Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe they wrote him off to stop gossip about him and Helen George breaking up with their partners around the same time. By getting rid of him, the attention stays on the series
But he is a character. Surely people can separate him from the real world actor!🤦🏼‍♀️ Strictly hasn’t been cancelled despite numerous affairs etc!

Reactions: 3
What was the point in them getting married if they were going to write him out?

Reactions: 4
What was the point in them getting married if they were going to write him out?
Totally agree!!!

And I really hope they don't kill him off and leave that wee boy an orphan for Trixie to get into a custody battle with Matthews rich family!!!

(I know these people aren't real 🤣🤣🤣)

Reactions: 5
Maybe they wrote him off to stop gossip about him and Helen George breaking up with their partners around the same time. By getting rid of him, the attention stays on the series
Rumour has it that he was written out because the rest of the cast were fed up with getting splinters from his wooden acting!
I’ll get my coat… 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 16
He may have looked at Dr Turner the wrong way some time in April and his card was marked.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm worried this means Helen George is leaving too. It just wouldn't be the same without Trixie :cry: It really makes no sense to write out Matthew when Trixie has just got her happy ending. I'd be okay with them pretending Matthew is still around you just never see him but it's not ideal. The way this show writes out characters is always so bad, it's infuriating.

Reactions: 12
I'm worried this means Helen George is leaving too. It just wouldn't be the same without Trixie :cry: It really makes no sense to write out Matthew when Trixie has just got her happy ending. I'd be okay with them pretending Matthew is still around you just never see him but it's not ideal. The way this show writes out characters is always so bad, it's infuriating.
I will never forget the way they wrote Chummie out, with her husband hanging around for a while and then he disappears too. I do wish they would give people better exit storylines.

Gutted they are writing Matthew out, I do hope Trixie stays but I also don't want them to break her heart after all these years. Haha, completely normal acting like these characters are real.

Reactions: 11
Anyone know why Chummie left? was it Miranda's decision? she was such a good character. Even if she only featured a couple of times a series it would have been a great addition.

Rumour has it that he was written out because the rest of the cast were fed up with getting splinters from his wooden acting!
I’ll get my coat… 😜
You’re absolutely right that he’s a terrible actor, but if Stephen McGann can get away with the acting range of a beer mat I don’t see why anyone else can’t. I really like Trixie - couldn’t they let her have a bit of happiness for once?

Thinking along the same lines, is Cyril coming back? Are they planning on finally admitting that Leonie has quit Lucille is staying in Jamaica?

Reactions: 9
Anyone know why Chummie left? was it Miranda's decision? she was such a good character. Even if she only featured a couple of times a series it would have been a great addition.
I'm pretty sure it was because she was too busy at the time. It was why she was only in a few episodes for a while before she vanished. I presume they just mutually decided to not have her in the show anymore.

I will never forget the way they wrote Chummie out, with her husband hanging around for a while and then he disappears too. I do wish they would give people better exit storylines.

Gutted they are writing Matthew out, I do hope Trixie stays but I also don't want them to break her heart after all these years. Haha, completely normal acting like these characters are real.
I was devastated when Val left with no goodbye episode, she’s still my favourite 😭
---
Has it been 100% confirmed Olly is leaving?
I would have thought if it was fake they would have put a statement out by now!

I was devastated when Val left with no goodbye episode, she’s still my favourite 😭
---

I would have thought if it was fake they would have put a statement out by now!
I loved Val too, her Season was one of my favourites, with the all episode storyline about the backstreet abortionist. I never suspected who it was. I would love Val to come back. Also Sister Frances needs to return pronto.

Reactions: 5
You’re absolutely right that he’s a terrible actor, but if Stephen McGann can get away with the acting range of a beer mat I don’t see why anyone else can’t. I really like Trixie - couldn’t they let her have a bit of happiness for once?

Thinking along the same lines, is Cyril coming back? Are they planning on finally admitting that Leonie has quit Lucille is staying in Jamaica?
I can't cope with Cyril being all earnest on his own.

Reactions: 4
See as much as I love Trixie her character has literally done nothing for years... I'm not sure how much I'd actually miss her if they brought in some new midwives that had a good presence.

Another experienced midwife or someone with training like Val could definitely take her place in the show.

That's not to say I want Helen George to leave as the way she says sweetie warms my heart!

Reactions: 6
Surely the only realistic way for Olly to leave is for him to be killed off. Trixie & Matthew have only just gotten married. I don’t know what Heidi Thomas is thinking and she better not get any of these ideas about Cyril.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.