Caitlin Moran #did not stay at home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
None of this sounds in any way "new" discussion points does it?
It sounds more like quite flimsy material for a column rather than a whole book.
Didn't she tweet a while ago asking 'what is great about men?' so no doubt that makes up much of her source material.
I would love to know the reaction if a man wrote a book hopefully to start talking about women and girls in a new way.

(There will no doubt be a chapter on David Bowie. And masterbation).

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It sounds more like quite flimsy material for a column rather than a whole book.
Didn't she tweet a while ago asking 'what is great about men?' so no doubt that makes up much of her source material.
I would love to know the reaction if a man wrote a book hopefully to start talking about women and girls in a new way.

(There will no doubt be a chapter on David Bowie. And masterbation).
I’m just wondering how she can she possibly link this topic back to her childhood and living in a council house.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Do men do this? I cannot remember any adult male I know this it sounds like something from school
I don't think she has a great knowledge of adult males. She got together with her husband very young and doesn't seem to hang around with men that much. One or two gay friends (who of us doesn't these days), but her knowledge of straight men seems based on a handful of tired cliches.

Reactions: 13
Didn't she put a call out on Twitter for this
new book and Richard Herring was more or less like, I've covered all of this already?

• Haha
I don't think she has a great knowledge of adult males. She got together with her husband very young and doesn't seem to hang around with men that much. One or two gay friends (who of us doesn't these days), but her knowledge of straight men seems based on a handful of tired cliches.
She has some awful straight male friends like that John Niven character

The appalling Baddiel has written a glowing blurb.
He's another one who has positioned himself as an 'expert' on various things.

Screenshot_20230623_155719.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 10
I would agree and also that the men she does know are confined to her middle class circle. I actually quite fancy hate reading it but I don’t want to pay money.

Reactions: 10
Men do talk about cocks and balls among themselves, and about wanking, a lot.
I’m not a man, but I agree (or so I’ve been told). I know a lot of what men think and do is driven by their dick, but I was surprised that they talked about it amongst friends. On the flip side, I think some men would be surprised how much women talk about sex (although not in the same way). I remember watching Bridesmaids once where Kirsten Wiig was talking about shagging Jon Hamm and my husband was aghast to hear that women actually do talk like that 🙄

Reactions: 4
I don't see how what men talk about regarding their cock and balls is interesting content for a book

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m not surprised she’s written this one. She’s SO male-focused.

She can’t even write about feminism without it inevitably ending up being about The Beatles, Bowie, or her husband and his nice cardigan.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’m not a man, but I agree (or so I’ve been told). I know a lot of what men think and do is driven by their dick, but I was surprised that they talked about it amongst friends. On the flip side, I think some men would be surprised how much women talk about sex (although not in the same way). I remember watching Bridesmaids once where Kirsten Wiig was talking about shagging Jon Hamm and my husband was aghast to hear that women actually do talk like that 🙄
From a very simplistic view, women talk about sex and stuff, but not usually in front of men and men give less of a duck who they say it in front off.

I'm a bisexual man with quite a lot of female friends, fwiw.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.