Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are your thoughts?

I binge watched in around 24 hours
Definitely enjoyed it although I don’t have much of a standard when it comes to series like this

There’s also been quite a lot of talk about that scene. Don’t want so say too much but would like to know some opinions.

Reactions: 9
I managed to have an afternoon in front of the tv to myself. I’m loving it pure escapism. Don’t think I’ve got to that scene yet. The lead actor just WOW. I could see him as the next James Bond

Reactions: 15
Long time lurker- been waiting for this thread to appear! Binged it all in 24 hours. Personally not sure what all the fuss is about with ‘that scene’.

Reactions: 6
I've watched up to episode 7, it's watchable but I think they've hyped up "that scene".

Reactions: 8
I’ve seen the first three episodes, enjoying it. Escapism! Not sure what “that scene” is. Will it be obvious?!?

I’ve seen the first three episodes, enjoying it. Escapism! Not sure what “that scene” is. Will it be obvious?!?
I only knew it was controversial after reading a news article, if you keep watching and don't see it, then that proves it's snowflakes and media hype.

Reactions: 6
It’s in episode 6 towards the end.
At first I didn’t think too much of it but the more I do the more I agree that it is problematic. However not to the extend that some media outlets make it seem.

On another note who was everyone’s favorite character?

Reactions: 1
Do you really need to ask that?

Reactions: 5
Just seen “the scene”, and I’ve read some articles about it. I personally wouldn’t have thought much of it, I may not have even noticed, but then I have no traumatic experience that would be triggered by it. I can see that some people would find it difficult. Lots of the behaviour of people in this time (and I know this series is in no way accurate, but that’s not to say lots of the dodgy behaviour didn’t go on!) was problematic for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Probably an unpopular opinion but I definitely think that Eloise character is more 2020 than Georgian, which spoils it for me a tad. As is the 3 sisters mother... I totally get that theres some artistic licence - the music and what have you but it’s hard to watch. Don’t get me started on Eloise smoking cigarettes!

Reactions: 12
Handy you could get Marlboro white down at the Ye Olde Shoppe though

Reactions: 16
Handy you could get Marlboro white down at the Ye Olde Shoppe though
Exactly, where would she even procured such a smoke, let alone they had barely been in the country nor invented for many smoke and then.... the way she held it. She’s more like a character from Lena Dunham’s Girls.

Reactions: 8
I’m halfway through and really enjoying it!
Already read about ‘the scene’, don’t really see the value in the hype - it’s yet another case of people applying modern day social norms to different eras of history and getting pointlessly outraged about it. It wouldn’t have been considered a big deal back then. Not to mention the whole thing is literally about outdated traditions...marrying young girls off like they’re property, being kissed ruins their ‘honour’ and reputation, but ‘that’ scene is the problematic bit here

Reactions: 11
Loving it! Watched one last night out of curiosity, ended up staying up until 2am haha
I love the colours, diversity, modern music.

Also 'that scene' is a nothing, and Def over hyped. I was actually in the middle of ep 6 when I read the comments on here and I wouldn't have even noticed anything, I was looking out for something.

Reactions: 9