Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gembo

VIP Member
So sorry you had a bad experience - I havent had a reduction but wanted to share this about a consultation for an enlargement I had a couple of years ago because I can relate to what you’ve said.

I’d had a boob job 5 years previously but was unhappy with the size and shape so decided to have them done again. It wasn’t a quick decision, it was something I’d considered for a year before I went for it.

I went for a consultation with one surgeon who, when I took my top off, just said “there’s nothing wrong with them”. I felt a bit embarrassed and explained what I was unhappy with and he took some measurements and then basically gave me a lecture about why I shouldn’t have them done. Same sort of thing about surgery being a big thing, lots could go wrong, I might not like the results. He was really patronising and was making it sound like I was just doing it for no reason. At one point he even asked me what my boyfriend and dad think! My mum was with me and he actually really affected what she thought about me having them done again, and she then came out of the appointment saying he was the surgeon and maybe he was right. I was fuming but also so so upset. Exactly like you said, it’s so awful being made to feel like something you really want so much might not happen. I cried on the drive home too and I was upset about it for ages as I’d been set on him being the surgeon I wanted.

A few weeks later I went to see another surgeon and he was amazing. He did tell me that there are no guaranteed results but he wasn’t negative, he understood my insecurities and was very factual about what he could and couldn’t do. He showed me photos of previous surgeries he’d done and talked everything though with me in a really friendly but professional way. He completely turned a negative experience into a positive one and I went ahead with him and couldn’t be more pleased with my results.

I know reduction and uplifts can be more complicated than enlargements/implants but if it’s something you still want to go ahead with I really would suggest having other consultations elsewhere to get other opinions. Really hope it goes well for you and you get what you’re looking for x
Thank you so much for sharing that with me it’s made me feel a bit better. I was still tearful yesterday, today just more confused and sad. I’m sorry that you went through that experience but I’m glad it worked out in the end. My husband suggested that I go and see someone else too but like you were, I felt really set on the Dr I went to see before I actually saw him. I feel a bit beaten down by it now, I did actually feel really stupid when I walked out and still can’t work out what happened. He wasn’t rude or anything like that but I feel like maybe there was some kind of miscommunication because I can’t work out how he was able to tell me he wouldn’t be able to get me the results I want when I hadn’t really discussed what I wanted. I’m trying to go back over it all in my mind. And lots of women with many shapes and sizes of boobs have a reduction or uplift, I can’t see anything when I look at my boobs that gives me any understanding as to why it wouldn’t work for me.

I’m going to give it until after Christmas and see how I feel then. Definitely feels like I need to dust myself off and pick myself up to be able to do it again but part of me just feels like I don’t want to go through it again. But I’m sure it probably would be a good idea to and I guess I will know the time is right if I start to feel ready and want to try again. Thank you so much your words are the first that have made a difference to how I’m feeling xx

Hi all, I had a reduction/uplift 4 years ago, in my early 20’s, went private through Harley medical clinic (women throughout the consultation and different appointments were so lovely) and went for surgeon Mark Solomos after research online, advice from the clinic and personal preference.

It is hands down the best thing I have ever done for my self confidence and don’t regret it in the slightest, if I ever had children and ended up needing surgery again for some reason, I would in a heartbeat.

My mum also ended up having the same surgery with mark early this year too, and is happy with her results!

I’m happy to answer any questions or help if anyone would like some advice! :)
Thank you for that, I will look him up. We’re you very big to begin with was it much of a change that you had? The consultant I saw I think said to me that my boobs aren’t actually that big they’re just heavy but I do wear a 32E so to me that’s pretty sizeable and also he said that I have grade 2 ptosis so again that says to me that I could use a lift 🤷🏻‍♀️