Caitlin Moran #2 She’s just insulting everyone’s intelligence now

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know a few people who went to that I think! I was never brave enough. I was a student and felt a bit intimidated by everyone.
I made my friend come with me! She wasn’t on it and I don’t think we spoke to anyone but we wanted to see if we knew anyone or saw anyone famous (we didn’t). It was exciting though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Didn't she say she became a moderator on the popbitch board? But it was incredibly cliquey and quite laddish and she felt excluded? That it was OK to joke about other people but when it was about her she didn't like it? (Not sure any of us would tbf).
I was on it too sometimes - people were very funny. I was amazed they predicted, goodness knows how, Madonna's unborn child was going to be a boy called Rocco.
I heard poster Rev Goatboy had died a while ago.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Didn't she say she became a moderator on the popbitch board? But it was incredibly cliquey and quite laddish and she felt excluded? That it was OK to joke about other people but when it was about her she didn't like it? (Not sure any of us would tbf).
I was on it too sometimes - people were very funny. I was amazed they predicted, goodness knows how, Madonna's unborn child was going to be a boy called Rocco.
I heard poster Rev Goatboy had died a while ago.
Yeah he did. I never met him IRL but he was great and much loved. He was a huge Jimmy Saville truther before it all came out and he never got to see vindication, bless him.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yeah, the rev died in 2007. I can’t believe it’s been so long. indiekid got sick and died very quickly while the board was still going, I was so shocked. I loved it on there, some great people, I laughed so hard at so much

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah, the rev died in 2007. I can’t believe it’s been so long. indiekid got sick and died very quickly while the board was still going, I was so shocked. I loved it on there, some great people, I laughed so hard at so much
2007? Bloody hell. It was a very funny and clever place. I mostly lurked tbh. A lot of truth behind the jokes.
I always wondered if the Rev was a well known person irl.

Reactions: 4
I nearly got sacked for being on it constantly at work in my first serious office job in 2002. I had to basically lock myself out of my account for my own good in the end. Fortunately I keep my Tattle usage on my phone and on breaktimes these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Popbitch had the latest on the 7/7 bombings before the news. I messaged my husband with it as it came on the board, he told his office mates and it came on the tv 20 minutes later - they were amazed!

Reactions: 6
Yeah he did. I never met him IRL but he was great and much loved. He was a huge Jimmy Saville truther before it all came out and he never got to see vindication, bless him.
He also had some very lurid stories about Leon Britain in the same vein. I always wondered how he knew.

Reactions: 7
I nearly got sacked for being on it constantly at work in my first serious office job in 2002. I had to basically lock myself out of my account for my own good in the end. Fortunately I keep my Tattle usage on my phone and on breaktimes these days.
I used to get side eyed for it but didn’t get in actual trouble. I was there a lot between 2001 and 2004ish I think. Then wandered off to make friends elsewhere.
I remember trying to get on the board on 9/11 but it was impossible.
---
Popbitch had the latest on the 7/7 bombings before the news. I messaged my husband with it as it came on the board, he told his office mates and it came on the tv 20 minutes later - they were amazed!
Oh yeah! When the news was reporting an article electrical fault or whatever it was PB had the scoop.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
2007? Bloody hell. It was a very funny and clever place. I mostly lurked tbh. A lot of truth behind the jokes.
I always wondered if the Rev was a well known person irl.
This blog has a photo of him in his youth. His real name was Paul Hadwen and he was from Leeds, hence the Savile knowledge. I think he worked at a roadie for Motorhead which might have been when his music industry connections started.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Am I the only person here who not only wasn’t on popbitch but never even heard of it?!! I feel a bit like I’ve been hiding in a cave waiting for the war to end for 30 years 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Am I the only person here who not only wasn’t on popbitch but never even heard of it?!! I feel a bit like I’ve been hiding in a cave waiting for the war to end for 30 years 🤣
Omg no, I’d heard of it, and then learned more through Tattle, but I was never on it, and had no idea it was such a thing.

I’m impressed with your memories! I lurked there for so long but can barely remember a thing. I do remember them knowing the name of Rocco Richie before it was announced though.

Reactions: 2
I’m impressed with your memories! I lurked there for so long but can barely remember a thing. I do remember them knowing the name of Rocco Richie before it was announced though.
You and I must have lurked around the same time! The Rocco thing was bonkers.
But tbf Tattle predicted Mollie Mae's baby was going to be called Bambi before she was even born 😂
I only really remember Rev Goatboy's name from PB. I'd love it if some were preserved somewhere to read through again.

Reactions: 3
She was LordVenger. I remember it well. Am still friends with lots of people from the PB board. There were a lot of offshoot boards too and a lot of rivalry. LV used to attract a lot of fawning from the people who knew who she was.
Corn Laws!