Cancer Influencers #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course they can!....I don't know why he doesn't phone his unit and get triaged - ( there's a nationally recognised triage system for oncology patients)
in our unit they'd be asked to come into day unit to be assessed if their symptoms warranted further investigation and then either be admitted onto oncology ward and if no beds there, then admitted to elsewhere in hospital, but would still be under care of oncology team
Absolutely. When I was going through chemo I rang the emergency helpline on a Sunday and they arranged for me to.be seen the same day . Maybe he is frightened but I couldn't wait until Monday and there is no need to . I hope he contacts them tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yeah they said that when GMB asked them for a comment - that they’d tried everything they could to get insurance - I just got the impression he didn’t accept it. And I don’t think he mentioned the money but god knows what’s going through his head. I think he’s quite angry but who wouldn’t be? Desperately unfair for him and his family and all the other people discussed here. We are still losing too many people ❤
Absolutely, the poor man must be so angry and scared. He looks like a completely different person in the pics from when he was on the show. It’s so very sad. 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 7
He would be better ringing up first thing and getting seen before the weekend rolls around and he ends up going in the middle of the night. Going at 2am like he has done previously would only make the wait he doesn’t want longer.

Reactions: 5
I unfollowed BB because he and I have what sounds like identical cancers but he got on my nerves in the end with his too-ing and fro-ing. Now reading all the above I went and had a look at his page. I had sepsis back in Feb and nearly died. As a result I have a complete phobia of hospitals and have panic attacks every time I'm going to chemo, blood tests etc so I can understand why he doesn't want to go yet. But this is his life!!! He has to realise that he is severely ill, he can't just wait another 4 days!!! All cancer patients have a number we can ring anytime that goes through to a cancer ward and they literally tell you what to do. Also don't know if it's just my hospital but I've never ever had to wait in A&E, you get rushed through being a cancer patient. He is so stupid not to ring that even. Hope he gets there eventually 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I unfollowed BB because he and I have what sounds like identical cancers but he got on my nerves in the end with his too-ing and fro-ing. Now reading all the above I went and had a look at his page. I had sepsis back in Feb and nearly died. As a result I have a complete phobia of hospitals and have panic attacks every time I'm going to chemo, blood tests etc so I can understand why he doesn't want to go yet. But this is his life!!! He has to realise that he is severely ill, he can't just wait another 4 days!!! All cancer patients have a number we can ring anytime that goes through to a cancer ward and they literally tell you what to do. Also don't know if it's just my hospital but I've never ever had to wait in A&E, you get rushed through being a cancer patient. He is so stupid not to ring that even. Hope he gets there eventually 🤷‍♀️
Do you think it could be sepsis he has?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Do you think it could be sepsis he has?
I doubt it, I'm guessing it's his liver as he mentions jaundice. I see he mentions ascites too which it could be but i really don't know. The main thing is it could turn to sepsis so he really needs to ring someone!!

Jaundice and ascites are classic signs of your living failing, I really hope he’s gone in.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I’m not sure it’s so much the waiting in A&E I think it could just be actually being in hospital altogether anymore than he has to be. He’s been quiet since the post so hopefully he has sought professional help at the hospital.
It’s an assumption that perhaps he has felt the deterioration and preferred to stay at home but only thinking short term impact. And I can’t imagine he’s the easiest person to change his mind.

Reactions: 3
Not that impressed with the plethora of “cancer influencers” trying to monetise their illness on my newsfeed today. You know tit is fucked up, when in one story she can barely breathe (Brogan), and in the next she is flinging up a discount code and a link for you to buy some overpriced skincare.

Reactions: 8
Not that impressed with the plethora of “cancer influencers” trying to monetise their illness on my newsfeed today. You know tit is fucked up, when in one story she can barely breathe (Brogan), and in the next she is flinging up a discount code and a link for you to buy some overpriced skincare.
Cancer influencers can be big money earners....pulling on your heartstrings....it's sick
I have a chronic , life limiting illness which affects all age groups , ( in which chemotherapy also plays a part along with immunosuppressant and disease modifying drugs) and none of the people I know on the patient support group or via Facebook have considered monetising their illness

• Heart
Cancer influencers can be big money earners....pulling on your heartstrings....it's sick
I have a chronic , life limiting illness which affects all age groups , ( in which chemotherapy also plays a part along with immunosuppressant and disease modifying drugs) and none of the people I know on the patient support group or via Facebook have considered monetising their illness
Pulling on your heartstrings for their benefit is exactly what they are doing.

We have been talking about it on Nicky’s thread today. In her stories, she has posted 10 different ads all with discount codes.

She got a positive scan result this week, and put a womens best ad on it!?!?! It currently has over 6000 comments on it. So she knew exactly what she was doing. It turns my stomach. It’s predatory behaviour. Not what you expect from someone who is suffering with a terminal illness

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Does it look like Rich could be at hospital ? A picture of him in a wheelchair with bare feet and looks like hospital flooring ?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.