Call the Midwife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohhh Phyllis saying her life has just changed...

Birthed a miracle child in Nonatus house could still happen yet 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Really cannot go the extreme social distancing on the show any more. Cyril was told he was going to be a dad and they just held hands across the table! Sick of them smiling across the kitchen at each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Really cannot go the extreme social distancing on the show any more. Cyril was told he was going to be a dad and they just held hands across the table! Sick of them smiling across the kitchen at each other.
And the date where Trixie is walking a metre behind him (Also, no ice cream for trixie? Where are his manners?)
I think I read on here that the actress who plays trixie was pregnant during the filming and now I can't help noticing how they hide her stomach, as well as all the social distancing

Reactions: 10
I did think this haha! surely they could have formed little bubbles so that those in their direct storyline they could be closer to? like lucile and Cyril, the nuns, trixie and the posh man, etc etc (not forgetting the centre of the drama, the turners lol!)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There were a few times when it was really obvious tonight, like when Sister Hilda had to stretch across the table to get her cup of coffee, Trixie bloke practically throwing the flowers at her and standing miles away from the door, and St Turner reached out to hold Sammys hand. There were also a lot of fake baby bundles. I'm not saying they should have real babies in every scene but they should attempt to make it look realistic, you know, with it being a show about babies!

I don't know why they couldn't bubble up the actors, especially Cyril and Lucille so that they don't look so obviously distanced. It would probably be a headache to do it for the whole cast, but they share a lot of scenes together and they really don't look like they're into each other by standing so far apart!

Reactions: 13
I'm starting to sense a prediction for a storyline, based on the homosexuality news item on the tv in the Turner house. We've never seen Tim show interest in girls - nothing wrong with that though. He'll discover his sexuality at university and come out to his dad and Sheila. Stephen McGann will give a BAFTA winning performance by acting out Dr Turner's very liberal approach and declaring to everyone that "my son is gay and I'm so proud!"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I'm starting to sense a prediction for a storyline, based on the homosexuality news item on the tv in the Turner house. We've never seen Tim show interest in girls - nothing wrong with that though. He'll discover his sexuality at university and come out to his dad and Sheila. Stephen McGann will give a BAFTA winning performance by acting out Dr Turner's very liberal approach and declaring to everyone that "my son is gay and I'm so proud!"
together with an anecdote about how he was once gay, I swear dr T has a personal story to tell everyone hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 22
together with an anecdote about how he was once gay, I swear dr T has a personal story to tell everyone hahahaha
Yes that's true. Whatever his patients are going through, he's always got his own personal experience to share with them. Remember that episode when the married dad-to-be was caught in a gents toilet and charged with indecent exposure? Dr Turner told Sheila how he'd seen his army comrades have same-sex relations during WW2. He gave some lecture about men who needed physical comfort or who were hiding a secret life. He's seen it all hasn't he, such a worldly man!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
So that’s the Christmas special storyline sorted for this year Lucille will give birth as she’s obviously going to be pregnant.
That explains why episode 1 of this current series started at Easter, so that Lucille's due date coincides with Christmas.

Reactions: 9
Gosh this series is going downhill! I used to look forward to every series and episode but these days I am on my phone at the same time, as I am just finding them a bit boring. The social distancing is awful and so off putting. It seems to be the only show (that I watch) doing it so badly. Dr T being front and centre is also annoying. The show is about the nuns and midwives….or at least meant to be!!!!
I wonder with the second mention of chicken pox this series, and now Lucille’s pregnancy are they going to go down a complication route? Also Barbara and Tom have had a couple of mentions so I wonder if just as Trixie & Matthew are getting it on finally, is Tom going to return and reunite with her?

Reactions: 7
Gosh this series is going downhill! I used to look forward to every series and episode but these days I am on my phone at the same time, as I am just finding them a bit boring. The social distancing is awful and so off putting. It seems to be the only show (that I watch) doing it so badly. Dr T being front and centre is also annoying. The show is about the nuns and midwives….or at least meant to be!!!!
I wonder with the second mention of chicken pox this series, and now Lucille’s pregnancy are they going to go down a complication route? Also Barbara and Tom have had a couple of mentions so I wonder if just as Trixie & Matthew are getting it on finally, is Tom going to return and reunite with her?
I hope so- i think.Trixie has matured and now would br ready for life with Tom. They could also share a trailer on set and commute in together seeing as they are a real life couple too

Reactions: 5
I hope so- i think.Trixie has matured and now would br ready for life with Tom. They could also share a trailer on set and commute in together seeing as they are a real life couple too
And take it turns with the new baby 😍

Reactions: 3
Are they?? So she's pregnant with their baby?

Are they?? So she's pregnant with their baby?
Helen George who plays Trixie has 2 little girls with Jack Ashton who played Tom. One is a recent new arrival hence the bump hiding this series. Wren and Lark.

Reactions: 4
I wouldn’t want to see trixie end up with tom, but I wouldn’t mind a scene with no badly thought out distancing 🤣

WHY are the baby bundles so bad, how hard is it to wrap up a doll?

Reactions: 5
Remember in the earlier series when the nuns would sing hymns in the chapel in almost every episode? I wonder why they stopped that. It was such a lovely touch. The show is really turning into the midwifery version of Casualty.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Yes that's true. Whatever his patients are going through, he's always got his own personal experience to share with them. Remember that episode when the married dad-to-be was caught in a gents toilet and charged with indecent exposure? Dr Turner told Sheila how he'd seen his army comrades have same-sex relations during WW2. He gave some lecture about men who needed physical comfort or who were hiding a secret life. He's seen it all hasn't he, such a worldly man!
I think I remember that episode. It was horribly sad. Although Dr Turner was always sanctimonious and annoying, he did seem more 'of his time' in that ep- compassionate, yes, but not a trailblazing pioneer for gay rights....didn't he prescribe hormones or something?

Reactions: 1
Remember in the earlier series when the nuns would sing hymns in the chapel in almost every episode? I wonder why they stopped that. It was such a lovely touch. The show is really turning into the midwifery version of Casualty.
They always had extra nuns that you never saw other than in the Chapel. I noticed they were missing in the last episode, obviously covid restrictions preventing them from being in it!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.