Call the Midwife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Heidi Thomas is interviewed on an episode of Fortunately on the BBC Sounds App. I found her irritating.

Reactions: 5
An alright episode!
Nancy and the foot was a real plot twist!
So so happy for trixie

The writers appear to need a lesson in “show, don’t tell”, was there no other way to explain why meths drinkers were around the place than to have Dr twit do a monologue about homelessness?

A line a really laughed at

- this is a formal complaint, ive got my smart coat on!

Reactions: 8
Just caught up on last night. The 2 meter social distancing is as obvious 🤣 it’s not as bad in any other show!! The leg sweet Christ almighty 😵💫😵💫😳😵💫!
It’s hopping too much trying to be woke & then sticks back to the time.
an unmarried mother to be, hiding her bump & having to get married before baby’s born to keep her singing career…. Then a 360 on let’s help the homeless.
Half expecting a trans gender teen to pop up next week & for Dr Turner to carry out the first 1960s surgery to convert a penis into a vagina!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I honestly haven’t really noticed the social distancing but then I’m blind as a bat without my glasses.
My least favourite character is Sheila, I much preferred her when she was a nun. She’s just so twee & “capable”. She can turn her hand to anything. I bet she knits her own yoghurts.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I didn't sleep last night because of the foot scene.
Did bbc warn us before that was shown, honestly thinking about writing to points of view.

• Haha
I didn't sleep last night because of the foot scene.
Did bbc warn us before that was shown, honestly thinking about writing to points of view.
Working in care....and a vets has made me very meh to such situations now 🤣

Reactions: 4
I don't know about you guys but I really dislike the district nursing part of the show
It's so boring 😂

Reactions: 3
I’m not keen on nurse corrigan, I just can’t take to her like the others. She seems another that’s shoe horned into stories that have nothing to do with her

Reactions: 10
I’m not keen on nurse corrigan, I just can’t take to her like the others. She seems another that’s shoe horned into stories that have nothing to do with her
Yeah I’m not a fan of her either. Seems a weird fit for the show. Saying that, Lucille irritates me as well. She’s so stereotyped. My Mum is a Windrush nurse and she doesn’t say “Precious” every other word 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I haven't taken to Nancy either. It jars with me how she's been allowed to remain living under the same roof as the nuns when she revealed she had a secret daughter and that she's unmarried. I would've thought that was scandalous at that time.
Yeah I’m not a fan of her either. Seems a weird fit for the show. Saying that, Lucille irritates me as well. She’s so stereotyped. My Mum is a Windrush nurse and she doesn’t say “Precious” every other word 😂
That too is the one thing I've found irritating with Lucille in how she calls patients Precious. I felt the same irritation when Valerie kept calling patients Chick. I find it unprofessional and over familiar.

That too is the one thing I've found irritating with Lucille in how she calls patients Precious. I felt the same irritation when Valerie kept calling patients Chick. I find it unprofessional and over familiar.
At first I thought it was endearing they each had a pet name for patients (sweetie, lass, chick, precious) but at this stage it's very over done and, as you said, feels unprofessional! Not a sentence goes past without Lucille says precious 😴

I wish Trixie had more air time but I suppose she must have been pregnant whilst filming the current series?

Reactions: 7
Do you think it was a mistake to skip forward by a few years? It’s already 1967 now. How much further will this go

Reactions: 3
I really don't like Lucille, can't put my finger on why but the "Precious" thing doesn't help. I also don't think she's particularly nice to Cyril who I think is lovely! I zone out whenever she's prominent in a scene. I didn't like Jenny either. Barbara and Phyllis are my favourite midwives and Sister Hilda is my favourite nun- I wish we could see more of her.

I do like the district nursing stories though, it brings a bit of variety. There's only so many dramatic births they can do.

I know it’s down to filming schedule but I prefer winter scenes. There were a few in the Christmas episode where you could see their breath when talking so not fake winter, really filmed in summer. The spring/ summer scenes seem as though everything is sunny in the world and everything is rosy, when the winter episodes add a bit of grit to the story. Just my personal preference

I really don't like Lucille, can't put my finger on why but the "Precious" thing doesn't help. I also don't think she's particularly nice to Cyril who I think is lovely! I zone out whenever she's prominent in a scene. I didn't like Jenny either. Barbara and Phyllis are my favourite midwives and Sister Hilda is my favourite nun- I wish we could see more of her.

I do like the district nursing stories though, it brings a bit of variety. There's only so many dramatic births they can do.
Oh yes! She was awful to Cyril when they first met. They could have done so much with her character, but they’ve just made her irritating

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.