Call the Midwife #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
did think it odd she just sat Trixie down not even caring nylon had burnt onto her skin. Not sure there would just be superficial burns. Thought it was very twee the mother of the year award going to Sister Julienne, if anything give it to Nurse Crane!
I’d have another baby just so Phyllis could deliver it and call me ‘lass’ ♥

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I have the whole series to watch yet, which I would usually be delighted about.

Having a stash of them to binge watch if I wanted to. But I'm not sure I can be bothered.
I missed 3 eps & just watched the last 2 eps. I feel I didn't miss much

Reactions: 2
I always love how Dr Turner delivers tough messages… “Mr Chopra, your kidneys are failing”.
He’s so sombre 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is no one going to mention Angela,’s reaction to finding out she was adopted?
”Thank you for choosing me!” she grinned. 🤢
Ffs.
Perhaps she was just relieved that she’s not genetically related to them! 😜
Oh and how do you spell exemplary? 🙄
This episode Sheila did an “oh Timothy!” 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 15
did think it odd she just sat Trixie down not even caring nylon had burnt onto her skin. Not sure there would just be superficial burns. Thought it was very twee the mother of the year award going to Sister Julienne, if anything give it to Nurse Crane!
This is Trixie we're talking about, they will be silk stockings, thank you very much, no man made fibres for Lady Aylward! 😂😂

• Haha
I know it can be a bit cheesy and bad but I adore Miss Higgins and Nurse Crane and that episode made me cry😢

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Trixie setting herself alight killed me 😂😂 it was the better episode of this series, but still ridiculous
And then she goes home and has a hot bath(!!) and changes into clingy satin pyjamas!! Was the medical adviser having a tea break from the turner’s endless supply when that part of the script was green lit?

Reactions: 5
Regards the pacing I do think they treat some storylines very poorly seemingly thinking the audience are unable to cope with stories been stretched beyond 1 or 2 episodes. Last episode where the poor teen had been SA by her stepdad could have worked as a developed plot line focused on when he returned and the effect this had on her. But again tidied up in an episode. Millicent’s son and family at latest should have been introduced in Ep 3 or 4 for it to have the emotional reaction needed.
They managed it for the back street abortions - that was a superb story line!

The Joyce storyline ending was an insult to anyone (including myself) who has suffered from domestic violence.
Are we really meant to believe that all is takes is a few stern words and the door slammed in the perpetrator’s face for everything to be fine? A round of applause from the women and possibly some tea to celebrate?!
Of course, he could return for the next series but it seemed pretty wrapped up and dealt with.

Love how Sister Julienne has casually ignored the fact her top newly qualified has commited major fraud, too.

Reactions: 9
I think that’s what makes the most recent series so frustrating - they used to tackle proper storylines with arcs that ran across multiple episodes. Backstreet abortions, thalidomide, TB, mental health, alcoholism. All really well handled. Now everything feels like a sickly sweet twee drama with the odd minor crisis shoehorned in.

They spent as much time on Sister MJ’s ridiculous hunger strike for the astronauts as they did on the revelation that Miss Higgins has a secret son, their reunion and his death!

Reactions: 18
I really like the actor who plays Trixie’s brother. He’s a fab actor who can portray a mood with just a nuanced expression. Going to look him up and see what else he’s been in

• Heart
Reactions: 11
They should kill Sister MJ off in the Christmas special. That would be a nice touch. She can even have some dramatic storyline where she walks through the snow to get help for a birthing woman then gets ill and kicks the bucket. Either way that woman needs to go. They also need to get Vanessa Redgrave some lozenges, her narration was painful this series.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m nitpicking but I thought some of those slides of miss Higgins and the baby in India were really bad photoshop. They could at least got a photo of the actress Georgie Glen when she was around 20 and put that in it rather than a woman who looked nothing like her. She has a very distinctive face and jawline. Would have taken 5 minutes on reface app 😂

I don't watch this on a regular basis but I just crinched that Miss Higgins's long lost son just HAD to die, all these years and he pops his clogs as soon as he meets her, is it necessary to be sooo cheesy about everything. And Trixie is a spoilt madam, no doubt looking for the next sugar daddy.

I’m nitpicking but I thought some of those slides of miss Higgins and the baby in India were really bad photoshop. They could at least got a photo of the actress Georgie Glen when she was around 20 and put that in it rather than a woman who looked nothing like her. She has a very distinctive face and jawline. Would have taken 5 minutes on reface app 😂
Your comment prompted me to Google Georgie Glen, I'm actually quite surprised to learn she's only 67! I assumed she'd be older. I think Miss Higgins character presents as maybe a little older

I’d have another baby just so Phyllis could deliver it and call me ‘lass’ ♥
She would be one of the only nurses I’d want near me if I were ill. Sister Julienne also ❤
---
I don't watch this on a regular basis but I just crinched that Miss Higgins's long lost son just HAD to die, all these years and he pops his clogs as soon as he meets her, is it necessary to be sooo cheesy about everything. And Trixie is a spoilt madam, no doubt looking for the next sugar daddy.
Ok this was during my tea break. Took about 3 mins.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7