Call the Midwife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone died make it sister Monica Joan!
I am back and eh no to this i love Sister monica only one that makes me laugh.... Catching up on this thread and aint it exciting that this is the only uk programme i watch and forget about it on the daily :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think the episode was so much better because there was less obvious social distancing, I think the emotion has been lacking towards the start of the series

Reactions: 4
I swear to god if Phyllis is the one that dies I’m organising a Tattle outing we’re off to Heidi’s for answers

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve become so disillusioned with this show, that I hadn’t even bothered watching Sunday’s episode. Came on here to catch up instead and caught on it was a good one, so just watched it! I’m now hooked again. Why wait until the penultimate episode to make it good?! In all honestly, I’m happy if either Sister Julienne or Dr Turner…or both…die. The doctor though of course will have to pull through enough to pass on enough wisdom to Timothy, and for them to make up, before he takes his last breath.

Reactions: 4
Had a pizza and it got me thinking..
Dr Turner is defo a meat feast kinda guy, 100%
15 inch, the works 👌
Offers Shelagh the thinnest slice, she replies with "Oh Patrick" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Had a pizza and it got me thinking..
Dr Turner is defo a meat feast kinda guy, 100%
15 inch, the works 👌
Offers Shelagh the thinnest slice, she replies with "Oh Patrick" 😂
Afterwards he lights a cigarette and she says "may I? I know I shouldn't, but a couple of wee puffs won't hurt me" he hands her the lit cigarette and with a patronising tone says "Here, you deserve it Shelagh"
End of scene.

Is Heidi worried about Shelagh and Turners chemistry? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Cast members don't give plot spoilers away in interviews and I think all interviews were given before the christmas special.

That's how things get leaked and I don't think it's fair. Sorry.
Then why would you post on a public forum that you have insider info?? What did you expect to be the outcome of that 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Then why would you post on a public forum that you have insider info?? What did you expect to be the outcome of that 😂
I did say in my OP that I wouldn't be giving details with regards to the final episode - I do have insider info and very foolishly thought some actual fans of the show would like to know things about the cast, filming constraints etc.

As a huge fan of the show from the beginning I personally was fascinated but hey some people just want to know the ending so they can tell Joe Blog 😂

Reactions: 2
I did say in my OP that I wouldn't be giving details with regards to the final episode - I do have insider info and very foolishly thought some actual fans of the show would like to know things about the cast, filming constraints etc.

As a huge fan of the show from the beginning I personally was fascinated but hey some people just want to know the ending so they can tell Joe Blog 😂
I definitely don’t want any spoilers on the final episode because otherwise it quite literally spoils it. Would love any other tidbits you have though 😊

I was hoping for some T on Dr Turner; does he really think he's a real doctor? 😂
This is the sort of question I was expecting to get asked (not 'oh please spoil the last episode').

I didn't hear of him going around set 'thinking he's a real doctor' but I can say that it doesn't take much for him to get into his 'character' - but there is a lot of 'eye rolling' when he's about - a bit like 'oh him AGAIN'.

I definitely don’t want any spoilers on the final episode because otherwise it quite literally spoils it. Would love any other tidbits you have though 😊
Thank you, that's why I said I wouldn't give any - I am open to questions and will answer any if I can.

And can I just say I am so looking forward to Sunday nights episode.

This is the sort of question I was expecting to get asked (not 'oh please spoil the last episode').

I didn't hear of him going around set 'thinking he's a real doctor' but I can say that it doesn't take much for him to get into his 'character' - but there is a lot of 'eye rolling' when he's about - a bit like 'oh him AGAIN'.

Thank you, that's why I said I wouldn't give any - I am open to questions and will answer any if I can.

And can I just say I am so looking forward to Sunday nights episode.
Are there any on set divas with wimples being thrown around?

• Haha
  • Heart
Are there any on set divas with wimples being thrown around?
mmm now that is interesting - I don't think I would use the term 'diva' but Sister MJ definitely got a lot of respect. Her hair colour under the wimple took some getting used to - but I think the crew really respected her age.
I feel I do have to say Sister Julienne wasn't about a lot but she was also filming The Railway Children, so that might explain her absence in the show - I don't believe ever had much contact with her.

Last edited:
Well thats where all the seasons money and effort went :p

I'd like to see Sister Hilda step up to the job after her little power struggle with Shelagh earlier & she would be a more modern nun in a changing time.

I didn't hear of him going around set 'thinking he's a real doctor' but I can say that it doesn't take much for him to get into his 'character' - but there is a lot of 'eye rolling' when he's about
Haha, doesn't surprise me but very funny. He comes across as so self important on twitter. Thanks for the gossip!

Reactions: 1
I've just found this thread! My guess (probably wrong and I hope so as I kind of want him to have a coming out storyline, even though I'm not a fan of his character) is that Timothy will die whilst looking for his dad who's already been rescued

I think some people may have misinterpreted your "insider info" comment as a "plot reveal" before episodes have aired. I personally wouldn't want to see any spoilers as it ruins it. It's like knowing what a gift is before you've unwrapped it.

But we do like a game of Prediction Bingo where we try and guess what might happen to a character or where a storyline might be heading.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.