Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

brerwhabbit

Does she have any brothers or sisters?
She has a sister who lives in Australia. She does not look like her at all, seems a bit of a glamour puss sort. I don't remember her name but I was curious about her b/c Brittany drove with her dad on one vlog (dads face never on camera) to pick her up from the airport and she showed her (the sister) for about 2 second hug her dad (who from the back looked perfectly normal). I suspect that her sister doesn't meet her minimalist aesthetic requirements and so she doesn't talk about her much or show photos but she does go to visit her in Australia so they are not estranged or anything. Dean fits with her vibe (though not exactly like her). Which, that's really odd when you curate your family. Of course they may just not want to be in frame, but when I looked at the sister's insta she was all about it, but it was like vavavoomy.

Today I was walking my dog and I have COVID brain (I've never had COVID but I mean from isolation) and I just thought for a split second about her the ROW flip flop shoes and I blurted out to my dog "700 pounds". I guess because I was wearing black flip flops today and it jiggled that thought. I'm losing my god damn mind I tell ya.

And it's only b/c they are the ROW that she's so besotted with them. If she had seen those flip flops for 100 pounds (still too much) she would be like nah. That's what irks a lot. Snobbery for snobbery sake. Same with the jil sander boots. "These go slightly up on the leg" the vamp is like 1.5cm higher up and she wears them under the pant so? I don't know, that could feed a family of 5 for a week. Gurl. Get outta town.

Last thing. "I bought these with my own money". You only bought them with your own money to attract the brand or farfetch to "they were ever so kind and reached out and sent me this" (as if it was unsolicited and you hadn't been banging on about it and your agent or you hadn't reached out first, most of the time). LOL. It's not just something she says...

They are all charlatans! LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

snarkvark

VIP Member
If you have an issue with white women earning a lot of money for doing not a lot of work (influencing) then you are going to have the same issue with almost all the people who have threads about them on there.

That seems to be Brittany’s only crime here. She can’t help being born a white British woman, she is aware of the privilege that comes with it. Anyone can get a ‘normal’ job, buy clothes and organically build an IG following but how many of us want to put ourselves out there? Not many and that’s the financial reward those who do get.
Yes I do and no she's not. BB seems very unaware of her privilege and doesn't acknowledge it at all. She doesn't pass that privilege on in any way at all. Her whole attitude is very tone deaf. In a time when people are losing their jobs, she's vlogging about moving into a new expensive apartment and frivolously filling it with new expensive purchases. If you like BB so much why are you on a gossip board about her? Go suck up to her in her comments under her vapid vlogs.

uhhhhhhcanwejust

What a wanker, honestly I hope she didn't supply that job title and I hope she's embarrassed. I bet they are stretching the YouTube montages to be "visual artistry" gimme a flippin' break.

I'm in charge of a huge amount of written and visual content for my company's product consumed by a user base of 1 million users. So I'm going to start calling myself a novelist.

• Wow
  • Haha

MomoomoM

I thought it was interesting how intertwined Dean was with her work history. She's virtually spent her entire adult life with him. I hope she genuinely challenged herself and interrogated any co-dependency issues during their separation.
I highly highly doubt it.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Not that I've watched many of her vlogs of late (fortunately you all have saved me from that waste of time), but I'll throw in my two cents about her insufferable obsession over trivial things. I find that when I'm in a period of unhappiness, creative unfulfillment, or general ennui in life, my avoidant behavior kicks into overdrive and I will find something to obsess over. Usually, it's online shopping, where I have to hunt down THE perfect blazer or THAT shoe that I saw on Pinterest ages ago. Or I'll spend an inordinate amount of time on Tattle, obsessing over other peoples' lives. It's kind of a low-level madness, my brain's way of filling a void. Then I snap right out of it when something truly important happens like seeing loved ones, starting a fun project, or dealing with an actual crisis. Maybe after the stress of the past year, her "separation" with Dean, and living by herself, she's descended into this mental place where she overthinks stupid shit more than normal. I mean, worrying about pant creases at 2 am?! That's beyond the pale, even for a "normal" perfectionist. Getting a coworking space seems like a step in the right direction if she has the discipline to actually work within a given time frame. Otherwise, she'll just find herself just mindlessly shopping online, scrolling through social media, and doing fuck-all during "office hours", which she can obviously do at home.

brerwhabbit

i find it so funny when youtubers are like 'i don't really watch youtube'. This is like a sportsperson saying they don't watch sport or a journalist saying they don't read newspapers. I DON'T BUY IT! Then BB proceeds to supply a great long list of youtubers LOL. I admit I skipped through that part and just looked at the list in the description box. I miss the content from her old place so much. It felt so much more unique, or perhaps it was just because BB was still new to me around that time.
Yes, I feel her vlog has gone down hill sharply since she split with Dean. Instead of somewhat interesting content it's become an over-conspicuous parade of new home purchases.

Also, how many expensive posters can one buy? Acquiring "art" in such rapid fire fashion makes for a showroom type home, not a personally and uniquely curated one. Multiple posters, I don't care how pricey, aren't very interesting. It's more of a "look at what great taste I have" exercise than creative one. And you don't have to "commission" a painting. Streuth. Are you commissioning a portrait or something? I can just see her saying to an artist I want a landscape painting in neutral tones that will balance out the sterility of my dining room and make it look less of an ill conceived arrangement of black freebies. LOL. You can scour for used, you can paint, you can trade with artists, you can save up and buy a work that the artist has painted not for you but straight from their mind. Not "commissioned" and unfettered by your "direction" (what an ego). The result will likely be much better without her influence. She's become even more nauseatingly self preoccupied without the balance perhaps provided by living with another person.

Last edited:

brerwhabbit

Yes, snarkvark. Precisely. It's hypocritical for sure and a choice.

When I was a kid I heard a radio show in America that was pretty funny but kind of parented me in a way (my parents were always out). It was kind of like a dear Abby (American agony column) but on the radio and she said when someone kept saying "But I'm a nice person, I do the right thing, I'm sweet...blah blah blah" "No, no you're not, character shows up when hard choices need to be made, when situations are difficult, not when everything is going your way. Everyone is a "nice" person when things are easy but the real test, when we really find out the strength of your character is when things are not."

I think of this in so many situations and I think of it here too. I'm a clean beauty person except when I want to buy Chanel, or Burberry, or Hermes. I'm a sustainable, small brand type of supporter except when I am paid by COS or Warehouse or... I'm a minimalist, except when I want 50 different types of coat...I care about the environment except when I fly things in from around the world and maintain a massive apartment and overly consume new merchandise like vanity books to fill my shelves.

Yeah, no :ROFLMAO:

I mean, look, there is nothing wrong with any of that per se (none of us are perfect). It's the hypocritical nature of the preaching about it. She would be wise to stop bleating on about her values when she doesn't actually make much effort to live them except when it was going to happen anyway - as in look I'm using this "clean" face oil because I got it for free.

On another note. I saw this pop up on youtube and thought it was Brittany's. But no, no it's not, it's teetharejade - the German vlogger that was mentioned as being BBs "inspiration" ahem, who she ripped off, with the shots of swans etc. She's definitely a very good mimic.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mrs McCarthy

Chatty Member
I don’t think there is any other blogger on Tattle that gets so much protection and defence. Why is everyone so obsessed with Brittany?!

• Heart

brerwhabbit

BTW I'm a Brittany Bathgate style failure/ possibly some people's idea of unsuccessful at life. Look at my outfit today (sometimes I do look a bit more neutral but I mix it up a lot). The yellows don't even match. The skirt is so ugly I feel that it's good - at least at giving my conservative neighbors whiplash when I walk my pups. Ha! I'm just an old (but still 13 inside) fashion designer/creative director now studying social work with a buzz cut (recovering from cancer - I'm okay now - could NOT handle wearing a wig) who shops almost entirely from thrift shops and wears slip on white vans b/c I'm too lazy for shoelaces (at the moment). I'm not a beauty but girl that's all right (Springsteen). My hair is weird, it's gray on the sides. LOL. It's like fucking science experiment growing it back. But you know what? I'm happier now than ever. Seriously.

I didn't scroll back and read that comment on the critical comment first. Good lord, what a baby. Can you imagine if she read mine? Oh well.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart

Gossiperina

THIS. There's nothing original or unique or interesting about her. She's just a skinny white girl with lots of privilege. She doesn't have any strong opinions on anything and does all the same boring shit as all her other friends. Even the hobbies she picked up in lockdown were such cliches. She tries so hard to be interesting and she just isn't.

I think you need to learn about privilege. They didn't "do everything themselves", they had lots of help! That's privilege right there. The fact that they could buy a house in the first place, and then renovate it to completely change everything about it, all with the help from friends and family who have the money and time to help them do it. Most of us don't have that kind of privilege. It's so unrelatable.
Ugh there we go again with the privilege. You have a big problem with it. Something must have made you very unhappy or jealous if you think that everything means privilege. I have friends - one of them a receptionist and her husband works in a factory and they saved money over the years and bought a house and made it up from scratch. They are not privileged at all, trust me. Maybe you live in London or the south? But in the north houses are quite cheap compared to other regions. If you look on Dean's instagram under the renovations story, you can see them getting down and dirty. Him building kitchens, them making a concrete floor themselves as it was too expensive to get someone else to do it, Brittany tearing down walls and the chimney, her literally mixing concrete in the backyard. I am not saying they aren't lucky to have family who can do that, unlike others (my hubby is literally taking a carpentry course at the moment so we can do everything in our house).

I think you are just jealous and you see everything as privilege. Just because someone has more than others, it does not mean privilege. If she was so privileged as you say and apparently wealthy, they would have hired people (like Lily Pebbles who can't even hang a picture herself - she hires people to hang pictures!!!!). Your idea of privilege is very extreme. If they were to lose their jobs tomorrow and couldn't get a new one, I don't believe they could afford their mortgage unlike Amelia Liana or Fleur who could always fall on their families for it.

Also I don't know it it was you who said it, about her education but education should be a right, it's not a privilege. That is why many organisations and people out there fight for that. Many people come to the UK to study (like myself as I said) and do so by working. I made this point many times, I did not say she is not privileged in some ways, but unlike others (this is the key here) she did work and do something else in her life except for begging for stuff.

Is she the only person you watch? Because out of all of them on Youtube that I have watched in my life (and it's been loads) she is the most relatable and she doesn't beg for free stuff.

You are honestly tiring and stubborn. I let it go a long time ago and made my point and said multiple times: AGREE TO DISAGREE but you might just be bored or don't understand what I am writing cause you keep harping on the same subject over and over again.

• Heart

brerwhabbit

Ahh, in today’s vlog you can tell how highly she thinks about herself and her filming, from the way she talks about creating these vlogs, development in her editing vs “resting on her laurels”. While her editing is mostly solid, she really is convinced she’s a very unique creative. 🙄
Yes, I agree. And then she goes on to fill the rest of the vlog with what she wore each day in her normal, I forget what this is, kind of slipshod way. Very creative (sarcasm).

Also, it's clear to me that it dawned on her after last week's vomit of thoughts about quitting b/c it will be different after the pandemic, even though she whinged all the way through about the pandemic restricting the content, she had a lightbulb moment of, oh my God but what else am I going to do that gets me so much stuff for so little effort? So proceeded tout de suite to backpedal into I need to stretch myself artistically to counter her opinion of herself (and others regarding her post Dean content) that's she doesn't do anything groundbreaking, in fact, she doesn't do much at all.

As far as her relationship with Dean, who knows? I've needed to live alone before. Some people continue to live alone and within partnerships. Some people prefer low grade misery with someone over being alone (not a judgement, it can be a a choice). Some people like a lot of friends, others are fine with 2 or 3 real ones. Etc. etc. Normal does not exist. What one thinks is weird is another's ideal.

That said, when you have a vlog honesty and sincerity is appealing. You can be a controlling, closed person on Instagram but it's not going to make video content compelling. If she opened up more about her surrounding life, and not necessarily her relationship, it could go along way. She's so jammed up that I feel being on youtube is not right for her.

Loneliness is exceedingly common among women her age. It's not necessarily a character flaw and I don't think there is any shame in it. It would be nice to hear about that and that would endear her to those who feel the same. Anxiety is crippling, but it's become an easy to say you are anxious to avoid discussing real feelings because people feel internal shame about what they are really anxious about and the more one is anxious the worse things that enable it (not going out, not developing friendships) become (in addition to brain chemistry). A self perpetuating loop of increasing severity unfortunately.

The pandemic is isolating even for introverts. After college, friends move away, it is harder to connect with people b/c more effort has to be made and the skills to do this are lacking in those who have led a rather sheltered existence and it can be a hard transition in non-pandemic times. I suspect Dean provides her some relief from this loneliness but it makes it harder for her to branch out and help develop a community. But I don't know and I don't think she does either, or even contemplates it to that level.

the fact that BB agonizes over every little thing goes to show how truly staged her whole life and persona online is. anyone who is truly unique, original, and creative, doesn't fret over whether something they do fits in with their ~aesthetic~ they just do it because it's part of who they are.
So well put. Exactly. Agonizing on how something will be received and true creativity are opposite poles.

Last edited:
  • Heart

brerwhabbit

One more thing while I’m on a roll here, possibly being horribly unfair - it’s not “tailoring” getting a hem taken up, shortening a sleeve, nipping something in at the waist etc. it’s merely alterations.

I realize people use both words but it’s the way she talks about it in much the same way as when she said she’d like to “commission” some art for her dining area. Technically yes that’s a commission to give your friend a few bucks to paint some art in warm tones to balance out your free black table. Technically yes choosing stuff to put on the shelf is curation. Technically I suppose you are acquiring studio space aka renting a desk. Still makes you sound like a right twat.

Tailoring as she speaks of it in the “voice beautiful” (as my mum would say), as if she is heading down to Savile Row, would be taking that coat sleeve apart and slimming it down/ reshaping it proportionately now that it’s been lopped off so it doesn’t look like a kimono sleeve on her.
Tailors wouldn’t need more time to move the tabs up on the sleeves either. She mentioned this was quite a “tricky” job in the last video. It’s so incredibly easy to unpick an inch section slide it up and restitch, move the corresponding buttons - 5 mins per sleeve.

Conversely, belt loops can’t just be “added” simply like she said before. Unless your taking more than 3” off the hem because they run vertically along the warp for strength and to match the trousers - and if not doing that it’s not as if they have the exact same shade and type of fabric laying around normally.

For all her pointificating she knows next to nothing. No, she’s not a designer, but these things aren’t hard to learn. I guess “I’m taking stuff to the alterations man at the dry cleaners down the road” doesn’t sound have quite the same ring to it. Ha!

Furthermore, another bitch about other people whining (LOL so ironic of me)- her cronies all seem to do this but I’d really like them to stop saying that the reason theirvlog this week not interesting, long, poorly lit, garbled is because they forgot their phone, forgot their charger, wiped the memory card, wanted to do something else, haven’t had their coffee, feeling tired, cat ate their homework.

All this might be true. But have they ever had a real job? (I know she did, is this the reason she left?) Do you say to your boss I didn’t do a very good presentation because I erased it, didn’t plug my laptop in, didn’t have the right light, couldn’t be fucked? Sorry. Are you 5? Lol. You’d be fired. Obviously they have more freedom working for themselves but shut it already and get on with it. We don’t care because you say it just about every time. Streuth!

I’d quite like to see a cardboard cut out of the Queen enter screen left and move her mouth Monty python style saying

“Don’t complain, don’t explain dear” every time.

now that would be interesting!

They all seem to take themselves so gosh darn seriously but at the same timehave nothing but packing popcorn between the lug holes.

Im seriously turning into my dad. 😂

On a more positive note maybe the studio is a good idea. It must be hard to stay motivated and will help her I think on second thought. It does look bright and light. As long as she actually goes and also there isn’t too much drama or noise or mess with the other workers. Because then I reckon more excuses will ensue - sorry this is crap because I had to come home etc.

Last edited:
  • Heart

brerwhabbit

omg that popped up for me too! I thought it was BB as well....
Me three!

Camper van video = :rolleyes:💤😴💤😴

Is that sustainable MDF/vinyl flooring I ask? I ask because no mention of origins/materials source. I'm very sure she would bleat on about it if it were anything fancier than standard eco nightmare/ non recyclable glued particle board and bog standard flooring. But the important thing is the color of the floor. Must not be too beige.

Oh wow, is BB realizing that beige is boring? Are the Copenhagen fashion shows making her feel obsolete? They've moved on...Oh oh.

Last week: promoting the Paul Smith mini design initiative is duh, because restoring a camper van project! This week: it was an impulsive decision...oh wait, there's a waffle - impulsive but not because we'll save money and waffle, swallow, hand motions we can sell it on if we don't like it. Oh that sounds like something - sort of like - I can always offload this when the fickle urge has fickled or paid promotion done with.

After all, she has a magnanimous interest in clean products. Until hermes came knocking days later. Oh and then Chanel. What's an influencer to do? Keep hiding the mess of maximalist consumption while feigning minimalism until the urge for things gobbled up due to FOMO and given to her passes of course. Keep cashing the check and continue to endlessly through other feeds, buy things that buy cred. And then"charity" sales to "the people" can commence. Win win.

P.S. Purchasing a fun house mirror like Paul Smith's could save a lot of time on the photo stretching "I wish I had L & L 's long limbs" app.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13

Readinginks

VIP Member
The truly sad thing is that she seems to have nothing apart from putting together expensive pretty things. The aesthetic she “curates”, or should I rather say follows, is not something she proactively works on. She doesn’t create things, she doesn’t seem really involved in any hobbies, she’s not a good writer, the photos are rarely taken by her, but of her, and on top of this she doesn’t seem to have cultivated truly meaningful relationships beyond Dean. Admittedly, I wouldn’t mind the financial aspect of her living, it would however kill me to have such emptiness in my life.

• Heart

fujicheck

Does anyone else find it annoying how stressed she's getting about covid restrictions? I understand it's a worrying time for everyone but she has it so easy, find it annoying hearing her talk about being anxious about announcements.
She's young and fit, doesn't live with anyone high risk, lives with her partner in a gorgeous house with a garden (which she owns), likes staying at home, seems to enjoy a quieter life and relaxing hobbies that don't involve people, doesn't seem to socialise with many people regularly anyway, has a secure job and plenty of brand deals, doesn't need to travel anywhere unless it's for leisure.
Since things eased up, her lifestyle has hardly changed so it's not like she's going to suddenly lose out on something if things tighten eg gym, place of work, income, seeing her partner, friends etc. She's still going to be able to hang out with her boyfriend, go for her runs, potter around shops, shoot ads and continue buying designer items. Seems all she'll have to worry about is if she can travel to london for her essential freebie tattoo removal.
I know everyone's missing out and struggling but she's in such a fortunate position compared to a lot of people. Not saying she shouldn't worry but I just find it annoying hearing it in a vlog. Especially after being gifted designer items for a brand deal. Must be nice.

• Heart

brerwhabbit

Whenever I look at BB, she always looks like she is severely dehydrated.
And constipated.

BB really does believe she's ~not like the other influencers~

Fuck off with the "visual artist" bullshit. WTF even is that? she takes photos of her outfits and does vlogs. how is that any different from every other influencer?
Right? I couldn't decide between the vomit emoji and the laughing emoji. WTFF.

Maybe this is rude. BB strikes me as asexual. I'm not talking about showing skin and being trashy. I mean there's zero appealing about her in a sort of human who is wired into the emotional world sort of way. Which, you know, isn't a crime, just, lacking charisma. Yes, she has style, but no magnetism? Or am I the asshole? LOL.

Which goes all goes along with the digestive blockage descriptor I suppose. I referred to these sorts of folks as "jammed up" (meaning constipated emotionally and physically without having to say that). Contextually - "that girl is so jammed up even motor oil wouldn't help".

Last edited:
  • Haha

Readinginks

VIP Member
I have just watched her wardrobe review videos and I am braindead even though I only had them in the background and on 1.50 speed, she’s so slow! I appreciate she’s trying to choose her words instead of overusing “like” and “eeer” but I just cannot handle how self-indulgent she sounds both in manner and content of what she’s saying. The fact the she bashed high-street brands for having 4 sizes only and yet when talking about Acne she made an excuse for that shows how much she doesn’t care at all as long as the brand comes with a certain status of being cool. Also, She always comes across as if she’d know what quality means, but then claims things that last more than 2 years are very high quality. To me that’s pretty standard for any clothes regardless of price tag and wouldn’t consider them special
quality for not falling apart after two seasons.

Or... she intentionally liked that review because that’s the mean girl in her coming through, then she saw that she got caught here on tattle (bc I‘m sure she reads on here) and quickly de-liked the review

also... if it was an accidental like.. and you don’t notice it for a few hours or a day or how ever long it was... how do you suddenly notice you accidentally liked something to then go back to that review and de-like it? 🤔

rainonme

Chatty Member
i've followed brittany since around 2015 when she was working in retail (i believe she only left retail to blog full time around a year or two ago) and i remember her saying that even when she didn't earn that much money, she liked to save up and invest in pieces and ditched the faster fashion shops like topshop. i really appreciate how considered she is with her purchases. you can tell she looks after her clothes and wears and rewears them, which is refreshing when it feels like everyone else on instagram buys something to wear and pose for a picture in once and then it's never seen again. she clearly knows her style and what she likes to wear and what suits her, and although i couldn't pull it off myself, it is inspiring to see someone invest in their wardrobe for themselves, regardless of trends or #ads. i trust her opinion!

i can see why people may think her vlogs / she is boring but i think she is simply more of a calm and quiet character, which is quite rare on youtube, hence why people might not get it. i really enjoyed and appreciated her honesty with regards to lockdown and while, yes, she is incredibly lucky to live the life that she does, i think she is aware of that, and she doesn't live that far from reality IMO (especially compared to others on youtube and instagram that haven't got a clue).

the depiction of slower living, considered shopping and thoughtfulness surrounding the wider world is hugely lacking in the vapid "influencer" world, so brittany's content is really refreshing and important.

• Heart