Brianna Ghey Murder Trial #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two teenagers have been found guilty of the murder of Brianna Ghey.

The 16-year-old died after being stabbed 28 times in Culcheth Linear Park in Warrington on the afternoon of Saturday, February 11, this year. Two teens, who are also aged 16 and cannot be named for legal reasons, have been on trial at Manchester Crown Court accused of murdering her.

Girl X, from Warrington, and Boy Y, from Leigh, were unanimously convicted by a jury of seven men and five women. The verdicts were delivered after four hours and 40 minutes deliberations.

Mrs Justice Yip, the judge who has presided over the trial will pass sentence and name the killers on Feb 2nd. Until this time, do not disclose their identities or reveal personal details about them/their families.

Previous thread here: https://tattle.life/threads/brianna-ghey-murder-trial-3.43287/

Live reporting excepted to resume Feb 3rd here;

Rest in peace, Brianna

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I haven't followed the trial closely but I've read the threads on here and the debates about X and Y.

I'm in my 50s and I sometimes think part of the problem these days are that kids are coseted and protected so much that they have no idea about real life and responsibility

It might have been better if the parents of X and Y could have been straighter with their kids about that was acceptable behaviour. But sometimes these conversations are avoided to protect 'mental health'.

Same as Brianna themselves. An incredibly mixed up kid from most accounts.

I don't have kids so I'm aghast that going to the park to do coke is the same as necking a bottle of lambrini was in my day.

Reactions: 31
From @Thegirlwhouk on the last thread:

Yes I wasn't for a second suggesting Brianna was a 'bad kid' for going to the park to take drugs. She was vulnerable. The majority of kids who take drugs aren't bad, agreed but if you get excluded from school for essentially dealing drugs or something similar - as X did - that's a different kettle of fish.

X didn’t get excluded from school for essentially dealing - the police inspector said it was for “giving” cannabis to another student. If she’d been dealing, he’d have said so. That happens so regularly in schools.

Regardless, I don’t actually think there’s really that much difference in ‘evil-ness- levels’ between a teenager taking cocaine and another selling cannabis. I don’t think selling cannabis makes you evil…

We know that X wasn't a proper dealer and didn’t sell cocaine otherwise she wouldn’t have needed to invent a dealer who did to get Brianna to meet her!

ETA: imo all 3 kids weren’t safeguarded properly. But we don’t know what X’s mother did or didn’t do to contribute to how her daughter is. I don’t agree it affects her ability to teach. For one thing, many people are different in their professional lives than they are as parents.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I don't think it is common/ usual.
You are very naive if you think teenage drug use isn’t common or usual.
I work the welfare tent in big festivals each year, the amount of lone (more often than not the posh / well spoken tado type) 14 year olds, absolutely frothing at the brim from various chemicals that come into the welfare tent is absolutely astounding. With no parent or guardian, without any idea of what exactly they have taken. The harm reduction practices around substances in this country is horrific. IMO we need to teach young people how to take drugs properly, in proper amounts, what to do when something goes wrong, etc.
Drugs do not hold a moral compass. Taking them do not make you a good person or a bad person. They change how you feel / enhance your mood / experiences. There is no such thing as a good or bad drug. Each hold different risk profiles and some are more or less socially acceptable due to stereotypes. Realistically and statistically speaking, alcohol is the most high risk of all.
Giving your friend drugs for free or for money is still classed as dealing.
Children taking drugs doesn’t make them bad children, or more or less likely to murder. If drugs made children stab their friend to death 28 times, there would be no more children left. Drugs are rife, ‘normal’ among young people.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Honestly - normal. They came up from the cells and sat in the dock with staff between and behind them, they didn’t seem to even look at eachother (that I saw anyway) he kept his head down. I saw his evidence and he was let out of the dock and walked to a room next to the judge. I didn’t see her evidence. Both behaved well, that’s why when I read there was noise from the cells I knew it wasn’t them, as one of the days I went there was someone at it from the cells.

Reactions: 16
Honestly - normal. They came up from the cells and sat in the dock with staff between and behind them, they didn’t seem to even look at eachother (that I saw anyway) he kept his head down. I saw his evidence and he was let out of the dock and walked to a room next to the judge. I didn’t see her evidence. Both behaved well, that’s why when I read there was noise from the cells I knew it wasn’t them, as one of the days I went there was someone at it from the cells.
makes it all the more baffling how normal they seem

Reactions: 7
I think cannabis and E are common ish but cocaine is something else. It's a seriously nasty drug. Plus I do think those who use it show a lack of moral compass given the horrors behind its production. I don't expect 15 year olds to care about that, but I don't expect them to be using it or able to get hold of it either!

Reactions: 4
I think cannabis and E are common ish but cocaine is something else. It's a seriously nasty drug. Plus I do think those who use it show a lack of moral compass given the horrors behind its production. I don't expect 15 year olds to care about that, but I don't expect them to be using it or able to get hold of it either!
Well that’s what you ‘think’ and that what you ‘expect’ but I’m telling you what I know for definite. Two of my special interests are substances and harm reduction, esp in young people. I do voluntary work up and down the country keeping youngsters safe on the sesh at raves and festivals and have done talks in schools, also detox centres about my lived experience with drug addiction (now t-total). Dealers / shotters are finding young people on snap chat. Cocaine, MDMA, cannabis, ketamine, even benzodiazepines are all really easily accessible and they do use them. I will never ever let my children have Snapchat until they are 16. Never.

Reactions: 22
See I don't think this is weird. Plenty of horrific murderers have seemed normal, even really likeable in court. I suppose that's what makes them all the more dangerous
well yeah that's what I mean, it's baffling how normal people seem who are capable of horrific things

Reactions: 5
See I don't think this is weird. Plenty of horrific murderers have seemed normal, even really likeable in court. I suppose that's what makes them all the more dangerous
How are murderers meant to look? If they were acting sketchy and insane people would say it’s disturbing. When they act normal like nothings happened people say that’s disturbing. They have had since February to prepare for the case. Plus they are both neurodivergent and our responses aren’t always ‘normal’. I can come across quite cold and like I don’t care when something happens, even when someone I love dies. I do care and I can be very upset just don’t respond with tears and woes.

Reactions: 8
Cocaine is ten a penny in the north west sadly. More people doing it than not doing it. Been that way and worse since I was 16 and I'm mid 30`s. Appreciate it's not everyone's experience but certainly mine. Really not hard to get hold of sadly either.

Reactions: 15
MDMA (E) actually has a much more high risk profile than cocaine as can be neurotoxic if taken at more than 150mg / or taken more than once every 3 months. I’ve seen 14 year olds come in to the tent after taking 3+ pills or a whole gram of MDMA. I’ve seen the same girl come in 4 nights in a row after doing the same thing night after night. Trouble is a lot of pills come from the Netherlands, where you are penalised by the quantity pills you smuggle in. So they pack the pills with up to 3 x the amount as normal and send less over. It’s quite a high risk drug for teenagers, particularly if you don’t know how to take it safely or know how to test them / can get hold of a test kit to see what it’s cut with. A lot are cut with PMA which takes longer for the come up, so they take more thinking it’s not worked, then it all kicks in and they are in big trouble. It’s really quite scary. Toxicity wise it’s safer to have a line of coke.

Reactions: 18
How are murderers meant to look? If they were acting sketchy and insane people would say it’s disturbing. When they act normal like nothings happened people say that’s disturbing. They have had since February to prepare for the case. Plus they are both neurodivergent and our responses aren’t always ‘normal’. I can come across quite cold and like I don’t care when something happens, even when someone I love dies. I do care and I can be very upset just don’t respond with tears and woes.
I'm not sure what you're disputing here, I'm making the same point you are.

Reactions: 3
Plus they are both neurodivergent and our responses aren’t always ‘normal’. I can come across quite cold and like I don’t care when something happens, even when someone I love dies. I do care and I can be very upset just don’t respond with tears and woes.
@jammybee can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think what they were saying is that X and Y did come across as ‘normal’? ETA: I’ve just checked and @jammybee’s first line about how they seemed was “honestly, normal”.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.