Cancer Influencers #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I felt sorry for NNL for a moment, having to go through what she does and pleased she had great results…Then I saw the ad at the bottom of her ‘good news’ and realised how wrong I find this monetising cancer business 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I felt sorry for NNL for a moment, having to go through what she does and pleased she had great results…Then I saw the ad at the bottom of her ‘good news’ and realised how wrong I find this monetising cancer business 🤦🏼‍♀️
I know, I couldn’t believe it when I saw her hawking crap at the end of her post. I understand she needs to make a living but that’s a low move at the end of a good scan result, especially when so many others aren’t getting good news.

Reactions: 6
I just saw Natalie Woodward's stories about hate messages that she received, people are honestly vile. How can a sane person write such things to someone who suffered so much?? Imo Nat is a stunning lady with or without stoma. I wonder whether these are the same people who abandon their partners in illness, disgusting.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Rich’s update is concerning. Yellow skin. Got me wondering whether it really is cancer mets on the liver after all? Or is this just the natural progression of his disease? Or chemo side effects?

His dog is beautiful. Although I very much doubt anyone would break into his house anymore, especially with him waiting for you. One less thing Rich has to worry about, I guess.

• Sad
Rich’s update is concerning. Yellow skin. Got me wondering whether it really is cancer mets on the liver after all? Or is this just the natural progression of his disease? Or chemo side effects?

His dog is beautiful. Although I very much doubt anyone would break into his house anymore, especially with him waiting for you. One less thing Rich has to worry about, I guess.
Yeah, i thought that was pretty worrying update. Anything that involves jaundice in cancer land is not good, as your liver giving up is the last thing you want (and often the last thing that happens...).

Sounds more like progression than something chemo related but I am not an expert.

Either way, not good and he must be strong waiting until Monday with those symptoms. Poor bloke.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The jaundice was the worst sign with my Dad, he went from NED to sudden jaundice mere weeks apart, extreme pain and nausea (tbh what Rich is describing) to cancer everywhere, hospice and dead two weeks later 😞

God I bleeping hope it isn't progression, just after he finally had a plan too. He seems to spend his life having his hopes raised and the very next second completely torn down. It's so bleeping unfair.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve just seen Rich’s update. Are cancer patients not able to ring their team to be checked over or is it a case of sitting in A&E?

Reactions: 5
I’ve just seen Rich’s update. Are cancer patients not able to ring their team to be checked over or is it a case of sitting in A&E?
Of course they can!....I don't know why he doesn't phone his unit and get triaged - ( there's a nationally recognised triage system for oncology patients)
in our unit they'd be asked to come into day unit to be assessed if their symptoms warranted further investigation and then either be admitted onto oncology ward and if no beds there, then admitted to elsewhere in hospital, but would still be under care of oncology team

i don’t understand why he’s waiting until Monday to go in and be checked out? The symptoms sound horrendous. I wonder if he’s thinking it’s bad news so I’d rather wait until Monday than be told now?

I wouldn’t be sitting there with yellow skin, twiddling my thumbs until Monday. Hopefully his wife will make him see sense.

Reactions: 5
I feel so bad for him. The cancer journey is so relentless. So many of us are so lucky to have normal and mundane lives. I really hope it’s just exhaustion

Reactions: 13
I caught a bit of this interview with Jonnie Irvin, he has terminal cancer that started in his lungs and spread to his brain. Three kids under the age of (soon to be 4). He was quite frank about messages or comments he gets on social media and also that A Place in the Sun sacked him for having cancer.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Delaying going to hospital, isn’t going to change what’s happening in BBs body, but it could help to prevent, stop, slow a situation. I don’t understand his thinking. He’s very very stubborn, I feel sorry for Lisa in this. She has to watch him in paint he needs to be in a hospital.

• Sad
The jaundice was the worst sign with my Dad, he went from NED to sudden jaundice mere weeks apart, extreme pain and nausea (tbh what Rich is describing) to cancer everywhere, hospice and dead two weeks later 😞

God I bleeping hope it isn't progression, just after he finally had a plan too. He seems to spend his life having his hopes raised and the very next second completely torn down. It's so bleeping unfair.
My Grandad was sick and they thought it was gall stones. Then he went jaundice and it turned out to be pancreatic cancer, his bile duct was also riddled. He died 8 weeks later even after having Whipples surgery. The cancer was too far spread

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Bowelbro should definitely go to hospital with those symptoms! But I can imagine he is terrified of what they will say/find! I get where he is coming from, I was in a lot of pain..refused to go to hospital for 4 days...finally went to my GP as a compromise with my husband and the GP sent me straight to hospital where I had my worst fear confirmed. It wasn't a clever idea when your feeling so poorly but I get that he might be trying to avoid any bad news. :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I caught a bit of this interview with Jonnie Irvin, he has terminal cancer that started in his lungs and spread to his brain. Three kids under the age of (soon to be 4). He was quite frank about messages or comments he gets on social media and also that A Place in the Sun sacked him for having cancer.

From what I gathered earlier, APITS said that they were unable to get insurance for him when he found out he had cancer in 2020, which was especially concerning at the height of of Covid. But they still paid him for the rest of the series he’d started filming on? It’s still tit he couldn’t carry on afterwards when he still wanted to work of course.

It’s a terrible shame about his prognosis with such young children as well.

• Sad
From what I gathered earlier, APITS said that they were unable to get insurance for him when he found out he had cancer in 2020, which was especially concerning at the height of of Covid. But they still paid him for the rest of the series he’d started filming on? It’s still tit he couldn’t carry on afterwards when he still wanted to work of course.

It’s a terrible shame about his prognosis with such young children as well.
Yeah they said that when GMB asked them for a comment - that they’d tried everything they could to get insurance - I just got the impression he didn’t accept it. And I don’t think he mentioned the money but god knows what’s going through his head. I think he’s quite angry but who wouldn’t be? Desperately unfair for him and his family and all the other people discussed here. We are still losing too many people ❤

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.