British Shorthairs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They also come with their annoying 'quirks'. One of my Ragdolls (the one in my profile pic) pees in the bath. From kittenhood he has always liked to pee outside the litter box. It seemed to be a behaviour that stuck, after he suffered from a UTI when he was young. It has been the carpet in the past, so I don't mind so much him peeing in the bathtub, as at least that is easy to clean!

My other Raggy will eat anything. We've learnt to never leave food out in the kitchen, and that includes if it is in the packet. We forgot recently and left a load of bread on the side, still packaged. Came back to find the packaging torn apart and bite marks in the bread!

We adore them even with their annoying quirks! :D

• Haha
Reactions: 5
They also come with their annoying 'quirks'. One of my Ragdolls (the one in my profile pic) pees in the bath. From kittenhood he has always liked to pee outside the litter box. It seemed to be a behaviour that stuck, after he suffered from a UTI when he was young. It has been the carpet in the past, so I don't mind so much him peeing in the bathtub, as at least that is easy to clean!

My other Raggy will eat anything. We've learnt to never leave food out in the kitchen, and that includes if it is in the packet. We forgot recently and left a load of bread on the side, still packaged. Came back to find the packaging torn apart and bite marks in the bread!

We adore them even with their annoying quirks! :D
Mine sit on the work tops!!! All the time. And we have white worktops and they come in with their wet paws and leave marks. No matter how many times I put them down they get back up 😞😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My 4 year old BSH was a stray who was taken to a shelter. He has had his trust issues but he has settled down very well.
He's very quirky but has returned our love a thousand fold. Simply wouldn't be without him.

• Heart
mine was comforting me today while my boyfriend was at the doctor 🥰 she sensed that i'm nervous and climbed next to me and leaned in for cuddles

• Heart
Reactions: 3

greetings from my silly furball 😄

• Heart
I have a 5 year old black & white cat 🥰, she’s my world. I was given her as a gift when I was going through a very bad patch with my mental health (very depressed & anxious), she’s saved me as I had to get out of bed and look after her. She’s very chirpy & chatty, and loves male attention😂

She has heart failure, and is on medication every 12 hours so I know my time with her is limited, but I adore her
My baby passed away a few weeks ago very suddenly, ive got her ashes back so she’s still with me 🤍

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Thank you for starting this thread.
My family always used to have cats, in chronological order -
Micky - a ginger tabby
Mitzi - a grey tabby
Tom - he disappeared never to return.
Julie - a sweet natured tabby who had 3 litters of kittens, only one litter survived.
Susie and Sylvester - 2 of Julie's kittens.
Shelley - a black cat, with a stumpy tail, named after Hywel Bennett's character.
Becky - a shy tortoiseshell, who hated to be picked up. She went missing when we took her to a cattery, she was found two and a half months later.
Bellamy - a black and white long haired moggy named after David Bellamy. He was adorarable.
Sandy - another sweet natured tabby.
Jeremy - another long haired black and white cat.
And finally Sammy, a highly intelligent mostly black cat with a white bib and paws. He had beautiful shiny fur when he was young. He was our longest surviving cat, and was 19 when he died.
Unfortunately I live in a flat, and no longer have cats, they need outdoor spaces to roam around.

• Heart
I have Florence a 9 year old tortie British shorthair ... I got her from the RSPCA at 6 months old and she was terrified of people. We never actually saw her face before we adopted her, just a chubby bum sticking out of a cat carrier. She’s very affectionate now but is still terrified of anyone other than my husband and I.
we also have Heidi. Tabby and white one year old evil kitty. I found her when she ran in front of my car in the middle of nowhere. It took 2 hours and multiple nettle stings to catch her! She was so tiny that I could fit her on my palm. She’s all grown up now and goes from demanding love to attacking you with claws and teeth within seconds. pure adorable evil 👿

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve always had cats growing up and when we moved we got one of our own house. We rehome our boy at the grand old age of 12 as his owner was moving. He was amazing, a very loud demanding tabby. Would go into our neighbours houses and steal their food! He was truly spoilt but sadly hit by a car in July and passed in October due to complications.

We have reserved two tabby’s to rehome in the new year. I’m very excited but still hold a pang for guilt for replacing my boy so quickly. my husband never had animals growing up, he’s now cat obsessed!

• Heart
I have Florence a 9 year old tortie British shorthair ... I got her from the RSPCA at 6 months old and she was terrified of people. We never actually saw her face before we adopted her, just a chubby bum sticking out of a cat carrier. She’s very affectionate now but is still terrified of anyone other than my husband and I.
my Roisin also takes a very long time to warm up to new people. but once she gets used to them she's amazing. my sister and her boyfriend are over often and she sits with the four of us if we are playing a board game for example, as if she wants to play with us, and she's always by our side :D

my husband never had animals growing up, he’s now cat obsessed!
the same with my boyfriend, I often feel like he prefers Roisin over me when he looks at her so lovingly :D

My baby passed away a few weeks ago very suddenly, ive got her ashes back so she’s still with me 🤍
My condolences, I'm very sorry for your loss .

I’ve always had cats growing up and when we moved we got one of our own house. We rehome our boy at the grand old age of 12 as his owner was moving. He was amazing, a very loud demanding tabby. Would go into our neighbours houses and steal their food! He was truly spoilt but sadly hit by a car in July and passed in October due to complications.

We have reserved two tabby’s to rehome in the new year. I’m very excited but still hold a pang for guilt for replacing my boy so quickly. my husband never had animals growing up, he’s now cat obsessed!
Very sorry about your tabby.

• Heart
there's a lovely new thread with photos of everyone's kitties, so i thought i'd share it here:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So very sorry to hear that 💔 I think it’s lovely though that you’ve now got her back with you. My first two cats I had as an adult ‘came home’ to me when they passed over Rainbow Bridge and it’s been a great comfort to me over the years that they did. I hope it will be a great comfort for you too that your baby has come home where she belongs xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2