Brianna Ghey Murder Trial #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think it is common/ usual.
Unfortunately its very common as a mum to teens ive seen it all over my sons friends instagrams taken ketamine having those balloons the lot very very scary world we live in. Only that my sons are sports men they tell me they wouldnt touch the stuff as it would ruin there careers

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
What’s the difference or significance please?
Public gallery for court 2 was in court 14 via screens. But the first day I went I just went into court 2 and each day I went after that - I went into 2.
She asked how busy the public gallery was and I don’t know how busy court 14 was but I just know court 2 always had free seats the days I went.

Reactions: 4
MDMA (E) actually has a much more high risk profile than cocaine as can be neurotoxic if taken at more than 150mg / or taken more than once every 3 months. I’ve seen 14 year olds come in to the tent after taking 3+ pills or a whole gram of MDMA. I’ve seen the same girl come in 4 nights in a row after doing the same thing night after night. Trouble is a lot of pills come from the Netherlands, where you are penalised by the quantity pills you smuggle in. So they pack the pills with up to 3 x the amount as normal and send less over. It’s quite a high risk drug for teenagers, particularly if you don’t know how to take it safely or know how to test them / can get hold of a test kit to see what it’s cut with. A lot are cut with PMA which takes longer for the come up, so they take more thinking it’s not worked, then it all kicks in and they are in big trouble. It’s really quite scary. Toxicity wise it’s safer to have a line of coke.
This is interesting/terrifying to know. My mid teen is very sociable and is really getting into parties and festivals. We’ve talked in depth about drugs (I raved a lot in the 90s) and we have (thankfully) a very honest open dialogue. A lot of her friends have taken coke, pills and ket and several have been smoking weed since they were 13/14. So far all she’s done is smoke some weed and overdone it on the vodka a few times but she is in an environment where she is surrounded by drugs. At the moment she’s ’too scared’ to try anything harder but I’m not stupid enough to think that temptation won’t get the better of her eventually. Drugs in this country are a huge issue with our young people and echoing what someone up thread said, education around them is key to helping to keep our children safe. I’ll speak to my teen again and use your post as reference so thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Public gallery for court 2 was in court 14 via screens. But the first day I went I just went into court 2 and each day I went after that - I went into 2.
She asked how busy the public gallery was and I don’t know how busy court 14 was but I just know court 2 always had free seats the days I went.
I might try and go to sentencing, any advice you would give?

Reactions: 1
I might try and go to sentencing, any advice you would give?
Don’t take perfume mine was taken off me and given back afterwards. Your bag is searched like the airport etc get there early for that I guess it will be busy. The guys are all friendly on security just walk into the building after security and look on the screens. They won’t be named it will be stars like this ***

Reactions: 13
Unfortunately its very common as a mum to teens ive seen it all over my sons friends instagrams taken ketamine having those balloons the lot very very scary world we live in. Only that my sons are sports men they tell me they wouldnt touch the stuff as it would ruin there careers
Yes, I suppose so. I know it's rife everywhere but I also don't think all teens and kids do it. I have an older teen who vapes weed and takes occasional LSD and mushrooms - I did all of these myself at the same age or younger, and older - but I don't think he's gone down the NO2 route and I hope not MDMA and ket (I also did a lot of these in my teens and twenties) and I really hope not cocaine as I have had three friends with heart issues from cocaine use - two of whom have died.

Anyway, I concede it is rife and a lot of teenagers do these things but a fair amount don't too. I think when you see that a lot of people do do a wide variety of class As you can assume that everyone does but they dpn't necessaarily.

(Contradicting myself all over this post!)

Reactions: 7
Thank you! What a logistic nightmare it must all have been. With 2 courtrooms and X and Y sometimes in a nearby room and live feeds for all rooms.

Were the parents of all 3 in courtroom 2?

I wonder if X & Y's family would have been briefed on what they would hear in court or if that was the first time hearing it.

Reactions: 2
I wonder if X & Y's family would have been briefed on what they would hear in court or if that was the first time hearing it.
I’d be very surprised if they weren’t.
X & Y are minors.
And to ensure that they understood what their legal teams were telling them, their lawyers may well speak to the parents or other accompanying adults to ask them to reiterate key points. Especially in Y’s case as he was only talking to his mother.

Regarding the drug chat, I was a teenager in the early 2000s and the only drug I came across in my circle of friends was weed and alcohol but I was alternative/goth and most of the people I knew didn't do hard drugs, some were even straight edge (sober) but I knew people in school who would do LSD, shrooms and pills. Speed was a big one for my older sibling who was a teenager in the 90s but my younger sibling who's only 3 years younger than me was around a lot of coke, although they never did it because they played a lot of sport and would be drug tested. So I guess what I'm trying to say is I think it depends on friends groups and maybe even trends in years you grew up in? I went on to do a masters degree in drug taking within prisons and the community and heroin was a big inner city problem at the time and it was also widely used in prisons as it doesn't stay in the system for as long as weed.

Reactions: 9
Thank you! What a logistic nightmare it must all have been. With 2 courtrooms and X and Y sometimes in a nearby room and live feeds for all rooms.

Were the parents of all 3 in courtroom 2?
I only saw x and y parents never BGs so I assume they were in court 14 upstairs

Reactions: 6
This is interesting/terrifying to know. My mid teen is very sociable and is really getting into parties and festivals. We’ve talked in depth about drugs (I raved a lot in the 90s) and we have (thankfully) a very honest open dialogue. A lot of her friends have taken coke, pills and ket and several have been smoking weed since they were 13/14. So far all she’s done is smoke some weed and overdone it on the vodka a few times but she is in an environment where she is surrounded by drugs. At the moment she’s ’too scared’ to try anything harder but I’m not stupid enough to think that temptation won’t get the better of her eventually. Drugs in this country are a huge issue with our young people and echoing what someone up thread said, education around them is key to helping to keep our children safe. I’ll speak to my teen again and use your post as reference so thank you.
I used to run a harm reduction facebook page that went world wide, even made it in vice magazine a few times. It got shut down in the end as went against Facebook guidelines 🙄 every weekend for 3 years we were inundated with teenagers needing advice and support. There is nowhere for them to get this information in real time anymore.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I watched a Real Crime documentary on YouTube about Broadmoor. There's a patient on it at around 10 minutes who really reminds me of the boy. He's autistic but has had many different diagnosis. Psychologists can't quite work him out. He attacked his family out of the blue. He's never admitted it, he can't understand his own emotions so channels it through artwork. He's very articulate.

Reactions: 5
I was reading about borderline personality disorder lately and it really reminded me of X. Lashing out harshly when people "wronged" her but very manipulative when she wants to be. Fear of abandonment, self-harm, destructive behaviours. Risky and extreme behaviour obviously with the dark web. I think she will be diagnosed with this when she's older.

Regarding the drug chat, I was a teenager in the early 2000s and the only drug I came across in my circle of friends was weed and alcohol but I was alternative/goth and most of the people I knew didn't do hard drugs, some were even straight edge (sober) but I knew people in school who would do LSD, shrooms and pills. Speed was a big one for my older sibling who was a teenager in the 90s but my younger sibling who's only 3 years younger than me was around a lot of coke, although they never did it because they played a lot of sport and would be drug tested. So I guess what I'm trying to say is I think it depends on friends groups and maybe even trends in years you grew up in? I went on to do a masters degree in drug taking within prisons and the community and heroin was a big inner city problem at the time and it was also widely used in prisons as it doesn't stay in the system for as long as weed.
I think you're right. It depends on your own background. Never did any drugs and wasn't around anyone who did. There were some scary kids who did but they all got expelled. I'm honestly not in my 80s but it's terrifying to read how common it is now. Also, how are they affording this tit?! I saved up my babysitting money for weeks to get a Marshmallow Whip lipstick FFS.

Reactions: 11
I was reading about borderline personality disorder lately and it really reminded me of X. Lashing out harshly when people "wronged" her but very manipulative when she wants to be. Fear of abandonment, self-harm, destructive behaviours. Risky and extreme behaviour obviously with the dark web. I think she will be diagnosed with this when she's older.
EUPD as it’s known now is quite common. It’s not one of the dark triad ones, which is what she’s likely to have, it’s the least bad out of cluster B

Reactions: 5
Don’t take perfume mine was taken off me and given back afterwards. Your bag is searched like the airport etc get there early for that I guess it will be busy. The guys are all friendly on security just walk into the building after security and look on the screens. They won’t be named it will be stars like this ***
Thanks did you have to dress a certain way?

I’m just re-listening to the podcast as I didn’t take some of it in. I don’t doubt Y’s diagnosis, but some of the things he said sound like they’ve come straight out the autism playbook.
“I am sentimental about my inanimate objects”
And how he can’t identify his feelings.
I genuinely believe he’s been told/researched and is trying to use it to his advantage. I’m not sure though?

I also say this as an autistic person.

Reactions: 10
Thanks did you have to dress a certain way?
I’m not sure if there is a rule, I was in smart work clothes - a dress, shoes and long smart coat. Maybe I just looked like I worked there.
---
Having seen him in court I DO believe the autism diagnosis tbh I got that vibe. I’m just saying, please don’t be offended that I’m suggesting it somehow can be “seen” but I mean mannerisms and how he moved around and interacted with staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.