having such an awful time

Reactions: 5
Lizzie was diagnosed as secondary with brogan, Vicky (who died earlier this year) and hattie. And then Nicky, too. And Lizzie is the last one of the small group of them. She must be going off her head :(

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Lizzie was diagnosed as secondary with brogan, Vicky (who died earlier this year) and hattie. And then Nicky, too. And Lizzie is the last one of the small group of them. She must be going off her head :(
I just can't imagine her dying because she always seems so vibrant and energetic but I guess we only see a snapshot on insta

Reactions: 6
Can anyone please update me on Lizzie? I was devastated when she blocked me. I don’t know why she did.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.