Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WhiteRose

I was just about to ask this! So I wouldn’t need to pay twice for reduction and lift?🤔 it’s sounding more tempting by the day!! I don’t suppose they gave you any info/stats on the likelihood of them ‘dropping’ again despite the lift? I’m so nervous that I’ll pay for it and then they’ll go back to how they are now if/when I have children
No, the breast reduction will be sufficient. Unless you put on a significant amount of weight, they are unlikely to drop but they will settle once the swelling goes down but not droop, they become more of a natural tear drop shape.

Reactions: 1

MalletsMallet

I was just about to ask this! So I wouldn’t need to pay twice for reduction and lift?🤔 it’s sounding more tempting by the day!! I don’t suppose they gave you any info/stats on the likelihood of them ‘dropping’ again despite the lift? I’m so nervous that I’ll pay for it and then they’ll go back to how they are now if/when I have children
They were quite upfront with me about it. If you have children, they will droop to a degree because the skin will be stretched and shrunk rapidly. They won't be the boobs you started off with, but they will drop. I don't want children so things like that and breastfeeding haven't impacted my decision but if 100% wait until after babies to have them- even from the breastfeeding angle.

Your natural take off will also influence where they 'settle'. If you turn to the side and see the crease where your boob 'starts', that's where they'll settle. Initially after surgery, they'll be really high up but after a year they'll settle there (with your newly positioned higher nipples). Does this make sense? When I wanted just an uplift, the surgeon said that because my take off was high, it would look ridiculous as I'd have massive boobs practically under my chin 😂 now I want the reduction it'll be fine!

Gembo

VIP Member
I had my face to face last week, I forgot to update! Tbh, he didn’t give a whole lot more information than the zoom meeting I had. He did some measurements, ran over the time frames that I’d be in hospital/off work/not driving for etc. He was really reassuring though. Good luck!
I had my face to face last week, I forgot to update! Tbh, he didn’t give a whole lot more information than the zoom meeting I had. He did some measurements, ran over the time frames that I’d be in hospital/off work/not driving for etc. He was really reassuring though. Good luck!
Thank you both! Can’t believe how nervous I am! Not looking forward to showing a stranger my boobs either 😄 hopefully I will come away feeling more confident about everything.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I had it done around 12 years ago, it made me feel so much better and my back and neck pains disappeared almost over night. The recovery was very slow which surprised me but it was classed as major surgery and I won’t lie it was incredibly sore and painful. I’m now going through menopause and my breasts have become fuller and more swollen again. Because of this I wish I’d gone a little smaller to allow for this. I have no scarring on or around my breast or nipple and I went for the anchor method ( but I do have scars near my under arms, so I can’t wear anything too loose). But it’s a lot lot less noticeable now than it was.
I’ve never regretted it if that helps!

Mustard

VIP Member
A blogger called Sasha Wilkins (Liberty London Girl) had a breast reduction a few years ago and did a long post about it.

Would anyone recommend going to Turkey/ any other country for it to be cheaper? I've heard some great things but also some not great things about going to a foreign country for surgery. Currently looking at Longevita as they have a clinic based in London too.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I suppose if you are happy with the actual size of your boobs but needed them lifting, you may need implants but with a reduction, they couldn't just take fat away from say underneath the nipple, it has to come from all of the breast and therefore your nipple is repositioned higher up, in the centre of the boob. Most larger breasted ladies, the boobs droop and therefore your nipple is sitting much lower, in some case pointing south. Therefore once the excess fat has been removed, your nipple is then sewn back on to sit more naturally in the centre therefore giving a prettier boob, more uplifted look.
Sorry, I probably aren't making much sense but in my head I know what I mean, I just aren't explaining myself very well!
No I totally understand what you mean! Just seems like a con if a surgeon offers both procedures when a reduction seems to achieve the results of an uplift anyway, as you explained... for some reason I was thinking I needed both 😂 Thank you for everything you’ve shared, it’s been so helpful to get some insight

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I desperately want this. Im a 38/40JJ/k. Not only are they big but theyre so saggy. Theyve always been saggy, I just have an awful boob shape. Wide roots and pendulous 😭 I will never have 'good' boobs but id love them to feel lifted! My Mum had hers done when she was younger, when it was allowed more freely on the NHS. Maybe one day 🤞

Thanks for replying! Seems like such a long process but I can understand why as it's an expensive procedure. Did they refer to have an assessment by a psychologist aswell?
No problem. Yes psychologist was part of the process, all about my thoughts and reasons for it. I would look at the NICE guidelines for your health board before you go to the doctor.

Gembo

VIP Member
I have my face to face consultation this week and I’m already full of anxiety 😬 does anyone have any tips, advice? I’m working on a list of questions but I feel like so much of the information is already out there, did anyone have anything they found to be particularly important to ask or that they forgot to ask and wishes they remembered?

Lalala17

Hello!
Thank you so much for this thread, it's been really informative for me!
I'm currently going through the procedures to hopefully get my reduction on the NHS. Really hate to be a strain on them during this time but i'm in daily pain with mine and i've had enough. I'm 4ft 11, and a 36J and after 2 children and breastfeeding they are literally down to my waist. I also had spinal surgery as a child (grade 4 spondolylothesis) and I have a grade 2 scoliosis currently which my GP thinks is getting worse due to the size of my breasts. I have had an appointment with my previous orthopedic surgeon who has said he thinks it would help along with a supportive GP. I have my first physio appointment tommorow due to back pain. How long did the process take for those that had them on the NHS? I'm also obese according to my BMI and want to lose some weight (around 1/1/2 - 2 stone) but my breasts alone weigh over a stone so that's a concern for me getting to a 'normal' BMI.
Anyway any info on the NHS route would be great!
Thank you x

Gembo

VIP Member
Honestly, I was stressing but my friend is a midwife and told me she doesn’t even notice fannys anymore so that made me think, this guy has probably seen so many pairs of boobs it’s nothing to him! He also looked at them with an eye on how to improve them so it was honestly fine!
That’s true, I’m sure I’ll be fine once I get there it’s just the anticipation I think. I’ve read that he’s very good at putting people at ease.

Hi, I've always been a lurker on these threads but reading this thread caught my eye so felt the need to come and offer you my opinion as 18 months ago, I had a breast reduction and it was honestly the best decision ever. I was previously a 30H and am now roughly a 32DD/E, the difference is amazing. There may be other readers who have also had surgery but I'm happy to answer any questions??
Just to give you an idea of my journey, I too was fed up with the size of my boobs, visited my GP who referred me to the NHS surgeon. Now, I know I was extremely lucky as its really quite rare to get the op on the NHS however even had I not qualified for the surgery, it would still have been worth investing in getting he op done privately. My BMI was within the criteria, think I have a BMI of 23 and the limit is about 25/26. I didn't request a particular size but the consultant calculated how much he needed to remove and estimated that I would be reduced to a DD which may sound big but for my frame is just perfect. Your nipples are also made smaller and repositioned.
I know its classed as major surgery but my surgery went like a breeze, in 2 nights and then home to recover, I was off work for about 5 weeks, driving after 3, overall my recovery was brilliant.
Yes, they look bruised and swollen but honestly the feeling when you come out of surgery, its like been in awe of these pert little boobs. The pain was fine and manageable, i came home with drains but these were removed 2 days after coming home. Not all surgeons use drains but they are supposed to help reduce the amount of bruising as they drain the excess blood away.
I live on my own so obviously sleep on my own so I had no worries about anyone knocking elbows into me but I did use 2 pillows down my side to keep me in position on my back as you won't be able to sleep on your side for a good few weeks and you will need to wear a bra in bed for the first 12 months though I still wear one as I am paranoid about them getting droopy! Theres probably more I could tell you but one thing I can say is that its not a horrendous operation, yes surgery is probably about 5 hours (mine was only 2 and a half because I had 2 surgeons operating on me) but please don't let any nightmare experiences put you off, they will be few and far between.
Please feel free to ask me any questions.
Hi, I've been looking at this thread for a while and keep putting off that I want this doing! For my frame my breasts are large (30F) I believe and it's been an insecurity of mine for well over a year now, but I'm not really in a financial position to book privately- just wanted to ask how you went about contacting your GP/what did you say? My BMI is low about 22, I'm just worried that the GP will think I'm silly, or being selfish during the pandemic but I just feel like I'll be so much happier and more confident if I try and sort this insecurity now, just worried that I'll get turned away or be referred to some type of counselling to do with the insecurity instead?? Any advice please x

chocolate choux

VIP Member
No, the breast reduction will be sufficient. Unless you put on a significant amount of weight, they are unlikely to drop but they will settle once the swelling goes down but not droop, they become more of a natural tear drop shape.
Do you know what they would do differently if you wanted an uplift as well? If they remove mass and skin and reposition the nipples higher during a reduction, I don’t understand what they would do for the additional uplift part?

Sorry if I’m being stupid, it’s late 😴 Can completely see what you mean in terms of a reduction resulting in an uplifted look so confused about what the surgeon would do differently if you wanted both...

Hi, I've been looking at this thread for a while and keep putting off that I want this doing! For my frame my breasts are large (30F) I believe and it's been an insecurity of mine for well over a year now, but I'm not really in a financial position to book privately- just wanted to ask how you went about contacting your GP/what did you say? My BMI is low about 22, I'm just worried that the GP will think I'm silly, or being selfish during the pandemic but I just feel like I'll be so much happier and more confident if I try and sort this insecurity now, just worried that I'll get turned away or be referred to some type of counselling to do with the insecurity instead?? Any advice please x
I got right to the final stage for having it on the NHS when I was in my early 20s but was knocked back due to age and if I wanted to have kids.
Now in my 30s and family complete I went back last year and was referred again. But that’s where it stops, not sure what is happening due to COVID and I don’t want to seem silly chasing it up.
For reference I am a G with a healthy BMI and totally out of proportion.
I’ve decided to start exploring my options privately. There’s a few steps do even get to the panel for the NHS and I don’t want to wait to be knocked back again (consultation/images/psychologist etc).

Also just to add, have a look at the guidelines. They won’t even do one for back pain any more.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I desperately want this. Im a 38/40JJ/k. Not only are they big but theyre so saggy. Theyve always been saggy, I just have an awful boob shape. Wide roots and pendulous 😭 I will never have 'good' boobs but id love them to feel lifted! My Mum had hers done when she was younger, when it was allowed more freely on the NHS. Maybe one day 🤞
They sound perfectly normal and healthy. I think the media shows that only part boobs are the norm when in reality there is so much variety in shape and size.

I got right to the final stage for having it on the NHS when I was in my early 20s but was knocked back due to age and if I wanted to have kids.
Now in my 30s and family complete I went back last year and was referred again. But that’s where it stops, not sure what is happening due to COVID and I don’t want to seem silly chasing it up.
For reference I am a G with a healthy BMI and totally out of proportion.
I’ve decided to start exploring my options privately. There’s a few steps do even get to the panel for the NHS and I don’t want to wait to be knocked back again (consultation/images/psychologist etc).

Also just to add, have a look at the guidelines. They won’t even do one for back pain any more.
Thanks for replying! Seems like such a long process but I can understand why as it's an expensive procedure. Did they refer to have an assessment by a psychologist aswell?

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I looked online , into the procedure/ cost of having an uplift because I hate how saggy my my boobs are . I'm too scared to go through an operation and I can't really take the time out for them to heal. They aren't big boob, although they are a decent cup size ,they don't look big on my frame because my shoulders are large too and I tend to carry weight on my top half .

A few years ago I discovered Boob Or Bust and their measuring system and it really opened my eyes in terms of correctly fitting bras and the sizing because there is so much misconception/ lack of knowledge about bra sizes.

Whether or not someone goes down the uplift route, a well fitting bra improves how breasts look and feel and it shouldn't be underestimated.

My posture is still terrible and I really need to work on that .