Breast reduction/uplift

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all,

I saw the thread for things people would like to get done but hope it’s ok to start a separate thread here. I’m really seriously contemplating a breast reduction and/or uplift and would really like to know other peoples experiences, good and bad.

I’ve always been heavy chested but after some weight loss in my 30’s, while their size has reduced they have also dropped a bit. I’m around a bra size 32E now but I think at least one cup of that is from drooping. I wear a bra constantly because I hate the feel without one and am very jealous of all the women who can take theirs off at the end of the day. I don’t get back ache or anything like that but I feel like I need full support, I hate the feel of them moving so I’m always in a full cup underwired 😞 and it really restricts the clothes I can wear due to unsightly straps. I’ve tried strapless but find they just drop too much.

Ive always thought about getting them done but always in a kind of maybe one day way. Well I think one day is here 😱 I can afford it now and there’s nothing really holding me back except that non essential surgery terrifies me, I already have some anxiety about this but I think some of it is also excitement maybe too. So if anyone would be happy to share any of their experiences I would really appreciate that.

Reactions: 6
Haven’t got experience myself but I am thinking about surgery too - “thinking” meaning 99.99% sure I want it done but need to do research and save more first. I’m a similar size and can relate to your struggles, I’m so jealous of women who can go braless

I’d recommend you do a lot of research first. Realself.com is good for finding out more about the available surgeons and many of them provide before and after photos of their patients so you can see their work and get an idea of what can be achieved. Obviously research the hell out of the surgeons you consider, go for multiple consultations and be wary of any that aren’t straightforward with you. Educate yourself on the risks and be prepared for anything. I recommend watching Nelly London’s video about how her surgery went wrong. Part of the issue apparently couldn’t have been prevented (her body rejected the stitches which caused them to heal poorly) so even with the best surgeon in the world things can go wrong

Sorry I can’t offer much advice but hopefully someone with experience will come along

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Following this thread with interest 🙌

Similar story. Had large boobs (damn both sides of the family and our bussom-y genetics!) since they started growing at 10-11. They just kind of went from nothing to C cup over night before settling on an F cup (34 F). I'm tall and hourglass figured (sometimes a little more chunkier than others!) so they don't look out of place on me but I absolutely hate them. Same as you guys- can't go without bra, fed up of those painful canyon dips on my shoulders from bra straps. I've worn bras to sleep in since I was 10 and the only time I go without is having a shower. I've got problems with my back and upper body that aren't caused by boobs but certainly are aggravated by them.if I don't wear a bra my nipples are literally purple from the weight of them being pulled down 😠

I had a consultation in my early 20s where the consultant didn't want to do the surgery as he thought I was too young. I'd also only asked for an uplift and didn't want a reduction which he, rightly, said wouldn't give me the results I wanted. Fair enough. Much better to have someone honest than just take the money.

10 years later and various health problems I now can't take the pain of them anymore. I had a consultation in February this year. I looked carefully for a surgeon, looking in London and near where I am. As it happens, there's someone near me who is well respected in breast reconstruction and operative techniques. He was great, very honest and open about the realities and what could be achieved. I was going to have it done in march but another more serious health problem cropped up that has required none elective surgery so giving my body a rest (and aside from that but very importantly the hospital gave over it's private facilities to the NHS). ABSOLUTELY going to go ahead with it, though.

Hope to hear stories from anyone who has had it done! Thanks for setting up the thread 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Haven’t got experience myself but I am thinking about surgery too - “thinking” meaning 99.99% sure I want it done but need to do research and save more first. I’m a similar size and can relate to your struggles, I’m so jealous of women who can go braless

I’d recommend you do a lot of research first. Realself.com is good for finding out more about the available surgeons and many of them provide before and after photos of their patients so you can see their work and get an idea of what can be achieved. Obviously research the hell out of the surgeons you consider, go for multiple consultations and be wary of any that aren’t straightforward with you. Educate yourself on the risks and be prepared for anything. I recommend watching Nelly London’s video about how her surgery went wrong. Part of the issue apparently couldn’t have been prevented (her body rejected the stitches which caused them to heal poorly) so even with the best surgeon in the world things can go wrong

Sorry I can’t offer much advice but hopefully someone with experience will come along
Thank you, yep sounds like we’re at the same point, I keep feeling like I’d do it right now if I could but still very nervous. I’ve spent the past couple of months pretty much decided I want to go ahead, and just the past few days starting to look at surgeons. Feeling quite overwhelmed and emotional and going back and forth from definitely having it done to hmm well maybe. I think for me it’s 90% a vanity thing in that I can’t wear a lot of the tops and dresses I would like to and the other 10% is just what a pain in the ass they are and how uncomfortable they can be, especially in the hot weather where I hate even wearing a vest because I feel too busty so it’s always T-shirt’s.

Ive definitely been thinking about the risks and scarring and think I’ll know a lot more about that after having some consultations as well. I will keep this thread updated if people are interested.

Following this thread with interest 🙌

Similar story. Had large boobs (damn both sides of the family and our bussom-y genetics!) since they started growing at 10-11. They just kind of went from nothing to C cup over night before settling on an F cup (34 F). I'm tall and hourglass figured (sometimes a little more chunkier than others!) so they don't look out of place on me but I absolutely hate them. Same as you guys- can't go without bra, fed up of those painful canyon dips on my shoulders from bra straps. I've worn bras to sleep in since I was 10 and the only time I go without is having a shower. I've got problems with my back and upper body that aren't caused by boobs but certainly are aggravated by them.if I don't wear a bra my nipples are literally purple from the weight of them being pulled down 😠

I had a consultation in my early 20s where the consultant didn't want to do the surgery as he thought I was too young. I'd also only asked for an uplift and didn't want a reduction which he, rightly, said wouldn't give me the results I wanted. Fair enough. Much better to have someone honest than just take the money.

10 years later and various health problems I now can't take the pain of them anymore. I had a consultation in February this year. I looked carefully for a surgeon, looking in London and near where I am. As it happens, there's someone near me who is well respected in breast reconstruction and operative techniques. He was great, very honest and open about the realities and what could be achieved. I was going to have it done in march but another more serious health problem cropped up that has required none elective surgery so giving my body a rest (and aside from that but very importantly the hospital gave over it's private facilities to the NHS). ABSOLUTELY going to go ahead with it, though.

Hope to hear stories from anyone who has had it done! Thanks for setting up the thread 💖
Ah we sound so similar, it’s nice in a way to know I’m not alone and others know what it’s like, it’s not something I ever really talk about and it feels like you’re the only woman on the planet wearing an underwired bra to bed! I only take my bra off to shower too and I hate every moment of it they feel so heavy!

Its really positive to hear that you plan to still go ahead when you’re feeling ready, I hope whatever was wrong is now better. Maybe we can keep each other posted. I’m not too far from London (in that I’m not on the outskirts or anything but where I am is a driveable distance there and back in a day) so have thought about looking for surgeons there but ideally would like to stick closer to where I am. I’ve found someone who looks good but is only doing zoom consultations at the moment, there’s something about the prospect of maybe having to flash my boobs at a webcam that’s making me feel like he should be paying me 😄

• Heart
  • Haha
I know someone who had this done in her early 20's (yes, they were that big! And painful!) She is now in her 30's with 2 kids and hasn't regretted her decision once. I can't relate, I hardly need to even wear a bra but just wanted to share a positive experience that I know of.

Thank you, yep sounds like we’re at the same point, I keep feeling like I’d do it right now if I could but still very nervous. I’ve spent the past couple of months pretty much decided I want to go ahead, and just the past few days starting to look at surgeons. Feeling quite overwhelmed and emotional and going back and forth from definitely having it done to hmm well maybe. I think for me it’s 90% a vanity thing in that I can’t wear a lot of the tops and dresses I would like to and the other 10% is just what a pain in the ass they are and how uncomfortable they can be, especially in the hot weather where I hate even wearing a vest because I feel too busty so it’s always T-shirt’s.

Ive definitely been thinking about the risks and scarring and think I’ll know a lot more about that after having some consultations as well. I will keep this thread updated if people are interested.
The emotional back and forth sounds natural and is probably a good thing as you’re really thinking things through. I think vanity is a completely valid reason as it’s obviously affecting your life and even those minor issues can have a big impact on your mental health - I sometimes get quite down with not being able to dress how I want, too. You sound really level headed. While researching I also read that you should talk it over with your GP even though you’re going private so they might be able to offer some support as well

Please do keep the thread updated, I’m still a long way off actually taking the plunge so would be interested in following your journey

Reactions: 2
I feel you. I’m 22 and a 34GG, my back hurts if I don’t wear a bra for more than 15 minutes and i start to feel very insecure in clothing. Even modest clothing looks very busty on me and looks too revealing

I went to see a doctor about it, but he told me that it’s likely I won’t be able to breastfeed in the future if I went through with it and my breasts will change a lot throughout pregnancy, so I decided to wait til after I had kids to get a reduction. He also told me it wasn’t straightforward, I have to be a normal BMI (I lost a stone and then got into the ‘normal’ category), and my case would be forwarded to a panel of experts who would decide if I could have it on the NHS

but, if I didn’t want to breastfeed in the future, I would get one tomorrow if I could. If it’s making you unhappy, do it! ❤

Ah we sound so similar, it’s nice in a way to know I’m not alone and others know what it’s like, it’s not something I ever really talk about and it feels like you’re the only woman on the planet wearing an underwired bra to bed! I only take my bra off to shower too and I hate every moment of it they feel so heavy!

Its really positive to hear that you plan to still go ahead when you’re feeling ready, I hope whatever was wrong is now better. Maybe we can keep each other posted. I’m not too far from London (in that I’m not on the outskirts or anything but where I am is a driveable distance there and back in a day) so have thought about looking for surgeons there but ideally would like to stick closer to where I am. I’ve found someone who looks good but is only doing zoom consultations at the moment, there’s something about the prospect of maybe having to flash my boobs at a webcam that’s making me feel like he should be paying me 😄

Hahaha. Absolutely!!! Haha. Actually, as part of my deep dive into research I looked on Reddit forums for girls with bigger boobs and there are A LOT of men who like a heavier boob 👀👀 However, it never has and never will be about pleasing anyone but you. Mind you, I do think, like you said, it's nice to know that you're not alone in your experiences etc. The Reddit forums we're a good way to get to see that there are plenty of women with similar boobs out there. Made me feel better but didn't change wanting them done.

Yeah, I think the journey home from where you get it done is definitely something to consider. I knew a girl who had it done (knew vaguely-not in touch to ask her about it) in the next city to her and the journey home the next day in the back of her mum's car really hurt. Which isn't great when you consider what you've just had done and things like road bumps etc 😳

The surgeon should look at things like your rib cage positioning etc. as that will make a difference to overall results (mine noticed my upper rib cage is elevated which you can see when I stand to the side. This means I can get away with having smaller boobs but look like they're a bit bigger as they project quite high up).

Something else I learnt was your breast has a 'take off'. If you stand to the side and look where the first fold of your boob is- that's where your boob will 'settle. It's hard to explain, but once the swelling goes down they'll settle to that 'level'. So if your take off is low, they'll never sit super high. Which isn't a problem at all, but something the surgeon pointed out as some people think they can ask for a set of new boobs straight out of the Littlewoods catalogue but genetics will always influence the final result 👍🏻

Very happy to keep this open and talk about experiences.

Good luck with the consultation!!💖

(And thanks💓structural skeletal issues rather than anything more sinister, thankfully. Getting there!).

The emotional back and forth sounds natural and is probably a good thing as you’re really thinking things through. I think vanity is a completely valid reason as it’s obviously affecting your life and even those minor issues can have a big impact on your mental health - I sometimes get quite down with not being able to dress how I want, too. You sound really level headed. While researching I also read that you should talk it over with your GP even though you’re going private so they might be able to offer some support as well

Please do keep the thread updated, I’m still a long way off actually taking the plunge so would be interested in following your journey
Thank you, level headed is probably the last thing anyone who knows me would call me, in fact you might be the first to ever say it 😄 but when it comes to things like this I am absolutely going to do my research and take my time, it’s just too important. In a way I don’t think that it will ‘change my life’ but I think it will make things easier like finding underwear and nicer clothes, nicer bikinis for holidays and not so much a struggle in hot weather and I like to think it might help me feel a bit younger too, I sometimes feel like I’m always having to wear boring tops. Having lost all the weight as well (7 stone, then 1 has gone back on but that’s coming back off) I think it would help finish off my transformation a bit. I am more than happy to keep the thread updated and let people know what I learn along the way x

I feel you. I’m 22 and a 34GG, my back hurts if I don’t wear a bra for more than 15 minutes and i start to feel very insecure in clothing. Even modest clothing looks very busty on me and looks too revealing

I went to see a doctor about it, but he told me that it’s likely I won’t be able to breastfeed in the future if I went through with it and my breasts will change a lot throughout pregnancy, so I decided to wait til after I had kids to get a reduction. He also told me it wasn’t straightforward, I have to be a normal BMI (I lost a stone and then got into the ‘normal’ category), and my case would be forwarded to a panel of experts who would decide if I could have it on the NHS

but, if I didn’t want to breastfeed in the future, I would get one tomorrow if I could. If it’s making you unhappy, do it! ❤
Thank you for sharing, I hope you will be able to go ahead one day if you still decide that is what you would like. It’s good that you’ve had the chat with your dr so you’re already a bit ahead in knowing what to expect in the first steps if you do ever go ahead. I bet there will be a lot of information to take in.

Hahaha. Absolutely!!! Haha. Actually, as part of my deep dive into research I looked on Reddit forums for girls with bigger boobs and there are A LOT of men who like a heavier boob 👀👀 However, it never has and never will be about pleasing anyone but you. Mind you, I do think, like you said, it's nice to know that you're not alone in your experiences etc. The Reddit forums we're a good way to get to see that there are plenty of women with similar boobs out there. Made me feel better but didn't change wanting them done.

Yeah, I think the journey home from where you get it done is definitely something to consider. I knew a girl who had it done (knew vaguely-not in touch to ask her about it) in the next city to her and the journey home the next day in the back of her mum's car really hurt. Which isn't great when you consider what you've just had done and things like road bumps etc 😳

The surgeon should look at things like your rib cage positioning etc. as that will make a difference to overall results (mine noticed my upper rib cage is elevated which you can see when I stand to the side. This means I can get away with having smaller boobs but look like they're a bit bigger as they project quite high up).

Something else I learnt was your breast has a 'take off'. If you stand to the side and look where the first fold of your boob is- that's where your boob will 'settle. It's hard to explain, but once the swelling goes down they'll settle to that 'level'. So if your take off is low, they'll never sit super high. Which isn't a problem at all, but something the surgeon pointed out as some people think they can ask for a set of new boobs straight out of the Littlewoods catalogue but genetics will always influence the final result 👍🏻

Very happy to keep this open and talk about experiences.

Good luck with the consultation!!💖

(And thanks💓structural skeletal issues rather than anything more sinister, thankfully. Getting there!).
I’m sure there’s no shortage of men who like bigger boobs! 😄 I’m really lucky that I have a very loving and supportive husband who always reassures me he loves me however I am and will support whatever will make me happy.

I knew nothing at all about rib cage positioning, thank you for that I’m going to go and take a look in the mirror in a minute and have a google and see what I think mine is like. It would be a dream to just be able to select the pair you would like! I have started an album on my iPad called boobs of the sort of size I would like to show the surgeon as I think that’s probably a good starting point, I do keep my iPad password protected 😄

Im getting very close to starting to arrange consultations so I will keep people updated, my husband keeps telling me to just do it but there’s this part of me that is still holding back just a little bit and I’m not sure why!

I know someone who had this done in her early 20's (yes, they were that big! And painful!) She is now in her 30's with 2 kids and hasn't regretted her decision once. I can't relate, I hardly need to even wear a bra but just wanted to share a positive experience that I know of.
Hi, sorry somehow I missed your post when I replied to the others. Apologies for that! It’s nice to hear that someone has had the surgery and doesn’t regret it! I would happily swap you, I’d love to be able to go bra less or just to be able to wear a pretty bralette. Maybe one day!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hi, I've always been a lurker on these threads but reading this thread caught my eye so felt the need to come and offer you my opinion as 18 months ago, I had a breast reduction and it was honestly the best decision ever. I was previously a 30H and am now roughly a 32DD/E, the difference is amazing. There may be other readers who have also had surgery but I'm happy to answer any questions??
Just to give you an idea of my journey, I too was fed up with the size of my boobs, visited my GP who referred me to the NHS surgeon. Now, I know I was extremely lucky as its really quite rare to get the op on the NHS however even had I not qualified for the surgery, it would still have been worth investing in getting he op done privately. My BMI was within the criteria, think I have a BMI of 23 and the limit is about 25/26. I didn't request a particular size but the consultant calculated how much he needed to remove and estimated that I would be reduced to a DD which may sound big but for my frame is just perfect. Your nipples are also made smaller and repositioned.
I know its classed as major surgery but my surgery went like a breeze, in 2 nights and then home to recover, I was off work for about 5 weeks, driving after 3, overall my recovery was brilliant.
Yes, they look bruised and swollen but honestly the feeling when you come out of surgery, its like been in awe of these pert little boobs. The pain was fine and manageable, i came home with drains but these were removed 2 days after coming home. Not all surgeons use drains but they are supposed to help reduce the amount of bruising as they drain the excess blood away.
I live on my own so obviously sleep on my own so I had no worries about anyone knocking elbows into me but I did use 2 pillows down my side to keep me in position on my back as you won't be able to sleep on your side for a good few weeks and you will need to wear a bra in bed for the first 12 months though I still wear one as I am paranoid about them getting droopy! Theres probably more I could tell you but one thing I can say is that its not a horrendous operation, yes surgery is probably about 5 hours (mine was only 2 and a half because I had 2 surgeons operating on me) but please don't let any nightmare experiences put you off, they will be few and far between.
Please feel free to ask me any questions.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi, I've always been a lurker on these threads but reading this thread caught my eye so felt the need to come and offer you my opinion as 18 months ago, I had a breast reduction and it was honestly the best decision ever. I was previously a 30H and am now roughly a 32DD/E, the difference is amazing. There may be other readers who have also had surgery but I'm happy to answer any questions??
Just to give you an idea of my journey, I too was fed up with the size of my boobs, visited my GP who referred me to the NHS surgeon. Now, I know I was extremely lucky as its really quite rare to get the op on the NHS however even had I not qualified for the surgery, it would still have been worth investing in getting he op done privately. My BMI was within the criteria, think I have a BMI of 23 and the limit is about 25/26. I didn't request a particular size but the consultant calculated how much he needed to remove and estimated that I would be reduced to a DD which may sound big but for my frame is just perfect. Your nipples are also made smaller and repositioned.
I know its classed as major surgery but my surgery went like a breeze, in 2 nights and then home to recover, I was off work for about 5 weeks, driving after 3, overall my recovery was brilliant.
Yes, they look bruised and swollen but honestly the feeling when you come out of surgery, its like been in awe of these pert little boobs. The pain was fine and manageable, i came home with drains but these were removed 2 days after coming home. Not all surgeons use drains but they are supposed to help reduce the amount of bruising as they drain the excess blood away.
I live on my own so obviously sleep on my own so I had no worries about anyone knocking elbows into me but I did use 2 pillows down my side to keep me in position on my back as you won't be able to sleep on your side for a good few weeks and you will need to wear a bra in bed for the first 12 months though I still wear one as I am paranoid about them getting droopy! Theres probably more I could tell you but one thing I can say is that its not a horrendous operation, yes surgery is probably about 5 hours (mine was only 2 and a half because I had 2 surgeons operating on me) but please don't let any nightmare experiences put you off, they will be few and far between.
Can't keep my eyes open but wanted to say thank you for this post and that I'll definitely be hopping on tomorrow to ask questions! Thank you 💖💖

Thank you so much for posting your positive experience it’s so good to hear! And I’m really pleased for you that you are so happy with your results! At the moment I’m unsure if I need just a reduction, just an uplift or both but I guess when I start having consultations they will be able to let me know what they think is best for me.
how is your scarring and how do you feel about it? For me that’s probably the single biggest thing putting me off and I’m trying to weigh up if I’d end up feeling worse about them than I do now 🤔
With me now since I’ve lost weight, to look at me I don’t think anyone would think I was particularly big breasted and in fact they don’t feel that huge to me now compared to how they were but I just feel they’re bigger than I like and definitely too heavy for me. There’s just so much to weigh up but I am so happy to hear that you have no regrets!

Hey!
Thanks so much for taking time to post that. So, so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience.

Just a couple of questions if you don't mind :)

You said you had 5 weeks off work. I work from home in a desk based role so I'm hoping it would be quicker. But do you feel like you needed the full 5? Just best to be prepared.

The chest drains interest me. I had three rounds of upper body surgery that required chest drains. I wasn't allowed out of hospital until they'd drained completely and have had some lasting damage from one not draining completely BUT I think that my other upper body surgery was more 'fiddly' so I'm not too worried but probably something I should bring up with the surgeon. Just thinking out loud!

Very interesting that you had it done through the NHS. The problems that come with larger chests cannot be overestimated so I definitely think it's justified. And well done to your GP for being so open to refering you. I don't think my health board would cover it but, like you said, it's definitely something I'd do even if it was twice the price of having it done privately (please dot let it actually double in price!!😂💸)

Thanks again for replying. So useful having someone to chat to. 💖

I feel your pain. The smallest breasts I’ve ever had since developing was 32F. I have put on weight and now a 36J. I really struggle. I feel smothered when I sit down, always hated how I look in clothes but at the same down they’re really not pert. I ‘joke’ they roll away. I dream of having a perky C cup. My mum died of breast cancer and I worry so much that I will miss a lump because they’re so big you can’t feel properly. Would love a tummy tuck and a breaaf reduction and uplift.

• Heart
Hi everyone, for some reason it won't let me reply direct to each post ?
Amyway, in answer to your questions:
Gambo- My boobs were originally a 30H and I had one boob that was considerably bigger than the other, the surgeon calculated that there was a 20% difference. I haven't advertised the fact that Ive had a reduction but for those of my friends who I told, everyone of them said, they had never noticed the size of my boobs but thats because I was so good at disgusting them. However I was always really self conscious, blouses always gaping, not being able to wear anything clingy, always having to wear a bra and them being quite droopy, I had permanent indentations in my shoulders from the weight of them along with neck/back ache.
I think most surgeons will be considering how much in weight they can remove, I think I had just less than a kilo, about 480g from the bigger boob and about 350g from the other. I was never bothered about being a particular size as long as I still had some boobs left and my surgeon was great in that being a breast cancer specialist, he was quite in tune with keeping woman, womanly, if that makes sense? He was great in describing exactly how the operation is performed, one of my questions was the size of my nipples but he reassured me that these would be in proportion to my new boobs so basically (please look away if sightly squeamish!) they make an anchor incision (cut down from he nipple then along the base of the boob) lift the nipple off but keep it attached to some of the skin, take away the breast tissue then the excess skin is folded over and your nipple sewn back but is reduced in size.
As for scarring, yes, you do come home looking a bit like frankensteins monster BUT these do eventually fade. At about 8 weeks, when they are much less tender, you start to massage the scars using a natural oil, like Rosehip and massage the scars daily. I still do this even now and 18 months down the line, my scars are really faint. I know that the lighter the skin, the easier they are to fade so for Asian/Afro Carribean ladies, there is a higher chance of them remaining raised but not always.

Mallets: My role is also desk based and to be honest, I think by about 4 weeks, I could if pushed gone back but I get full sick pay so I took advantage of that and didn't rush back! I would say though that I did under estimate the affects of having a big operation and whilst I was up baking cakes a week after my op ( not recommended, I was bored!) I have never slept as much in my life. The anaesthetic can take a good 2/3 weeks to wear off, I slept like a baby at night, would lounge on the sofa, but then keep dropping off for a couple of hours during the day. I live on my own and I know that some people warned me that i wouldn't even be able to lift a kettle so I was slightly apprehensive however when I told my surgeon this, he looked at me like I had 2 heads! He encouraged me to keep my arms and upper body moving, nothing obviously strenuous but enough to stop my arms seizing up. As for the drains, there was one in either side and as I was still draining blood, they discharged me home with them and a district nurse came to check the levels of blood and after 2 days, she removed them.

Apologies for war and peace but hand on heart, for anyone seriously contemplating having it done, I could not recommend having the procedure enough and Ive never once regretted it. My life, confidence and health have greatly improved along with my self esteem xx

Edit- I meant to add that I have lost no sensation in my nipples at all!

Sorry, i keep thinking of things as I go along. When you have a BR, the boobs are automatically lifted so that they look perfectly pert. I find it great now that I can wear off the shoulder bardot tops and no bra. Never in a million years could I have imagined not being able to go braless without running the risk of tripping over my boobs😅😅.

• Heart
Sorry, i keep thinking of things as I go along. When you have a BR, the boobs are automatically lifted so that they look perfectly pert. I find it great now that I can wear off the shoulder bardot tops and no bra. Never in a million years could I have imagined not being able to go braless without running the risk of tripping over my boobs😅😅.
I was just about to ask this! So I wouldn’t need to pay twice for reduction and lift?🤔 it’s sounding more tempting by the day!! I don’t suppose they gave you any info/stats on the likelihood of them ‘dropping’ again despite the lift? I’m so nervous that I’ll pay for it and then they’ll go back to how they are now if/when I have children

I was just about to ask this! So I wouldn’t need to pay twice for reduction and lift?🤔 it’s sounding more tempting by the day!! I don’t suppose they gave you any info/stats on the likelihood of them ‘dropping’ again despite the lift? I’m so nervous that I’ll pay for it and then they’ll go back to how they are now if/when I have children
They were quite upfront with me about it. If you have children, they will droop to a degree because the skin will be stretched and shrunk rapidly. They won't be the boobs you started off with, but they will drop. I don't want children so things like that and breastfeeding haven't impacted my decision but if 100% wait until after babies to have them- even from the breastfeeding angle.

Your natural take off will also influence where they 'settle'. If you turn to the side and see the crease where your boob 'starts', that's where they'll settle. Initially after surgery, they'll be really high up but after a year they'll settle there (with your newly positioned higher nipples). Does this make sense? When I wanted just an uplift, the surgeon said that because my take off was high, it would look ridiculous as I'd have massive boobs practically under my chin 😂 now I want the reduction it'll be fine!

Reactions: 1
No, the breast reduction will be sufficient. Unless you put on a significant amount of weight, they are unlikely to drop but they will settle once the swelling goes down but not droop, they become more of a natural tear drop shape.

Reactions: 1
Hey, I very rarely post on here but felt I needed to reply to this. I had a breast reduction done via the NHS (crippling back problems) when I was 21 (18 years ago) and honestly it’s the best thing I ever did. They were a 32FF on a size 10 frame, and incredibly painful! I would absolutely recommend going for it, it only for physical health but for mental health - my inability to wear any clothes (if they were Lycra I’d be deemed as showing them off or I’d have to buy a size 20 to fit over them). Best decision I made ❤

• Heart