Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Glortard

VIP Member
Very normal response as expected… once again look how you’ve escalated the conversation to this point. I’m just as worried about sexual violence as the average woman feels, but that fear and worry has historically been caused by the actions of men. Remember that.

This is completely off topic now and shouldn’t go any further on this thread - it’s for people to rant/rave about busy Philipps, I’m sure there is somewhere elsewhere on this forum that the rest can be discussed but that’s not the purpose of the initial thread. Mods???
When Busy Phillips has a child who has been labelled non binary and she constantly talks about trans issues then trans issues are likely to be discussed. You go to a Holly Williouby thread and trans issues will not be debated/discussed as she never mentions anything about it. There clearly is no point debating anything with you are you are not capable of it still in your handmaiden bubble.

Reactions: 8

Rahrah

Busy should not have ether of the girls on her socials. I know she asks ‘permission’ to post about them/photos but they are children and she should be protecting them. Cricket is most probably saying no at the moment. Birdie is at that funny, attention seeking age and really their personal, and possibly changeable identity should have been kept private so she does not have to ‘come out’ again to millions of people.
It’s a massive big bear of mine that children of influencers have no legal protections, are exploited in their own homes by there own parents and have no way of escaping the camera.

Reactions: 7
Is there a Kelly Oxford thread? I used to follow her from her Xanga blogging days. She looks so weird now!! All she does is talk about how she’s poor and posts thirst traps to get people to read her work. It is so so odd. Is this just what LA does to people?!

Spilttea

VIP Member
It’s no wonder that a precocious self obsessed navel gazing parent is going to raise a precocious brat of a child and woe betide anyone that doesn’t pander to said child.

She is a jobbing actress in a town where women of her age get given short shrift so to a degree I understand her attention whoring. But if she didn’t have a famous best friend she wouldn’t get half the attention she does.

She would just be one of those used to be famous LA people who now have to branch out to presenting and podcasts because the roles have dried up. Popping up at the opening of an envelope and friends with the other used to be famous people and lower tier Hollywood wives.

weeweegie

VIP Member
Listening to Busy on another podcast and she confirmed that Birdie no longer identifies as non binary. She’s happy being a girl. So there we go.

• Haha
  • Wow

weeweegie

VIP Member
She is wilfully ignoring the problems with trans ideology in order to keep in with her Hollywood ‘right side of history’ crowd. I think she genuinely has a good heart and won’t let her mind go to any place that truly questions the TRAs, because then the whole house of cards all come crashing down. She’s sticking her fingers in her ears. It’s sad because she’s a strong feminist in other areas. But as soon as a dude puts a dress on, you can’t say a f***ing thing 🤐

weeweegie

VIP Member
Haha glad you started up this thread again because I needed to comment about this to someone…was watching her stories the other day (they mystify me) and she did the telltale teeth lick that major sugar heads tend to do. I mean, it makes a lot of sense given her…quirky…behaviour (and her weight loss over the years!) but still, if you’ve powdered your nose generously perhaps don’t go make a IG story with your kid! 🤷‍♀️
Thanks for indulging me! No one I know IRL really knows who she is so I have no one to gossip to!

I didn’t notice that about teeth lick but I would not be surprised. One of the things I can’t stand about her is the way she boasts about all the drugs she took as a teenager. Trying so hard to be cool it’s actually painful to watch. And even now, delights in talking about getting high. No judgement to anyone smoking pot (as they call it over there). But it doesn’t make you cool in any way. Especially when you have kids who I’m sure could easily watch your insta stories (her older child anyway). Her erratic behaviour suggests there’s maybe some sort of drug dependance going on.

I find it so hard listening to her podcast for a number of reasons. Firstly her anger at the world and how ungrateful she seems for everything she has in life. Nothing is ever good enough. I get that she probably has MH problems but it just sounds like hysterical whinging. Also, I find it so hard listening to her trying not to misgender her oldest kid. You can hear her pausing before saying they/them. It just makes me so sad and (irrationally) annoyed at Birdie, for buying in to the non binary bs and causing pain to her mother so she can never call her her daughter again. Apologies if this causes offence to whoever is reading, just my opinion.

Also, Marc. He’s almost never mentioned anywhere. I listened to another podcast that she was a guest on and she called him ‘my kids father’ which I thought was an odd way to describe your husband. I understand she would want to keep any problems quiet but it just feels like they are not even a couple?

I could talk a lot more about her but would be here all night 🤣🤣

• Angry

weeweegie

VIP Member
Omg I’ve tried listening to her podcast this week but could only get about twenty minutes in and have to stop. Busy and Caissie’s take on the oscars incident. I’m just cringing so bad. They are PETRIFIED of saying anything against Will Smith because he’s black. They don’t think he should have been taken out of the theatre because of the way police treat black men 🤦🏻‍♀️ Ok so basically black men can do whatever they want and there’s no repercussions? Just go around smacking people on stage. Wow. Listening to Caissie going on about how white wonen have no right to judge (then goes on to judge everyone else who has shared their opinions) - Caissie c’mon!! It happened in front of the world. Every person on the planet has an opinion on it. What Will did was wrong and defending him is so hypocritical. They were just so scared to put a foot wrong or say the wrong thing. It was painful to listen to so I had to stop. Ugh. I just need to majorly cut all ties with Busy now. She annoys me far too much. And don’t get me started on all the trans stuff she’s sharing 😩

ReginaPhalangee

VIP Member
I’ve been assuming she’s on something for the last couple of years. She was never overweight but has visibly lost a fair amount quite fast and seems very emotionally unstable. Would explain why she thinks the over sharing is a good idea. It’s a shame as I liked her in Dawson’s Creek and Cougar Town but she’s just irritating now.

Reactions: 6

weeweegie

VIP Member
Maybe now the TRAs will stop trying to correct Busy in her comments every time she addresses Birdie as a girl in her insta captions...
It’s not even TRAs I don’t think, it’s just super woke ‘allies’ usually women just like Busy who would rather die than get someone’s pronoun wrong on random celeb’s insta. The type that post ‘protect trans kids’ ✊ you know the kind I mean.

It would be good if Busy acknowledged the change back to girl on her insta but I can imagine it’s a bit embarrassing and not very cool. On the pod I was listening to she was quick to clarify Birdie is still ‘queer’. Of course she is, she is super special and different and gifted and nothing like other kids her age 🙄

• Haha

Spurgyrose

Thanks for indulging me! No one I know IRL really knows who she is so I have no one to gossip to!

I didn’t notice that about teeth lick but I would not be surprised. One of the things I can’t stand about her is the way she boasts about all the drugs she took as a teenager. Trying so hard to be cool it’s actually painful to watch. And even now, delights in talking about getting high. No judgement to anyone smoking pot (as they call it over there). But it doesn’t make you cool in any way. Especially when you have kids who I’m sure could easily watch your insta stories (her older child anyway). Her erratic behaviour suggests there’s maybe some sort of drug dependance going on.

I find it so hard listening to her podcast for a number of reasons. Firstly her anger at the world and how ungrateful she seems for everything she has in life. Nothing is ever good enough. I get that she probably has MH problems but it just sounds like hysterical whinging. Also, I find it so hard listening to her trying not to misgender her oldest kid. You can hear her pausing before saying they/them. It just makes me so sad and (irrationally) annoyed at Birdie, for buying in to the non binary bs and causing pain to her mother so she can never call her her daughter again. Apologies if this causes offence to whoever is reading, just my opinion.

Also, Marc. He’s almost never mentioned anywhere. I listened to another podcast that she was a guest on and she called him ‘my kids father’ which I thought was an odd way to describe your husband. I understand she would want to keep any problems quiet but it just feels like they are not even a couple?

I could talk a lot more about her but would be here all night 🤣🤣
I'm not a fan of any parent discussing their child's gender/sexual identity without them, it's no one's story to tell but the individuals'. It's even more gross when it is quite obviously being used for the parent's clout, which really seems to be the case with a lot of celebs. I also kind of side eye the "coming out" as non-binary coinciding perfectly with Birdy starting to develop their own on-stage/screen career. I can't help but find it disingenuous even if it is 100% genuine.

Yes, her husband is nowhere to be seen! That's 100% their own business, but considering the painfully excessive amount of oversharing she does - here's a completely useless IG story of me drinking coffee at 6 am! - you'd think her husband would pop up here or there. It really underscores his absence, like you'd think she'd have thought about how that looks a little, at least.

I could never listen to her podcast! First I don't like podcasts, second she is the type of celeb activist I LOATHE. No clue what they're talking about and their main goal is to bring attention to themselves.

Vanelope

VIP Member
Is Birdie really going to boarding school in Sweden because of an obsession with Young Royals? (Teen drama set in Swedish boarding school). Cos I loved Mallory Towers but I didn’t get to go there… I wonder if school in NY is a bit difficult.

• Wow

fcukthispoo

I don’t think there is but I find her a puzzle. The constant TikTok’s are odd. And the asking people to pay for her Substack in order for her to feed her kids is odd and sad. I think she needs to go and get a ‘normal’ job.

Her and Busy were so close when B lived in LA but you don’t see her mention her much these days. That’s not to say they are not still friends. But on Busy’s podcast recently she shouted out all her female friends and she didn’t mention Kelly.
There definitely needs to be a Kelly Oxford thread...! She also used to be besties with Jenny Lewis. She honestly comes across SO desperate and with narcissistic tendencies. I had to unfollow as it was too cringe and cheugy

Spilttea

VIP Member
Her voice is like fingernails down a blackboard for me. Cannot stand her. Forever riding the coat tails of her more successful friends. Her and Kelly Oxford documenting their mid life crisis via Insta is embarrassing.

Mrs Stan

Is she still a Thing? I remember her from Dawson's Creek and ER 😳 Now I feel ancient 👵:ROFLMAO:
That's twice in two days this site has made me feel old
*shakes cane at young 'uns*

• Haha
  • Heart

weeweegie

VIP Member
I'd love to know whether they're separated or not cos like you say, her social media presence is that of a single mother. She hasn't seemed "right" to me for a couple of years and I hope she's okay. Hard agree re puberty blockers: I find it very hard to believe she hasn't done her research, which begs the question why is she parroting that they're reversible, no long-term effects etc?
Has anyone seen Girls 5eva? It's on my list but haven't got round to it yet. The last thing I saw her act in was ER - is she still good?
I actually think she’s a good actress but she plays these vacant valley girl characters which she’s obviously good at but I’d love to see her in a grittier role. I’d watch girls5eva, what is it on here? Sky?

She’s well and truly on the gender woo woo train now but I don’t think she used to be. She said on her podcast when she was announcing about Birdie that she didn’t understand what non binary was and didn’t think it was a thing but it was Marc that convinced her that of course Birdie is neither male or female! 😂(why would she be male though??) anyway she did question things a bit initially but she’s so brainwashed now and will go long with whatever Birdie says. She lives in fear that if she doesn’t then Birdie might do something stupid so from that point of view I do get it. She is just trying to keep her child alive (dramatic but in her head that’s what she’ll be thinking to justify all the nb nonsense).

She mentioned a while ago that she knows people who laugh and say ‘all the teens are non binary these days’ and the fact that there’s a school in LA where like 95% of the student body are trans or nb and she had friends or knew people who were saying it’s got to be a fad etc. But Busy thinks all the kids at that school really ARE trans and nb and how dare people be sceptical about it 🙄🙄🙄 is she naive or just stupid? I don’t think she’s a stupid woman. I think she’s very intelligent actually. But even intelligent people get captured by a cult like ideology, she is no exception.

Just a thought, maybe if all the parents of these kids also said they were non binary, do you think these kids still would be? Patents should call their bluff and see how they like having to refer to their parents as they/them. Wouldn’t be as trendy wouldn’t? Busy should come out as non binary, I bet Birdie would be back to she/her quicker than you can say ‘it’s all a load of bollocks’ 😂😂

• Haha