Brummymummyof2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the NY video.
It could have been good if 97% of it wasn’t stuck in her own face! She hardly showed any of the sites. Eg on the high line and ferry she was going on about the views and could have shown us so much. However there was no sign of it for us- she kept the camera on herself!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
I watched the NY video.
It could have been good if 97% of it wasn’t stuck in her own face! She hardly showed any of the sites. Eg on the high line and ferry she was going on about the views and could have shown us so much. However there was no sign of it for us- she kept the camera on herself!!
Agree 100%. The other thing that struck me was the amount of sugar her kids were eating. The boy starts playing up so she takes him to a sweet shop?! And I feel really sorry for anyone staying in that hotel at the same time as them. I know it was only a toy drum kit but who would let their kids bang that thing while the girl is singing at top volume while you're staying in a hotel? Absolutely no consideration for other people.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Agree 100%. The other thing that struck me was the amount of sugar her kids were eating. The boy starts playing up so she takes him to a sweet shop?! And I feel really sorry for anyone staying in that hotel at the same time as them. I know it was only a toy drum kit but who would let their kids bang that thing while the girl is singing at top volume while you're staying in a hotel? Absolutely no consideration for other people.
Yet she was complaining that there weren't a lot of sugar-free drinks in America. :rolleyes: It makes me laugh when UK floggers think that just because it's sugar free means it's okay to consume. Sugar substitutes aren't as great as you might think. I'd rather just have regular sugar and consume way less of it. I can't wait to see what cancer numbers are going to be like in 15-20 years.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Not enough sugar free drinks in the US? They are (unfortunately) everywhere! And guess what, Emma? Water is sugar free!

How the hell did they get the drum kit home?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I was watching the NY vlog and now my daughter wants an American girl doll. I had a quick look online, they are about £180 - sod that!
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I was watching the NY vlog and now my daughter wants an American girl doll. I had a quick look online, they are about £180 - sod that!
Yeh, that was yet another Brummy special. Goes in, tells daughter that she categorically will NOT be getting another American Girl doll. Comes out with another American Girl doll. ? Way to go, Emma!
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Yet she was complaining that there weren't a lot of sugar-free drinks in America. :rolleyes: It makes me laugh when UK floggers think that just because it's sugar free means it's okay to consume. Sugar substitutes aren't as great as you might think. I'd rather just have regular sugar and consume way less of it. I can't wait to see what cancer numbers are going to be like in 15-20 years.
I have no problems telling my patients that I personally drink two cans of Coca Cola a week and they’re much better doing that as a “treat” than daily diet cokes.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I’m absolutely hooked on Diet Coke. Might give it up for lent
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I’m absolutely hooked on Diet Coke. Might give it up for lent
Ha, sorry! Sweeteners aren’t great, they give a lot of people headaches but because it’s zero calories we think it’s good for us.
 
That NYC haul was as painful as we expected ... And she did that bit at the end about being different to other vloggers, even gave some shade to the Mummy brigade, then just went to the same boring shops that everyone ALWAYS goes to. Here's an idea, why not use the opportunity of being in NYC to go to some shops that haven't been featured about a gazillion times already? Because, you know, there are A LOT of shops in NYC not just bloody Bath & Body Works and Sephora ... yawn ... come on, Emma, dare to be different!

And what was that about buying a hundred weight of American sweets so she can get her kids to taste test them because the kids aren't in her vlogs very much? Seriously? They're in just about every week!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
All that Rae Dunn!! How many mugs??

The American girl dolls in America are not as expensive. Here they are sold via a third party so someone buying from the USA, paying for shipping and taxes and then adding profit on top. If you buy in America they are roughly $80-$100. So much cheaper.

My daughter has a double of Leah grace. Doll of the year 2016. She’s asked me to list her on eBay.

They are different to our generation dolls but our generation dolls are fab as well. About £30-40 for a doll and so many accessories. You can use our generation stuff for American girl and vice versa. The our generation Ice cream truck is fantastic. Lots of play.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
All that Rae Dunn!! How many mugs??

The American girl dolls in America are not as expensive. Here they are sold via a third party so someone buying from the USA, paying for shipping and taxes and then adding profit on top. If you buy in America they are roughly $80-$100. So much cheaper.

My daughter has a double of Leah grace. Doll of the year 2016. She’s asked me to list her on eBay.

They are different to our generation dolls but our generation dolls are fab as well. About £30-40 for a doll and so many accessories. You can use our generation stuff for American girl and vice versa. The our generation Ice cream truck is fantastic. Lots of play.
8 mugs... 8! Who needs that many mugs? I understand 1 or 2 to bring back but 8, thats just insane
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
only just caught up on the NYC vlog I was really looking forward to an informational vlog about taking kids to New York but it was literally just her head and the hotel room which looked very dated ( not that that's a problem its only somewhere to put your head down) it could of been such a beautiful vlog full of family info but it was just rubbish
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Her explanation is always that this is instead of collecting designer bags. Some of us don’t collect designer bags?!!! Also, she does have designer bags!! Who is she kidding?! She had Gucci & she spent £180 on one to carry her laptop last month
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
And with the mugs that are the same but with a different word on, how do you chose which to drink out of? I quite like mugs, but not on that scale
 
Okay, mind blown by her latest post.
She intends to go back to teaching as a lecturer! No matter what she did before, it wasn’t for long enough and she will have had too big a gap in her teaching career to just go into being a lecturer!

Also, she said she likes talking in panels at uni like today as she find the blogging super shallow.
Wait- hold the bleeping phone! She perpetuates the shallowness of the industry with her blogs and videos and by talking about the industry to help train others going into it just shares that shallowness further!
?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
She’s going into schools and uni’s this week and says she wants to go back as a lecturer one day. I actually think she would be a really good teacher, she does get passionate about things, you can see by her post today that doing something real is giving her energy, I hope she goes back one day, blogging is not real life
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
I think she would be a fantastic teacher. However, I agree with the previous poster that I’d hope university lecturers had a lot more experience and wider scope of knowledge than “creating content”
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I watched the NY video.
It could have been good if 97% of it wasn’t stuck in her own face! She hardly showed any of the sites. Eg on the high line and ferry she was going on about the views and could have shown us so much. However there was no sign of it for us- she kept the camera on herself!!
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that she’s become lazy when editing? I mean they were never exactly movies but before they seemed to be a bit more put together but now they seem very basic
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.