Call the Midwife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think it was a mistake to skip forward by a few years? It’s already 1967 now. How much further will this go
I wish they had slowed down a bit, there's no reason why each series has to cover a year. By having a Christmas special every year that is set at Christmas, they are forcing themselves to move at a quicker pace.

Reactions: 3
I wish they had slowed down a bit, there's no reason why each series has to cover a year. By having a Christmas special every year that is set at Christmas, they are forcing themselves to move at a quicker pace.
Yes and they jumped straight to Easter which looked so bright and sunny it had to be April

Its not just Heidi Thomas writing now- Johnathan Harvey (gimme gimme gimme, several soaps) got a writing credit this week.
I used to cry at every episode but now its jot the same. I dont like the bloke they are desperate to pair Trixie off with.
We are up to 1967- will it carry on into the 70s or will it be stuck in a 60s timezone like heartbeat was?

Reactions: 6
The distancing is really off putting. Watching a supposed husband and wife sitting at opposite ends of the room having a conversation just looks odd.

Nancy and the foot, oh my 🤢

Again with the distancing and the shocker of a kiss but just yes to Trixie and Matthew 😍 Please let this be her happy ending.
The council meeting scene, 3 tables surely they would all be at the same table! The social distancing is so noticeable & off putting!!
I don’t believe the cast stay 2 metres apart when they aren’t filming. Surely they are all tested regularly & vaccinated etc I’ve found the last 2 series boring not a patch on the first few!

Reactions: 8
Oh yes! She was awful to Cyril when they first met. They could have done so much with her character, but they’ve just made her irritating
I remember the scene when they first met. Cyril was working underneath a car and Lucille deliberately bashed him with her bicycle wheel to get him to move out of her way. I thought that was rude of her.

Reactions: 5
Its not just Heidi Thomas writing now- Johnathan Harvey (gimme gimme gimme, several soaps) got a writing credit this week.
I used to cry at every episode but now its jot the same. I dont like the bloke they are desperate to pair Trixie off with.
We are up to 1967- will it carry on into the 70s or will it be stuck in a 60s timezone like heartbeat was?
Doesn’t he write for Coronation Street too?

Reactions: 1
Maybe it'll be more of Call the Midwife again rather than Call Dr Turner with the new writer.

Reactions: 2
I can’t stop thinking about that foot scene, it’s haunting me!

• Heart
I watched the ten year special, interesting that Dr T describes the Turner family as the “centre” of the drama.
It isn’t! The bloody midwives and nuns are the centre

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I watched the ten year special, interesting that Dr T describes the Turner family as the “centre” of the drama.
Ugh. I guess that’s it now. Bloody turners. I loved the first couple of series when it was about the nuns

Reactions: 6
Not gonna lie the Trixie x widower relationship seems kinda forced to me
Totally agree. It's like 'Trixie's nearly 40, lets find her any eligible man, even if we have to kill his wife off first'.
I'm really not feeling it at all

Exactly. It’s call the Midwife … not Call The Turners 😂

• Haha
Guys what do you think is Lucille's "unexpected news" in the next ep? 🤔
Everyone's saying preggers but seems too obvious tho 🤷🏾‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.