Brogan Tate #82 never the bridesmaid, never the bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t realise some gyms had pts separate from class instructors, fairly common in Ireland for them to do both.

Reactions: 1
I'm currently watching her 10 year anniversary vlog, it seems like she had a lot more fun and many friends in 2016/17, prior to meeting Benji 🤔, don't get me wrong, I know it's all the very best bits and people also tend to become complacent/content when they move in with someone but she seems like she's stuck in a rut. She definitely adopted that wineey voice then though 😫 I also noticed Victoria/Disney in Detail pop up, whatever happened to their friendship?
It looks like Adam got sick of her pretty quick
I must admit, having not watched her for a year or so and catching up on her vlogs I'm kinda liking her 🙊🙈

Or why don't they do the asking 🤔🤷🏾‍♀️

Probably because deep down they know they would say no if they did!

Reactions: 3
A guy knows within the first year if he's going to marry you.
If you choose to ignore that then good luck waiting ...and waiting

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
A guy knows within the first year if he's going to marry you.
If you choose to ignore that then good luck waiting ...and waiting
please, don’t listen to the above people. Not everyone wants marriage & this completely backs up the idea that marriage is something that just happens to a woman and not something people work towards over months of years and make a decision as a couple.
as long as you both know the end goal of the relationship (marriage or not) whether you’ve been together 1 month, 1 year or 10 years it doesn’t matter. I’ve been “waiting” 5 years but I know I won’t get a proposal until we’ve sorted our house out (approx cost 20K)

• Heart
Reactions: 62
And remember that people break up with and without wedding rings 😊

As long as you are happy (genuinely happy Brogan before you start 😂) that's the only yardstick you need ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 55
please, don’t listen to the above people. Not everyone wants marriage & this completely backs up the idea that marriage is something that just happens to a woman and not something people work towards over months of years and make a decision as a couple.
as long as you both know the end goal of the relationship (marriage or not) whether you’ve been together 1 month, 1 year or 10 years it doesn’t matter. I’ve been “waiting” 5 years but I know I won’t get a proposal until we’ve sorted our house out (approx cost 20K)
I'm going to absolutely disagree here.
My point is that if the woman wants to get married then they need to be with someone who wants the same thing.
It's absolutely fine if a guy/girl doesn't want marriage BUT if a girl wants her partner to propose then she shouldn't wait longer than a year for him to commit.

I've seen my friends waste their good years on guys who won't fully commit.

Other friends and myself got engaged within a year/2 years and it's worked a lot better.

And people can get mad at this but if you want marriage then you've got to be with a person who wants the same and you shouldn't be holding on for years. Women need to take agency and not allow men to dictate their future.

I wouldn't buy a house with a guy without having a ring on the finger.

Reactions: 12
My point is that if the woman wants to get married then they need to be with someone who wants the same thing.
It's absolutely fine if a guy/girl doesn't want marriage BUT if a girl wants her partner to propose then she shouldn't wait longer than a year for him to commit.

Other friends and myself got engaged within a year/2 years and it's worked a lot better.

And people can get mad at this but if you want marriage then you've got to be with a person who wants the same and you shouldn't be holding on for years. Women need to take agency and not allow men to dictate their future.

I agree here
My friend and her bf have discussed marriage and babies before. If he now turned around and said actually I don't want them, after 7 years, that's actually very cruel.
And as much as I don't like brogan, if benji ever said to her I do want to marry you and have kids one day and then never proposes or turns around and says actually I never wanted those things, thats a dick move

Reactions: 6
I think Benji does want to get married one day.....just not to Brogan. Brogan is desperate for that ring purely for content and to tick a box.

Happy New Year btw, this thread is the best x

Reactions: 16
I think Benji does want to get married one day.....just not to Brogan. Brogan is desperate for that ring purely for content and to tick a box.

Happy New Year btw, this thread is the best x
Agree when the right person comes along he’ll be married with a little one on the way within a couple of years.

Reactions: 11
Benji and Brogan have clearly discussed what they want from life and Brogan has mentioned on camera that they had an ‘order’ they wanted to do it in: house, dog, marriage.

They’ve had the house well over 2 years and Bonnie over a year and a half. I can see why Brogan is wondering where the ring is considering there’s been a considerable amount of time since these ‘requirements’ were met.

Since she’s clearly waiting on the ring, he should hurry up and do it. It’s cruel to leave her hanging and the only reason to do so is if he’s not sure given they’ve discussed it.

Personally I don’t think he’s sure and I’m not a Benji fan at all. I don’t think they bring out the best in each other. She doesn’t treat him well, but he doesn’t see her for 80% of the time and then when he does he is wearing headphones? I wouldn’t put up with that, and nor should she, IMO they aren’t a good match.

Reactions: 28

What an absolute load of twaddle. Sorry, but why the hell does a ring mean full commitment. I know people who have been engaged and married and then divorced within a few years because that ring actually meant naff all and one of them cheated, and people who have been together 10+ years with zero sign of a ring and have been more happy and committed to each other. I didn't realise that we had some how gone back in time and a ring was the be all and end all. For me, a bigger commitment is a house, a child etc, they lend some sort of permanence to a relationship, a bit of Bling and a piece of paper are just that! They don't mean anything in the grand scheme of it, it's how you live and see each other that matters.

If you're with the right person, you just know, ring or no ring. Personally I've been engaged 3 years (he proposed after 1) and I can tell you it'll probably be another few years before we eventually say I do, it's just not that important to us, because we already live as though we are married, and even if we weren't engaged, it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to how we feel about each other!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Marriage and commitments mean different thing to different people and in different countries. In the US your spouse is entitled to benefits, you get tax breaks, and making decisions on your behalf. So the legality of things actually changes things. My husband and I only had a legal wedding, we went to city hall and got married without much fuss.

If Benji wants kids and Brogan doesn’t or is not super into the idea, then that is not a good match. Also IMO who you chose to be the parent of your kids is much more important then who you chose to marry. You can always divorce but you can’t change the parent of your child.

Reactions: 15
Its all about what is important to you and your partner.

If kids are a must to one and a must not to the other, its not going to work. Same with marrige, travel, houses, where to live, managing money ect

You have to have those conversations with the person you dating. Somthings you wont care about and you can join your partner.

Say your not bothered about owning a home but your partner is. You'll have no negative feeling towards doing it to make them happy.

But if you/your partner really doesn't want kids or believe marriage is stupid and archaic and its really really important to your partner/you, its not fair to make the other person bend on their wants, needs and beliefs to prove their love. Or youll resent them for making you do it.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.