Call the Midwife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It pisses me off how the Turner’s kids have to be front and centre at every celebration 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Is it just me that thinks tonight the social distancing is even more noticeable? It seems like everyone is standing 10ft apart and just looking at each other across rooms
Especially with that shite kiss!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Well I can't believe I'm about to say this but I didn't enjoy tonight's episode. I felt I was watching a spin-off show. Poor Sister Hilda getting her nose pushed out in favour of Mrs Perfect Turner.

Reactions: 8
I don't know if it's just me, but all the expectant fathers in this show seem to look the same 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I liked tonight's episode. Poor Nancy that scene will never leave me. I wasn't sure if I was watching CTM or some dreadful gore film. Good lort!

Reactions: 7
The distancing is really off putting. Watching a supposed husband and wife sitting at opposite ends of the room having a conversation just looks odd.

Nancy and the foot, oh my 🤢

Again with the distancing and the shocker of a kiss but just yes to Trixie and Matthew 😍 Please let this be her happy ending.

Reactions: 8
Well I can't believe I'm about to say this but I didn't enjoy tonight's episode. I felt I was watching a spin-off show. Poor Sister Hilda getting her nose pushed out in favour of Mrs Perfect Turner.
I totally agree. Tonight is the first time ever I’ve not really paid attention to it properly. It felt like it was missing something

Reactions: 3
I totally agree. Tonight is the first time ever I’ve not really paid attention to it properly. It felt like it was missing something
I thought they'd eventually realise that sister hilda should do the celebrations and the moral lesson will be about sharing responsibility or something but no, Mrs Turner (I can't remember her first name) gets to run it while her husband single handedly tries to save the whole of popular with soft eyes and a gentle voice

Fred was excellent in this episode. I really liked youngest midwife (sorry, I'm awful at names!) and Nancy sharing rounds as the younger generation together. I guess they're about the same age but their lives have taken such different directions with one being an unmarried (kinda secret) mother and the other a nun but both being midwives.

I wonder how The Order will look at Trixie and Matthew getting together? Since she nursed his dying wife and he's now their benefactor, I can't imagine their relationship would be considered appropriate but I guess this is before HR was a thing. Actually, i don't think there was any kickback from Mrs Turner dropping the veil to marry the doctor either? Everyone just smiled on

Reactions: 6
It’s so jarring. I don’t know how they’ve managed to make it so noticeable. Other dramas and soaps managed filming the the time
I commented that the council meeting was ahead of its time having all the councillors social distancing at their own tables. When Sister Julienne had a funny turn she was reading out and holding on to Fred by her fingertips! Every time they passed something between each other they overstretched and practically threw it to each other. Even the soaps aren't this bad!

When I tell you I SCREAMED when the foot fell off 😱😱 And then Dr Turner is holding it and gagging, put it down ffs!! God that was a drastic switch in tone lol. The social distancing is really getting distracting now, it’s so off-putting. That kiss between Trixie and Matthew looked so stupid.

Reactions: 6
Well that was shite. They need new writers, who won’t be favouring one actor. They based the early ones on Jennifer worths books , so maybe they need to find midwives from the time and ask them for their stories and use them let them see the scripts and make sure they are accurate too,

I only watch cos I need to see Trixie have her happy ending

They need to get rid of Heidi Thomas. What used to be gritty and life affirming in it's early seasons is now twee and too right on. The production company need to bring in some new blood.

Oh and send Dr Turner on some sort of retreat for a year.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
They need to get rid of Heidi Thomas. What used to be gritty and life affirming in it's early seasons is now twee and too right on. The production company need to bring in some new blood.

He could go to help in a poor country and never return, then again half the time would be oh look midwives dr Turner wrote to us let’s talk about how wonderful he is 😂

• Haha
I thought they'd eventually realise that sister hilda should do the celebrations and the moral lesson will be about sharing responsibility or something but no, Mrs Turner (I can't remember her first name) gets to run it while her husband single handedly tries to save the whole of popular with soft eyes and a gentle voice

Fred was excellent in this episode. I really liked youngest midwife (sorry, I'm awful at names!) and Nancy sharing rounds as the younger generation together. I guess they're about the same age but their lives have taken such different directions with one being an unmarried (kinda secret) mother and the other a nun but both being midwives.

I wonder how The Order will look at Trixie and Matthew getting together? Since she nursed his dying wife and he's now their benefactor, I can't imagine their relationship would be considered appropriate but I guess this is before HR was a thing. Actually, i don't think there was any kickback from Mrs Turner dropping the veil to marry the doctor either? Everyone just smiled on
I thought the same, that Sheila and Sister Hilda would end up sharing the responsibility of organising the centenary.

I've often wondered if it's historically accurate that an unmarried mother, like Nancy, would be permitted to live under the same roof as the nuns. Despite Nancy's qualifications and training, wouldn't there be the morality and reputation of The Order to consider?

I've often wondered if it's historically accurate that an unmarried mother, like Nancy, would be permitted to live under the same roof as the nuns. Despite Nancy's qualifications and training, wouldn't there be the morality and reputation of The Order to consider?
I'm surprised sister Julienne let her stay. I expected her to be thrown out the door. Unmarried mothers were still looked down upon decades after.

Tempted to make a change.org petition 😂

• Haha

Sadly I doubt that would happen. With Heidi being married to the actor who plays Dr Turner, there is conflict of interest/nepotism at play.

Last night all Cyril did was bring a can of hairspray to Violet and help Fred blow some balloons up. Is that the best the writers can do for that character? I can't help but feel that Cyril is there just to satisfy the box ticking quota of the BBC.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.