Breast feeding

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've got an especially brainwashed one here 🤦 one is a comment from a particular sponge company's page and the other is from the book signing. Then again she looks to be a bit of a funny one as she mentions in one post that she's still breastfeeding the one kid who looks to be 3 or 4 😶
I’m sorry this is off topic but your comment on breastfeeding is extremely ignorant. Natural term breastfeeding is natural and no one should be shamed for doing it or made to feel like some kind of weirdo 🤬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I’m sorry this is off topic but your comment on breastfeeding is extremely ignorant. Natural term breastfeeding is natural and no one should be shamed for doing it or made to feel like some kind of weirdo 🤬

This is a gossip website to be fair, you'll probably find thousands of things on here that offend you. Just my opinion.
That article mentions that breastfeeding up to the age of 7 is normal. Oh I just can't even 🤦🤢.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
This is a gossip website to be fair, you'll probably find thousands of things on here that offend you. Just my opinion.
That article mentions that breastfeeding up to the age of 7 is normal. Oh I just can't even [emoji1751][emoji1785].
Seven is believed to be natural human weaning age, when kids lose their milk teeth. Obviousky this is going way back and most people don't do that anymore but nursing a 3/4 year old isn't weird. The NHS and WHO both recommend nursing for two years and beyond.

This isn't a breastfeeding board so we're probably best getting back on track but Im an IBCLC so if anyone has questions I'm happy to dm.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
That article mentions that breastfeeding up to the age of 7 is normal. Oh I just can't even 🤦🤢.
It’s not offensive: it’s just an uneducated opinion from someone who doesn’t know tit about breastfeeding.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Enough with the breastfeeding chat yeah? This ages old debate won't be solved on a Tattle thread (as amazing as this place is let's be honest) so go start another thread and stop derailing the Hinch one. Not all of us give a flying monkeys.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Sorry but we are all entitled to our opinions. Each to their own - but if the Child can drink from a cup and has teeth then it doesnt need the Breast lol. And its a change from the breast is best brigade guilting Mums who decide to bottle feed for whatever reason 😉

• Angry
Reactions: 23
Enough with the breastfeeding chat yeah? This ages old debate won't be solved on a Tattle thread (as amazing as this place is let's be honest) so go start another thread and stop derailing the Hinch one. Not all of us give a flying monkeys.
Phew! Thought I'd fallen into a forum hole and ended up at mumsnet for a moment then! Yes please bore off back there with the infant feeding arguments

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Bread and club biscuits is fine though 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
This is a factual statistic. The average is 7 years because of countries where things are done differently either through nutritional necessity or cultural norms. Whereas we in the West are busy thinking feeding our own babies is disgusting because billion £ formula marketing companies told us so. And its not at all off topic because MH is soon to be playing her part in this saga. Can't wait to see how it unfolds....

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If people don't want to breast feed its their choice no one should feel ashamed or embarassed to admit it. Coming out with stuff like 'everyone should try it rara' is what is wrong with society now a days.

FFS as long as the kid is getting fed it doesn't matter how.

Reactions: 24
No woman should ever feel ashamed of not being able to breast feed. I tried with my first son, for two days and nights.We were in scbu. At one point there were no less than four staff pulling at me..my mam eventually flipped her lid at them. He was being topped up as I just couldn't produce milk. I never even leaked. Yet I tried and tried and inbetween I tried expressing. Nothing I had nothing. He lost weight and I felt like I was a rubbish mam. He went on formula and gained the weight needed to leave hospital. Its a very pesonal choice and although we each have an opinion..we should respect others and their choices!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I completely support formula feeding mums, but I’m annoyed Hinch is showing off that perfect prep machine. It’s so transparent that she’s only setting up for formula feeding because the industry is worth more money. Although it was ‘gifted’ so not a #ad, at this point doesn’t even showing it count as an ad 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I completely support formula feeding mums, but I’m annoyed Hinch is showing off that perfect prep machine. It’s so transparent that she’s only setting up for formula feeding because the industry is worth more money. Although it was ‘gifted’ so not a #ad, at this point doesn’t even showing it count as an ad 🤷‍♀️
She also did a question asking people if they recommend sma or aptamil "if she wasnt able to breastfeed". I mean what kind of fanny makes decisions about their baby's health based on an Instagram poll?

She has probably already breached the WHO Code on promoting formula by sharing that machine. Bets she'll have broken the law before junior is even out of hospital???

Reactions: 10
Out of personal interest, not for those who can’t breastfeed or have tried to and it didn’t work out, what would be the reasons that made your decision to formula feed before you baby has been born?

Reactions: 1
She also did a question asking people if they recommend sma or aptamil "if she wasnt able to breastfeed". I mean what kind of fanny makes decisions about their baby's health based on an Instagram poll?

She has probably already breached the WHO Code on promoting formula by sharing that machine. Bets she'll have broken the law before junior is even out of hospital???
Exactly. My money is she’ll be basing her decision on how offers the most £££! The way she’s gone about it is so sneaky, if these followers will buy a pen because she uses it I don’t doubt for a minute they won’t use the same formula because she uses it.

Reactions: 2
Gonna sound thick here, why is it illegal?
Theres a few reasons why and leaving aside the Breast is best reasons, one of the main ones is because shady companys with questionable ethics (sound familiar!) In the 70s.

Nestle sent reps into hospitals in 3rd world countries dressed as nurses advertising formula to new mothers. This new amazing product that would feed baby keep them fuller for longer and sleep better etc the usual formula stuff you still hear from people today.

They gave the formula free to the mothers. The mothers then went home with no breastmilk and very quickly couldn't afford the formula anymore. They had no access to clean water and sterile bottles etc. They started watering down the formula a d babies became sick and died directly because of Nestle (SMA)
What other Nestle products do we see MH advertise. Smarties? Milkybar Yoghurts? Nesquick?

She most definitely had a payment by Nestle previously and it's very suspicious to me she would include Nestle Formula brand in her poll.
Formula Companies advertised it as a solution to hungrier babies, gave leaflets out that branded BFing as a negative thing and again free tins of formula were given (just incase) HCPs were paid by formula companies to suggest using their brand of formula.
So all this going on women started to be shamed for Breastfeeding and received no support from either medical professionals or friends and family and turned to formula. Which given the breast is best information was not the best choice for babies.

Aptamil got into a lot of trouble for their their campaign which stated closest to breast milk (all formula is basically the same thing they have a legal standard so one is not superior to the other and none is closer to Breastmilk)
However this slogan is again something you here from women all the time regarding Aptamil. They had another few ads that caused trouble too. One started with a bfing mother and then said when you decide to move on from Breastfeeding...
This implied their formula was as good as breastmilk and didnt say 'at 6 months' so if you decided to stop breastfeeding in the first 3 minutes you could reach for aptamil because it was just as good as Breastmilk. They used to have an immunofortis claim again they got in trouble for that.

All shady advertising by formula companies who just want to make money at the end of the day.
Cow and gate and aptamil are made by the same company. They are like all formula basically the same, but 2 different brands targets two different sections of the market and increases profit. Last year they changed the main ingredient from Demineralised whey to lactose, as it was cheaper to produce. The whey:casein ratio is now 50:50 instead of 60:40 it caused a lot of babies to get sick as.

Follow on milk however if you check ingredients are basically the exact same as first stage milk. It was introduced by Formula companies as a way around the banning of advertising Breast Milk substitutes. Its from 6 months onwards which is when babies are recommended to wean.

I am not anti formula. I was formula fed as were some of my nieces and nephews. Some were breastfed and they're all happy healthy children. However shady advertising should always be called out and not just swept under the rug, which ironically seems to happen all the time. Just remove it and it will go away seems to be a mantra.

Sorry for the huge post 😂😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Out of personal interest, not for those who can’t breastfeed or have tried to and it didn’t work out, what would be the reasons that made your decision to formula feed before you baby has been born?
Mine was based on letting my husband have a more active role. I never really wanted to bf but also couldn’t say why I didn’t want to... just didn’t want 2 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Agree with the comment above me. I just didn’t want to... the thought of it made me feel really uncomfortable and that’s the only way I could describe it.

Also after going through a tough pregnancy, I felt like it was my body and I wanted it back / wanted to feel myself again. My mum bottle fed five of us and we’re all grown up and healthy - maybe that was on my mind 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 12