Call the Midwife #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand why they keep running these “near death” storylines for the main characters.
Focus more on the patients and their stories…

Reactions: 4
I think Matthew is going to be forced to admit he’s bankrupt, possibly after poor investments but his and Trixie’s relationship is already on thin ice. Cue a ‘I don’t mind about the money but I do mind that you lied to me’ from Trixie. It might just end there and they will all have moved on by the start of the next series.

Reactions: 1
I actually don’t think there’s one character that don’t grate on me now, it’s a shame

Reactions: 2
I do hope we get an update on those 2 little girls from yesterdays episode, that was quite a heavy storyline for them to never been seen again.
I like it when they brought back babies we already knew for updates further on in the series

Reactions: 10
Also, I’m sorry but I was born & raised in East London and there’s no way those mothers wouldn’t be telling Dr Turner the know all & his condescending wife to f**k right off!

Reactions: 3
Just finished it. The beach rescue scene was shockingly bad. It was quite obviously filmed in 2 feet of water.
I have to say I won’t miss Matthew at all.

Reactions: 3
The swimming out to save Mai was so funny i think the best actor that episode was little Danielle the olde girl with Retinoblastoma I diagnosed it before they did my hubby was like how did you know …. Its so obvious these episodes are ridiculous

Reactions: 1
I get that if we actually watched a genuinely realistic drama set in that time it would be perhaps too harsh for the Sunday night slot with all the dripping racism and misogyny of the times but they seem to manage to get the hospital doctors tone right. They are always detached, aloof and pretty uncaring and that seems quite spot on. Why does the rest have to be a rose-tinted affair?

Reactions: 4
but they seem to manage to get the hospital doctors tone right. They are always detached, aloof and pretty uncaring and that seems quite spot on. Why does the rest have to be a rose-tinted affair?
That's only because it shows Saint Doctor Turner in a good light 😂 there can't be more than one perfect doctor in the show at the same time!

Reactions: 6
Two things I found hilarious about that episode

the fact that it was meant to be a summer trip but it was filmed during storm Agnes and everyone was visibly struggling with the cold/wind

and

I was rolling around laughing at the wailing coming from Dr Turner and wife in the hospital corridor. I don’t know why I just found it hilarious.

Really not enjoying this series at all. All too predictable and wrapped up pretty much all nice and neatly

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Two things I found hilarious about that episode

the fact that it was meant to be a summer trip but it was filmed during storm Agnes and everyone was visibly struggling with the cold/wind

and

I was rolling around laughing at the wailing coming from Dr Turner and wife in the hospital corridor. I don’t know why I just found it hilarious.

Really not enjoying this series at all. All too predictable and wrapped up pretty much all nice and neatly
I couldn’t stop laughing at the wailing, “ohhhh Patrickkk” 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My family used to joke that the Turner Children were paid by the 'Yay' as that was all they ever said. I wish we could go back to the days of yay. I feel bad for being mean about child actors, but I have seen better acting in a nativity play.

The last few episodes I have been getting annoyed by Trixie, and in this episode she was especially obnoxious. She is treating Mathew like a magic money tree, even if he wasn't having money issues it comes across really badly how she just assumes he will pay for anything she wants without question, and ignores the fact that he very obviously appears stressed about money.

I get that he is trying to shield her from the truth of what is going on, but I don't understand how she cannot pick.up his very obvious signals that he is not okay with what she is doing.

In the scene when she was discussing a preschool for Jonty so she and Mathew could spend more time together, I started to wonder if Jonty will grow up remembering her as if she was the evil stepmother from a fairytale, packing him off to a private school/nursery, swanning around town draining his father's money and ignoring the fact that his father looked literally ill from the stress of it all.

As much as I don't like the fact that it looks like ctm will split up yet another couple, I like the fact that both characters seem to be contributing to the failure of the relationship.

Reactions: 7
What an awful episode that was. I was cringing, rolling my eyes and laughing. The hammy acting was embarrassing. Predictable as usual - Mai made a miraculous recovery and I think it will be obvious that the adoption storyline will end happily ever after tied up in a neat bow.

Reactions: 2
Binging atm from series one.

Nancy Corrigan has just turned up. Can someone reassure me Dr Turner isn’t going to diagnose her with ADHD or whatever it was referred to in the sixties?