Calling in sick

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my gosh petty tit like this drives me mad.

My partner had to go into hospital with kidney stones years ago so it was up to me to call his employer (McDonald’s at the time) to tell them he wouldn't be in for a couple of days. All I remember at the time is that they tried to ask me to get him to call himself, I was like well no because he’s laid up in hospital with no signal you idiot, me calling up on his behalf should be good enough, and then I hung up on them.

I think even if you had died some work places would still expect you to call up yourself to confirm🙄
That last sentence just reminded me of this. If I don’t laugh at the truth of it I’ll just cry 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I will now if I need it but always feel guilty. My manager now is so nice and understanding, if we say we need to go we can go.

Whilst at my last job I developed pneumonia after what felt like a mild chest infection. Called in sick ONCE and I wish I still had the screenshots. First tried guilt tripping me, then when he realised it was pneumonia he was like oh tit no worries, then by 3pm that SAME day he was pestering me to be back in the next day. Needless to say I went in the next day.

He blew my phone tf up. I didn't need the hassle. Definitely hindered my recovery but I was fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Oh my gosh petty tit like this drives me mad.

My partner had to go into hospital with kidney stones years ago so it was up to me to call his employer (McDonald’s at the time) to tell them he wouldn't be in for a couple of days. All I remember at the time is that they tried to ask me to get him to call himself, I was like well no because he’s laid up in hospital with no signal you idiot, me calling up on his behalf should be good enough, and then I hung up on them.

I think even if you had died some work places would still expect you to call up yourself to confirm🙄
I honestly sat there in the meeting shaking my head, I had been awake for 60hrs by Sunday searching for my BIL who was only discovered as he had a crappy tattoo on his arm as his face was a mess. I had to call my MIL, my husband was devastated... sure I called on the wrong day. STFU.

honestly the NHS is the worst. Way back when I was a HCSW, I was written up AGAIN to HR as in the period of 6 months my Nana died, I had a bowel perforation and then surgery. I was off 4 times. I was only 21, and my manager came to the meeting with me and tore strips off HR.

What do employers expect???

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I got back from A&E at 3am and emailed work to say I wouldn't be in the following day along with photo evidence I was there. I never even received a reply. Nice to know I work for a caring family :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
in my current job, my boss will sometimes respond and others he won’t bother. So it obviously doesn’t help the anxiety. I’ve got another appt today at 3 with my doc because of constant back pain which just won’t go away and it’s really starting to affect me now as il wake during the night with it and unable to get comfortable to get back over again. I plan to go back to work tomorrow but it’s just stressing me out and making me anxious/overthink etc, I totally dread tomorrow morning.