Call the Midwife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know but its better then most of the rubbish thats on tv at minute honestly i am bored of everything tv/socials ect

Reactions: 2
Don't get me wrong I love it too, but it was better than this, really thought provoking and had me googling all sorts. It's in 1967 now, can it really move much further into the future.
If it ends, it will be when midwives as they are were basically cut completely and most births were in hospital and guess the midwives will be moved over to NHS bases like hospitals?

Reactions: 5
This programme has decreased in quality over the years. It's a joke now to be honest. I'm fast forwarding like a mad woman! I'm only watching for Trixie at this point.

How old is Trixie meant to be? Helen George is 37, Trixie can't be the same age surely. To be that age unmarried without children, wouldn't that have been strange in the 60's?
Hardly unheard of- they didn't pack you off to the home for spinsters in 1967

If it ends, it will be when midwives as they are were basically cut completely and most births were in hospital and guess the midwives will be moved over to NHS bases like hospitals?
id watch if it was set in a hospital. Be nice to see 70s and 80s. Around the time I was born and see how things changed .

Reactions: 7
It may run until Dr Turner’s retirement and then a spin off of his retirement 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Apparently the real life nuns who this show was based off worked in community nursing and drug addicts/homeless/ people in poverty once all the babies were born in hospitals in the 70's & 80's...that could be interesting TV.

I think they should have Dr Turner break his leg next series and have Timothy stand in. They can bump him off then and Timothy can be the GP but without the God complex.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
the rich bloke is proper fit isn’t he 🤣
I’ve been wondering how much longer it can go on for, not that I want it to end, I love it

Reactions: 17
I think they should have Dr Turner break his leg next series and have Timothy stand in. They can bump him off then and Timothy can be the GP but without the God complex.
Timothy is as wet as his dad and Sheila, but I could get on board with bumping him off. 🤣.

(Dr Turner Snr of course)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If trixie doesn’t get a happy ending this series I’ll cry!
Other things this series I would love to see is may’s adoption finalising, and more reggie because I love him!
What are you guys wanting over the series?

Reactions: 13
Final appearance of sister Monica Joan tbh 🤭
Her character is boring now imo, not as cheeky as she was in the earlier series. I just find her annoying now 😂
I don't want her killed off or anything though. Just want her sent to the Mother house or something 😁🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Less of the Turners and more miwives/nuns. If also like it to be less twee and politically correct. If like to see more gritty storylines and a better reflection of attitudes of the times. Everyone is too accepting and liberal!

The storyline of the buried babies left me with questions. The woman who gave birth to them wasn't charged by the police. Did her mental state or circumstances cancel out the facts of concealment of birth/death and the unlawful burial of the babies? There was no mention of how she explained to neighbours or friends at the time about the absence of two babies despite the fact that her pregnancies were most likely visible to other people around her.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.