British Shorthairs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought I'd start this thread for all the cat lovers here 🐱🐈

I have a beautiful 1 year old lilac british shorthair girl and she is just the best little thing. I can't believe how kind and loving this breed is. Never have I met a cat or animal in general that is so caring and sociable. She is really helping me through this rough time.

I thought here we could share our experiences, tips and even photos. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She sounds lovely.❤

We have a 3 year old moggy. No idea of his lineage, but he’s white and black (like cow print) and he’s brilliant. We’ve had him since he was 8 weeks old and he’s very much a part of the family. Have to say I’m probably his favourite human, he’s not a lap cat but will choose to sit right up close to me at night, it’s such a comfort at times. When he was a kitten, he used to play fetch, we’d throw a small toy across the room and he’d bring it back to us to throw again! He doesn’t do it anymore though😭

Since raising him from being very little I’ve definitely noticed that he has picked up traits and habits along the way. My little guy has learnt that he can use his voice when he wants something. Our bedroom door is often closed so if he wants to come in/out he just sits at the door and meows until one of us opens it for him, same for when he wants food or to be let outside. He’s also started meowing back or making cute little grunty noises when you talk to him which is just❤ I think cats in general get a bad rap but I’ve grown up with pet cats and they’ve always been so loving you just have to earn their trust first and show them you’re not a threat.

I love cats and I could go on all day about my kitty. Look forward to hearing about everyone else’s lovely mogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
oh that is so sweet! 🥰

i agree that cats get a bad rep but i honestly don't understand why. okay they are very independent but if you give them love, you will get so much love back. like you, i am also also her favorite human 🤭 she cuddles up so close to me, sometimes she moves position 2-3 times trying to get as close to me as possible. she's also not a lap kitty though, i think british shorthairs in general aren't and they also hate being carried.

my favorite example of how loving she is: one evening my bf and i were watching the news and they showed a video of a man hitting dogs. i didn't expect they would show the full video, i never would have watched that. it made me cry a lot and she ran from the complete opposite side of the house straight to me, jumped next to me, leaned her little body on me, placed her paw on my hand and looked at me straight in the eyes as if she's telling me everything is okay 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We have a 9 year old black kitty. We adopted her from Cats Protection 4 years ago she’s the best thing ever. Never had a cat in my life until then and now I could not see my life without one. She’s affectionate but only on her terms 😂 very noisy when it’s dinner time and loves trying to swipe food off my plate (often successfully)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m obsessed with my cats I never stop cuddling kissing stroking and just annoying them! I have two x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have a male lilac point British shorthair (5 months) and two male ragdolls (4 years old). I adore both breeds, they are so affectionate and gentle with kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have a 4 year old half British, half Russian shorthair. Had him since he was 8 weeks old and wouldn't be without him he's such a character. I have no kids so he's my baby he's spoilt rotten!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I love british shorthairs, they are gorgeous.

We have a nearly three old Siamese girl. We adopted her from cats protection just over a year ago, she was rescued from a breeder who was keeping them in really poor conditions. She is amazing! So affectionate, just loves a cuddle and would rather sit and sleep on top of me or my husband than her bed. Typical Siamese in that she loves to chat haha. A little snap of her -
20200316_091112 (2).jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have a 5 year old black & white cat 🥰, she’s my world. I was given her as a gift when I was going through a very bad patch with my mental health (very depressed & anxious), she’s saved me as I had to get out of bed and look after her. She’s very chirpy & chatty, and loves male attention😂

She has heart failure, and is on medication every 12 hours so I know my time with her is limited, but I adore her

• Heart
We’ve got an 8 month old blue Burmese - she’s completely bat tit crazy, snores like an old man, hunts anything that moves (toys, the washing machine, cars outside the window, rain.....) and I can’t imagine life without her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
This is my little lady. She's a tabby/white. Not 100% sure how old she is as she was a stray who was hanging around our garden for a while before she decided she was moving in for good. That was in 2014 and the vet reckoned she was about a year at the time, so she's around 7 now.
The photo was taken by a local photographer a few years ago. It was for an animal charity and done on a donation basis, but the photographer got some great shots of her.

Attachments

• Heart
This is my little lady. She's a tabby/white. Not 100% sure how old she is as she was a stray who was hanging around our garden for a while before she decided she was moving in for good. That was in 2014 and the vet reckoned she was about a year at the time, so she's around 7 now.
The photo was taken by a local photographer a few years ago. It was for an animal charity and done on a donation basis, but the photographer got some great shots of her.
I’d love to have something like this with ours but I don’t think she’d stay still enough 😂

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’d love to have something like this with ours but I don’t think she’d stay still enough 😂
It took a lot of treats bribary 😂 I don't know if you noticed it in the picture but she was actually licking cream off her nose there.
The photographer had a cat herself so she was very good with her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I have a male lilac point British shorthair (5 months) and two male ragdolls (4 years old). I adore both breeds, they are so affectionate and gentle with kids.
Wow you are so lucky. I absolutely Adore rag doll cats. Also Burmese cats are gorgeous too. I meet so many cats out and about - I am a post girl. And if I see a cat sitting on someone’s door step and it looks like they are in I knock on the door so the cat can go in 🥰

I have had cats all my life. My mum got a cat ( blotch tabby) when I was 6.. he lived til 18 he was absolutely amazing. Literally the best cat ever. He went blind in the end and a neighbours rescue dog from Romania attacked him andkilled him 💔💔💔 I was absolutely devastated. My mum has another cat ( grey and white)she is 14 and the sweetest thing. She doesn’t miaow she just says mow 😂 she’s a little nervous but adorable and has the loudest purr in the world. She had cat flu when she was a kitten and sometimes sneezes10 times in a row.Those were my childhood cats

the cats I have with my boyfriend are a rescue cat - my boyfriend rescued him from a scrap yard two years ago night before bonfire night. He was led on a pile of rubbish Staring at theg ground and didn’t even look up when he picked him up. I’ve never honestly seen a cat in a state like it. He was riddled with fleas you could see them on top of his fur and he was a bag of bones. He said he couldn’t leave him so we took him home for the night. No chip at the vets and put posters up around the area. Nothing. He is neutered and litter Trained so obviously been someones pet.He sleeps under our bed during the day and downstairs at night .. and his heart still races when we pick him up 🥺🥺🥺 got another long haired black and white cat who is sooo needy and loving 💓💓

First pic is the night we brought him home - the pic doesn’t do justice on how skinny he was 💔💔 second - last summer❤

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
This is my girl, she’s 6. She’s very much a loner, doesn’t really like other cats, and everything is on her terms. She hates being picked up, she almost screams when you do, but she absolutely loves tickle belly 😻
BBE16C82-C989-46D2-9A6A-CDFF3CDCC7CD.jpeg

• Heart
Omg a cat thread!!! I’m so happy! 😹 I adore our two babies. Our boy was left in a box at the vets when he was a kitten, so he moved in with us on the day we bought our first house. Our tabby girl came along a couple of months later from an overcrowded house. Both 8 years old now and bring us so much joy! They have their own little personalities and I couldn’t be without them ❤

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Omg a cat thread!!! I’m so happy! 😹 I adore our two babies. Our boy was left in a box at the vets when he was a kitten, so he moved in with us on the day we bought our first house. Our tabby girl came along a couple of months later from an overcrowded house. Both 8 years old now and bring us so much joy! They have their own little personalities and I couldn’t be without them ❤
I love the photo of the two of them cuddling up together 😻

• Heart
Reactions: 4