Brummy Mummy #52 IBS - Irritating Bab syndrome

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I’m late this morning (Covid/home school/house jobs, in that bloody real world some of us have to live in) but SATC?? Really? I used to love it at uni when I could sort of relate to it, and I say sort of because it’s not real life now, is it? But watching it again a couple of years ago I just thought it was ridiculous and Carrie is bloody awful. I know it was ground breaking in its day but I feel like the movies, esp the second, ruined it all by showing them as spoilt women who are never happy with what they have.
What am I saying?? Clearly Babs can relate to being a spoilt woman who is never happy 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
An excuse to shove crap down her gullet.
I have never felt like I needed a whole cake, perhaps I need an extra snack which a yoghurt and a piece of fruit usually does the trick. I don't actually know how she consumes all of this food with high fat, sugar and salt content without being sick

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And she tagged Sarah Jessica Parker in the post as if she's going to comment.

Maybe in the new series Carrie will ditch her designer dresses and Jimmy choos for some crappy old stinky pleather leggins and Nikes à la Kebab. And of course the headband.

Kebab is a style icon, don't you know.

Maybe Carrie will be a youtuber now rather than writer vlogging from her pit of doom while Mr Big sleeps in another room.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
She's being so irritating. I just want her to stop being so amazed by her own mundane life. There's nothing wrong with having an ordinary life - I have one myself and I love it. But I also don't insist on sharing every aspect of it with everyone on the planet because I recognise that they too, are living their own normal lives.
This!! Im sure none of us consider our lives "boring" per se, but nor are we deluded enough to think that thousands of people want to watch us going about our daily lives. I've had quite a busy morning; got up early when my husband left for work, got my housework out the way, had breakfast with my kid, we walked the dog together, she started her homeschool stuff, I went food shopping. Now I'm home, I've made a cuppa and I've fired my laptop up for my own work... its just every day life stuff, and I bet you're all bored to death just hearing about it! Emma has NOTHING to offer. She isn't helpful, she isn't kind, she isn't informative, she thinks she's funny but she's just crass. What she is, is ordinary. She tries so hard to make it look good online so she can convince herself that she is not just a middle aged woman, desperately dissatisfied with her life, making a career out of selling every moment of her and her family's privacy.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sorry I’m late this morning (Covid/home school/house jobs, in that bloody real world some of us have to live in) but SATC?? Really? I used to love it at uni when I could sort of relate to it, and I say sort of because it’s not real life now, is it? But watching it again a couple of years ago I just thought it was ridiculous and Carrie is bloody awful. I know it was ground breaking in its day but I feel like the movies, esp the second, ruined it all by showing them as spoilt women who are never happy with what they have.
What am I saying?? Clearly Babs can relate to being a spoilt woman who is never happy 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️
Absolutely this! I used to love it in my twenties. Now I just think they're horrible women not to be aspired to (apart from Miranda who was always the best one) Shallow, vapid and vain, I can see why it strikes a cord with Blobetha.

The Babettes that defend Emma if someone calls out her rule breaks on socials... They're always a certain kind of woman. They're always a bit frumpy, probably don't have many friends and see Emma as a mate. It's so cringey watching them puff their chests out for her. She wouldn't give them the time of day, she probably thinks they're a bit cringey herself but they're her bread and butter. It's embarrassing. Someone had a pop at an Instagrammer I like over Christmas. I wouldn't think to wade in and defend her, I don't bloody know her, she's not my mate, it's not my fight.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I thought bed olympics was her code name for sex, and that’s why she didn’t want to discuss it 🤦‍♀️ Remember when she used to show her period tracking app only when she had had sex 🤦‍♀️

ETA: she didn’t want to say the kids were worried out load, then literally said it at the end of the stories anyway 🤦‍♀️
because obviously when your kids are worried, the answer is to whisper about them and share it on SM. 🤦🏻‍♀️ i do not doubt that they're worried - worried that they have to spend the next few months trapped at home with a mum who wants to do anything but spend time with them, worried that their mum is going to get in trouble for constantly breaching covid regulations, worried that they, or someone they love, is going to contract covid because babs won't allow them to stay home, worried about what personal information babs is going to post about them on SM, worried that she's planning to crash their school zoom meetings and embarrass them. the list is endless.

any other parent would sit down with their kids, acknowledge that they're feeling worried, try and get them to talk about their fears and comfort them, but not babs because that would require effort! she would rather share it as "relatable" content on SM, and move on with her day - probably throwing a few pieces of plastic tat their way to placate them.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If she truly wanted to stop the bedroom olympics 🙄 let them sleep in their own beds. Stop the sleepovers, let your husband sleep in a different room if his snoring is that bad (zero evidence so far). For someone that bangs on about a bedtime routine for their children you don’t stick to it.
Hope that helps 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Have been trying for far too long to work out wtf this means??
Clearly got far too much time on my hands this morning........View attachment 383037
yeah, i think it's supposed to say "i wrote things on post-its, but emma loved me!" as in, he broke up with carrie by writing on a post-it note, but emma still loved him because she's a rebel and she loves a bad boy. plus obvs he would never break up with EMMA using a post-it, because they'd be happily be married forever and ever. her grammar skills have failed her. again.

tbh, i'm more amused at the fact that his name was berger, not "burger"! freudian slip, emma? snacks on the brain?! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Maybe in the new series Carrie will ditch her designer dresses and Jimmy choos for some crappy old stinky pleather leggins and Nikes à la Kebab. And of course the headband.

Kebab is a style icon, don't you know.

Maybe Carrie will be a youtuber now rather than writer vlogging from her pit of doom while Mr Big sleeps in another room.
And Mr Big would be called Mr Small

• Haha
  • Sick
because obviously when your kids are worried, the answer is to whisper about them and share it on SM. 🤦🏻‍♀️ i do not doubt that they're worried - worried that they have to spend the next few months trapped at home with a mum who wants to do anything but spend time with them, worried that their mum is going to get in trouble for constantly breaching covid regulations, worried that they, or someone they love, is going to contract covid because babs won't allow them to stay home, worried about what personal information babs is going to post about them on SM, worried that she's planning to crash their school zoom meetings and embarrass them. the list is endless.

any other parent would sit down with their kids, acknowledge that they're feeling worried, try and get them to talk about their fears and comfort them, but not babs because that would require effort! she would rather share it as "relatable" content on SM, and move on with her day - probably throwing a few pieces of plastic tat their way to placate them.
I find it so sad they don't want things spoken about and yet she carries on. So many of them are the same, there's another instagrammer Lucie and the Bump who was filming her son playing with his baby brother, he realised the camera was on him and asked her to stop yet she still posted 😔 nothing is private anymore.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
yeah, i think it's supposed to say "i wrote things on post-its, but emma loved me!" as in, he broke up with carrie by writing on a post-it note, but emma still loved him because she's a rebel and she loves a bad boy. plus obvs he would never break up with EMMA using a post-it, because they'd be happily be married forever and ever. her grammar skills have failed her. again.

tbh, i'm more amused at the fact that his name was berger, not "burger"! freudian slip, emma? snacks on the brain?! 🤣
Her grasp of English Grammar is just appalling, especially as she was a teacher - supposedly!
What did she type her Master’s Dissertation on - a vtech laptop!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Absolutely this! I used to love it in my twenties. Now I just think they're horrible women not to be aspired to (apart from Miranda who was always the best one) Shallow, vapid and vain, I can see why it strikes a cord with Blobetha.

The Babettes that defend Emma if someone calls out her rule breaks on socials... They're always a certain kind of woman. They're always a bit frumpy, probably don't have many friends and see Emma as a mate. It's so cringey watching them puff their chests out for her. She wouldn't give them the time of day, she probably thinks they're a bit cringey herself but they're her bread and butter. It's embarrassing. Someone had a pop at an Instagrammer I like over Christmas. I wouldn't think to wade in and defend her, I don't bloody know her, she's not my mate, it's not my fight.
You're absolutely right, her and Hinch really couldn't give a toss about the women they claim to love. All they see are dollar signs and I don't know whether to feel sorry for these women who are so easily manipulated or laugh at them. But they do definitely target a certain kind of woman, as you said - lonely, vulnerable and not very bright.

Reactions: 14
And now she’s going to a Plant section on her next vlog!!....Move over Alan Titchmarsh here comes Babs with her expert advice !!!

• Haha
And now she’s going to a Plant section on her next vlog!!....Move over Alan Titchmarsh here comes Babs with her expert advice !!!
Poor Alan! She's much more Charlie dimmock, what with her wangers flopping about! (Not a compliment babs, not actually saying u look anything like her, just that more often than not you're braless!)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh god that's a thought. We havent been treated to 'look at me, I'm on my PERIOD so I've got cake, cause I'm the only person ever to get a PERIOD and i need to be treated differently. Let me tell you all about my weird PERIOD dreams which dont ever happen cause i dont sleep due to anxiety, IBS, doom scrolling, snoring.....' for a long long time. Maybe she's finally hit the menopause. I feel that deserves a different product? Menopause meringue? Menopause flan? Menopause croquembouche?
Didn't the influencer she was doing it to copy and try and engage with (hey Candice, over here, it's Emma you met once!! Hi! Hi!) unfollow her when Babs posted some racially tone deaf story during the BLM protests - she said something like "people like us" or something similar, can't quite remember but her very clear audience for period cake (ie please share my stories so your followers will follow me too) disappeared. She's a total user with a clear game plan when it comes to other influencers - fan girl them til they reply to you then try and get them reposting so you get in front of their audience. She's as manipulative as duck.

Reactions: 13
I can imagine the toddler tantrums Emma has in the household and how Erin and Ethan have suffered because of it. I know because my mother is a Narc. Her rules or no rules. Enabling father (Ste) who does his best to predict/keep the norm/pacifying Em at every opportunity.
I can see the future on this. Ethan will live his life, go no or limited contact, he will do well, “look at how well my boy has done it was ALL my hard work paying off”. I’m a teacher don’t you know! Erin, poor poor Erin will never be able to let go of Babs tight grasp on her, you see it now, (twinning, my girl, sleepovers, apartment etc etc) but as Erin grows and formal her own identity she will not be able to do so. Enmeshed by Babs it’ll be easier to confirm than to disagree.
As a child I see Erin like how my childhood was (how lovely to have a mum as a friend) but the scars of having a mother who only sees what THEY want destroys the soul

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Didn't the influencer she was doing it to copy and try and engage with (hey Candice, over here, it's Emma you met once!! Hi! Hi!) unfollow her when Babs posted some racially tone deaf story during the BLM protests - she said something like "people like us" or something similar, can't quite remember but her very clear audience for period cake (ie please share my stories so your followers will follow me too) disappeared. She's a total user with a clear game plan when it comes to other influencers - fan girl them til they reply to you then try and get them reposting so you get in front of their audience. She's as manipulative as duck.
I think she said ‘my daughter is lucky she’s white’
or something as equally twaty.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
On that note, I've had a few sleepless nights recently and I've ended up in an Insta blackhole as ya do. One of which was looking through her accounts that follow her. So so many of them are clearly fake accounts (maybe even robots) and the type you get 'Accept me and you'll get rich quick/get to see my boobs) accounts. No wonder her engagement is so low for a 131k account, she must just accept anyone and never actually vet (other than block the naysayers) the actual follows. If i was looking to work with her i wouldnt take the 131k at face value, and I'd do some research. Averaging 6k max likes on a post gives an engagement rate of less than 5%. If we take out the hate watchers and tattlers, it may boost it to 25% but still 😆😆

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.